PDA

View Full Version : Travel Service (Czech Republic) recruiting.... interview...

giertom1
20th Oct 2013, 15:20
Travel Service is a leader in the charter flight market in the Czech Republic.

There is two screening coming in November(09-11.11)-December(30.11-02.12).
Is there anyone been accepted?
Has anyone recently been through the process??

I will be much appreciate to Anyone with previous screening experience.
Can you kindly share the details and your opinion. Please.
How did "you" found the screening and how did "you" go.

Any info guys would be greatly appreciated.

axl76fg
20th Oct 2013, 16:59
Giertom 1 ...are you Polish?

they already did the selection process and took some pilots and they have also about 20 pilots with TR for B737 who successfully passed their screening and they are still in the Wait List.
they will open new selection only for Polish pilots for their Polish bases.

giertom1
20th Oct 2013, 17:12
Yes, I am Polish.
Also I ve been informed that the pilot who passed screening they will be on waiting list.
Have you got through screening as well??
What is your experience?
I wish to end in Polish based airline after 12 years abroad :)

Watt001
21st Oct 2013, 07:15
Hello. I have a friend, who just passed through the assesment and I can tell you some information I have. Every applicant must be type rated for B737. The English Language test is said to be so difficult. And if you pass, you get to the waiting list, you are not hired immidiately.
Other disciplines in assesment are simmilar to other airlines - ATP questions, psycho motoric tests etc.

giertom1
21st Oct 2013, 08:09
Thank you Watt001,

I am happy to read that info.
It will be great if you can write PM and pass as much info as you can get from your Friend :)

Thank you

smok84
21st Oct 2013, 09:17
This sounds like a great oppertunity, thanks for sharing.
But on their website it states that they have no vacancies.
Can someone point me in the right direction, where to apply for the position of FO with Travel Service?

smok84
21st Oct 2013, 15:56
Thank you for your answer :)
Very unfortunate for me :(

But making 1000 euro is not alot, but then at least you are building hours!!

Good luck to those who get invited

axl76fg
21st Oct 2013, 16:25
Smok84
Sorry man to be direct with you..but if you are selling yourself as "professional pilot" which i suppose you are, for 1K just to make hours..change please profession!

FlyingStone
21st Oct 2013, 17:56
But making 1000 euro is not alot, but then at least you are building hours!!

So by this logic why would anyone pay a captain with 10.000 hours? 1000€ "is not a lot, but at least he's building hours".:ugh:

As suggested, do some reading on the word professional.

smok84
21st Oct 2013, 19:00
No offence taken, I completely understand your point of view and obviously agree with you that the salary should be higher. But then again if this is a way of getting the a foot in door, then I would not neglect the opportunity.

irishoperator
23rd Oct 2013, 21:39
I don't blame him at all for wanting to take this opportunity.

I know everyone bangs on about oh you're damaging t's and c's - well I hate to break it to you but things aren't going to change - ever. If he doesn't take this opportunity then someone else will (probably you if you were in the same position).

Realistically this is one of the few entries into this profession now and I would say grab that opportunity with both hands.

giertom1
24th Oct 2013, 08:11
Thank you for those guys who shared information about TVS assessment either here via PM-or e-mail. :D

I still would like here more.
Any other present or previous Pilot would like to give some tips or share experience? :confused:

Callsign Kilo
24th Oct 2013, 17:40
737s aren't for 'hour building.' They are commercial transport aircraft, there to be operated by two qualified crew members entrusted with the safety of its occupants. Have you asked yourself what you are going to do when you 'build hours?' I can tell you from experience that FOs are ten a penny and will eventually occupy the RHS for gratis. Today's FOs on **** conditions are tomorrow's captains on **** conditions. Yes it probably won't change, but sure you knew that when you invested all that money and effort in your licences didn't you? It's a job first and foremost, remember that

giertom1
24th Oct 2013, 19:40
Congratulation to all who passed and Good Luck to all who are going for the screening today or soon. :ok:

Looking forward to hearing from you soon... :)

giertom1
18th Nov 2013, 22:55
I have my assessment on 01.12 till 02.12.2013.
PM me if you going for the same date.
Any information will be helpful

ValePilot
22nd Nov 2013, 22:09
Hi, I read this on pilot jobs network. The news is of September 2013: hiring cadets for 2014 season. Is it true? If yes, there is nothing on website.

Do you have any ideas?

aviaticus
3rd Dec 2013, 08:25
I am an insider and looking for a new job elsewhere. Thay have the worst working conditions you may imagine, they are deep in there heads still in totalitarizm and won´t change it soon...Even if you sell your soul for 1K, they send you for PIA contract work to Karachi which makes you go even deeper as a gladiator pilot...
Stay away and watch out for your life :\

giertom1
5th Dec 2013, 10:49
Dear aviaticus,

Thank you very much for your opinion about current employer,
If you wish to talk about this in more deep them PM me.
I do apologies if my reply will hurt you but I asked in my treat to share opinion and tips about recruitment assessment from current employees who just passed.

Thank you once again

To all guys who joined 30.11-02.12.2013 congratulation and I hope all of you enjoyed Prague weekend.
PM me if you wish your results. Great job and thank you.

