PDA

View Full Version : IBERIA first 333 in new colours

JanetFlight
25th Oct 2013, 21:10
Hi :)

Photos: Airbus A330-303 Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Iberia/Airbus-A330-303/2336536/L/)

So basically 2 questions:

1) So secrecy and too much time "for this"..???:{

2) With a fleet almost as dirty as AF, in this layout here, (unless they change their fuselage cleaning policy), this "new eurowhite style" would evidence it much more ... just my 2 cents :oh:

Cheers:)

PS: heard about Font/Style letters ? :ouch:

Capetonian
25th Oct 2013, 21:16
Utterly uninspiring and uninspired Much as I dislike the airline, I thought the old livery was very evocative of all the good things about Spain.

The money would be better spent on customer service training as Iberia possibly sets the lowest standard of any EU (legacy) carrier.

rmac
26th Oct 2013, 03:34
does it look a little designed to be a red version of the BA design and in someway trying to convey an IAG consistency ?

airsmiles
26th Oct 2013, 06:50
I find it utterly incredible that any industry professional would regard such a bland colour scheme as the way forward and a positive asset to the airline. What message are they trying convey here?

ETOPS
26th Oct 2013, 10:32
What message are they trying convey here?

We only used one pot of red paint and half a pot of yellow?

Bearcat
26th Oct 2013, 11:17
Lessors like white schemes in case snatch and grab required

gonetech
26th Oct 2013, 19:58
Oh Dear...this looks like it could be packaging for bread or something....very boring bread.
:(

Shack37
26th Oct 2013, 22:27
Is an aircraft's paint job that important?

JanetFlight
27th Oct 2013, 06:00

In a World & Society totally dominated by MSM, Image, Web, etc etc....the most obvious answer is: YES!:cool:

Cymmon
27th Oct 2013, 12:54
Just "another colour scheme", doesn't say IBERIA - Spanish airlines!

Ok, before anyone says, Iberia is on the fuselage and Engines, take this off, look at the fuselage colours only, which airline is this?

Bland, unimaginative, poor.

airsmiles
27th Oct 2013, 13:02

Presumably it is to most airlines, otherwise they'd just paint every aircraft in white with no other markings. For me, the image should sum up what the airline is about.

e.g.

Air France - generally filthy a/c, so doesn't give a warm feeling about how they maintain their a/c.

Lufthansa - generally pristine a/c, so I'm thinking the opposite to Air France

I like the BA colour scheme (amongst many others) because when I get on obe of their a/c in a foreign airport I find it welcoming and being home already. When you travel a lot for work it makes a difference.

Capetonian
27th Oct 2013, 19:59
otherwise they'd just paint every aircraft in white with no other markings.
More logically, leave them in bare metal to save the cost of painting and the weight.

vctenderness
28th Oct 2013, 09:37
As did American Airlines.

airsmiles
28th Oct 2013, 20:12
Not so much metal in the latest aircraft though, so unpainted composite would be the norm? Anyway, I've heard stories that corrosion prevention measures on bare metal cost the earth and negated the fuel saving from having no paint. There must have been some reason why nearly every airline opted for a painted finish.

EI-BUD
5th Nov 2013, 20:40
This scheme is just awful. I had quite hoped that they would opt for something like German wings and use some sort of ribbons in the colours of the Spanish flag and perhaps put this ribbon on top of IBERIA the way BA do with theirs.

I realise the Spanish flag colours would be a bit intense all over an aircraft but this has to be one of the least well thought through schemes ever....

EI-BUD

tipp55
5th Nov 2013, 21:26
Boring, boring, boring..........

PAXboy
6th Nov 2013, 14:16
vctendernessAs did American Airlines.

Until the composite 787 came along!

If you think that livery does not count, think back to the hoo-hah over the BA world tails? As it happens, I thought they were brilliant but could see why people did not like them.