PDA

View Full Version : Landing with landing gear up?

antiguogrumete
22nd Oct 2013, 09:07
Strange maneuver (CL-215T at VLC).

G31yy5o1E5A

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
22nd Oct 2013, 09:35
Didn't look to me as if it landed so what's this about?

DaveReidUK
22nd Oct 2013, 11:53
Didn't look to me as if it landed so what's this about? It's simply an excuse for posting another pointless video ...

Though I'd have landed if my props were really windmilling like that. :O

chevvron
22nd Oct 2013, 12:32
I agree with HD; there was a distinct gap between the hull and the ground at it's lowest point. The 'windmilling' props were just an optical illusion.

Phalconphixer
22nd Oct 2013, 12:33
Nothing strange about it... it looks like a perfectly normal visual low approach and go-around to me... given that most of the approaches these guys do on operations do are flown visually, because, strangely enough, the lakes from which these guys take on water when on water bombing operations and exercises don't have ILS systems...
Just for interests sake... We have just such a lake near our home (the 'Embalse de Los Bermejales') that is used fairly regularly both on exercise and operations during the summer when heath and forest fires are a real threat. On such exercises they fly a visual steep approach down to the surface and carry out a fast taxi, sucking up God know how many gallons of water, take off again then circle around and bomb the surface of the lake at a predetermined spot before going around and repeating the process.

DaveReidUK
22nd Oct 2013, 13:26
The 'windmilling' props were just an optical illusion.No kidding?

There was I thinking what an impressive glide performance the CL-215T had. :O

Our photographer friend either needs to sort out his shutter speed settings, or else stick to filming jets.

joy ride
22nd Oct 2013, 18:09
Such lazy camera work. is it really all THAT difficult to rig up an electronic controller for a camera's shutter speed, then link it by radio to sensors on an aeroplane's throttle cables so that the filmed propellers spin at actual speed and in the correct direction?!

Hartington
22nd Oct 2013, 19:08
Our photographer friend either needs to sort out his shutter speed settings, or else stick to filming jets.

Nooooooooooooooooo...........

Don't encourage him to post even more.