PDA

View Full Version : Lt Cdr Timothy J Barker RN, 771 Naval Air Squadron

Rescue 193
24th Oct 2013, 19:06
Firstly, my sincere apologies to anyone not informed personally, or who has not already heard the sad news that Lt Cdr Tim Barker RN (of 771 Naval Air Squadron), passed away unexpectedly at home, on 17 October 2013.

Tim was an outstanding SAR Observer and Fleet Air Arm Officer who had served with distinction previously both within 771 NAS and GANNET SAR Flight, as well as on several Op Tours overseas.

I am writing with details of the funeral, which will be held on Friday 01 November 2013 in Helston. Rig for Service personnel will be 1B (headgear, medals, no swords), or equivalent. The family have asked for no flowers or gifts, but that donations are made to the RNRMC in memory of Tim.

At this stage, 771 NAS is trawling for Service volunteers to act as Pall-Bearers and the family have asked for friends and colleagues of Tim to take on this role. Volunteers must be available to attend rehearsals commencing from 1300 on Wed 30 Oct 13 at RNAS Culdrose.

Accommodation at Culdrose can be booked via telephone on 01326 552683. Note that Culdrose is on extended weekend leave from 1200 Fri 25 Oct until 0800 Tue 29 Oct.

Please cascade this information widely to ensure that those who knew Tim are informed and have the opportunity to attend and support the family.

In all cases, please respond ASAP to Lt Cdr Simon Daw RN, 771 NAS, who is the Sqn lead officer at Email: [email protected] who can provide further details.

Pol Potty mouth
25th Oct 2013, 21:28
I'm shocked and saddened to hear the news of Tim's passing. I thoroughly enjoyed flying and being on shift with him during my time on 771. His laconic style will surely be missed.

I'm disappointed that there's no-one spare to cover my shift on 1 Nov so I won't be able to make his funeral, but I will raise a glass to him when next I can,

Jon E
(771's tame crab 2003-2006)

Acey ducey
29th Oct 2013, 20:09
I won't be able to make the funeral but I'd just like to say that I'm shocked at Tim's passing.
I have many fond memories of runs ashore with the legend that is the 'Barkage' and he will be sorely missed. Will be raising a glass to him.