PDA

View Full Version : FTE (present situation)

Guillermojc
23rd Oct 2013, 11:16
Hello,

I´m planning to start my training in January 2014.

As I´m self-sponzored I´m quite worried about what would happen once I´m finished. Is the school giving you some help in order to find your first job? Do they take care of their students once they´re graduated?

How´s your general impression about the school and the training?

I´ve read quite a lot about the school and I though that finding someone who is there at the moment or even nearly finishing there and ask would the best thing to do!

I would appreciate any help.

FANS
23rd Oct 2013, 15:37
Why not wait for a sponsored scheme?

Why not ctc wings as well?

pilotchute
24th Oct 2013, 10:52
Guil,

What you must first do before you embark on training such as this (very expensive), you should maybe look at who is hiring at the moment. I just looked and nobody is!!! Now is probably the worst time in the last 30 years to do a CPL/IR.

drag king
24th Oct 2013, 14:05
Now is probably the worst time in the last 30 years to do a CPL/IR.

"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before." - [Rahm Emanuel]

He/she could be ready to go as soon as this time is over...:E

Waldo
24th Oct 2013, 17:01
They will NOT help you find a job!!!

Callsign Kilo
24th Oct 2013, 17:52
Either work hard to get on a cadet scheme or go somewhere and get your licence for half the price that FTE charge. You'll end up having to shell out for a TR, ending up some place like Ryanair on questionable terms. Have you done any research??? :ugh: Airlines aren't hiring at the moment unless you are on their cadet scheme or have several 1000 hours worth of jet experience. Your money though, FTE will be happy to turn you upside down until the last pennies fall from your pockets

drivez
24th Oct 2013, 20:52
Pure pot luck on getting jobs. Some great graduates are sitting at home whilst others (good too!) have found jobs. Anyone not sponsored and expect to pay a TR. Basically wait for a sponorship.

FTE works on a recommend basis that is basically a dark art, random airlines will come looking for cadets, some will be sent for interview and never hear a thing, others will be in done and on line before you can blink.

You'll have a fantastic time out there and make unbelievable friends. It'll p@ss you off no end with its dysfunction at times, but all flying schools are the same. The beer is cheap, and the pool cool, both useful on those warm summer days.