PDA

View Full Version : Sit the ATPL exam 2 times ( modular+ intagrated)

cmdn
26th Oct 2013, 09:05
Hello,

Do you know if it's possible to sit the ATPL exams 2 times?
I mean for example you sit the 14 modules one time ( with an ATPL learning distance) and then you want to begin an ATPL intagrated formation ( oxford or CTC) and start again the complete ATPL course and sit one more time the 14 modules with the integrated course. Can the FTO not accept me for the intagrated course if I already have the ATPL?

magicmick
26th Oct 2013, 11:03
If you sat the exams in the UK originally with the CAA and passed them, the CAA will not let you sit them again so you would not be able to start a UK integrated course or an integrated course outside UK that uses CAA exams (FTE for example).

Not sure what the rules would be if you originally sat non CAA exams and wanted to start a UK integrated course or if you sat CAA exams originally and wanted to start a non UK integrated course.

Sorry if it's bad news, good luck.

OhNoCB
26th Oct 2013, 11:18
Could be very wrong, no personal experience but I am sure I have heard before of people entering ATPL integrated courses with PPL + ATPL theory already complete and getting a certain hour exemption (small, less than 25 hours I think) from the practical side with no requirement to re-complete the theoretical.

pakythepilot
26th Oct 2013, 14:58
I think it's better if you ask it directly to the school where you would attend your integrated course.