ValePilot
5th Dec 2013, 11:31
But is there any possibility to join Travel Service as cadet?

aviaticus
7th Dec 2013, 13:05
If using it as hour building on B737NG, it is still, don´t take me wrong, cadet pilot prostitution against the fellow pilots which are trying to keep the dignity of this profession where it belongs. You probably think that when You later turn for a B737 job to some westerly Airline, You will make profit of working cheaply over here, but You do not see how are You worsening position of all other fellow collegues, that have to comply to this gladiator like conditions to which You have agreed for. Now other pilots working there for already miserable salaries, have to comply to the 1K or " I will fly for food only" conditions that You have created there for the others . And now it is already " run out for life situation" getting terible and impossible. As a result, You will bring to this unhappy industry unforseenable
deteriorating conditions which will as well affect You negatively in a near future too

ValePilot
7th Dec 2013, 19:52
My question was very simple I guess :ok:

RedBullGaveMeWings
7th Dec 2013, 20:48
If using it as hour building on B737NG, it is still, don´t take me wrong, cadet pilot prostitution against the fellow pilots which are trying to keep the dignity of this profession where it belongs. You probably think that when You later turn for a B737 job to some westerly Airline, You will make profit of working cheaply over here, but You do not see how are You worsening position of all other fellow collegues, that have to comply to this gladiator like conditions to which You have agreed for. Now other pilots working there for already miserable salaries, have to comply to the 1K or " I will fly for food only" conditions that You have created there for the others . And now it is already " run out for life situation" getting terible and impossible. As a result, You will bring to this unhappy industry unforseenable
deteriorating conditions which will as well affect You negatively in a near future too
Man chill, he just asked if there are any opportunity for low hour pilots.

bianchi
4th Dec 2016, 12:22
Greetings all,

Does anyone know what the working conditions ( monthly hours and expected renumeration is for a B737NG Capt is with TVS )?

Reveal1
4th Dec 2016, 14:50
Bianchi,
this summer we did some flight for TVS and met some of the crew and unfortunately dealt with their Operation!
Well...they fly a lot, max hours per month , Operationally speaking they lack of organization.
About Salary what I heard is standard EST badget, so low! I heard Captain taking home from 3-4K montly !

bianchi
6th Dec 2016, 18:45
Thank you for the info, 3-4K Euros , that is an insult.

Reveal1
8th Dec 2016, 20:07
that's indeed the bitter true!

Wondrex
5th Jan 2019, 20:27
Hello guys,
I relive this thread to ask you guys something about Travel Service. I read on their website they're screening candidates during middle of January 2019.
Do you guys know more about these screenings? Does anyone of you already received an invitation for these screening?
Thank you!
Cheers

pilotsaad
6th Jan 2019, 16:44
Hello guys,
I relive this thread to ask you guys something about Travel Service. I read on their website they're screening candidates during middle of January 2019.
Do you guys know more about these screenings? Does anyone of you already received an invitation for these screening?
Thank you!
Cheers

Hi There! I received an email that Travel service has a slot with the assessment .

I got the mail in the middle of Nov and Contractair said to me the company is coming to send an update about the new assessment appointment ..

Wondrex
6th Jan 2019, 17:50
Hi There! I received an email that Travel service has a slot with the assessment .

I got the mail in the middle of Nov and Contractair said to me the company is coming to send an update about the new assessment appointment ..

Hi! Thank you for your reply! Was it a mail from Travel Service ? And was it a mail to invite you for their assessment in January ?

Cheers!

Airone2977
7th Jan 2019, 08:19
Hey there

I am about to start my TR with Travel Service end of the week, so I'll try to answer the question.
I didn't know they work with contractair, but it seems they only call 737TR candidates for the assessment.
They are straight forward and answer very quickly so If you don't get any news from them, it isn't probably good news for you.
the last TR course is scheduled for February , I don't know if there any spot left.
As far as I know, no other selections is scheduled for 2019.

pilotsaad
7th Jan 2019, 09:00
Hi! Thank you for your reply! Was it a mail from Travel Service ? And was it a mail to invite you for their assessment in January ?

Cheers!

Hi! No, I got the mail from the recruit. I think this position does not exist anymore due they have had many applications of experienced pilots from Small plane.

P40Warhawk
7th Jan 2019, 21:16
Hi! No, I got the mail from the recruit. I think this position does not exist anymore due they have had many applications of experienced pilots from Small plane.

I got rejection because I had no 1000 hours on Type. Sadly. I would have been open to move to TS. They have a really interesting operation.

Banana Joe
22nd Jan 2019, 15:26
Eh? You have to pay 300 euro to take part in the screening? Like Ryanair?

Banana Joe
22nd Jan 2019, 17:18
Well, thanks for letting me know. I was looking at them as an option to fly more hours per year but I am not willing to pay for an assessment. I did it once for another well known operator and that is enough.

Airone2977
22nd Jan 2019, 19:38
Yup, for the compass and the sim. I went through a lot of screenings but I wouldn’t imagine this still happens in 2019. I mean it’s not necessary that they pay a business class ticket and a hotel like in the sand pit, but 50:50 sharing of the costs would be fair...

Always easy to critize without knowing what you are talking about. They provide hotac and stby ticket on request.
Afterward the TR is bonded, local contract from day 1 of training, heath insurance, pension scheme, paid uniform and very good T&C's.

Another well known airline, make you pay 400E for assesment and then everything including water on the flight deck, but it is still the best experience a young pilot can have.

Realy pathetic ...

Banana Joe
22nd Jan 2019, 21:44
Always easy to critize without knowing what you are talking about. They provide hotac and stby ticket on request.
Afterward the TR is bonded, local contract from day 1 of training, heath insurance, pension scheme, paid uniform and very good T&C's.

Another well known airline, make you pay 400E for assesment and then everything including water on the flight deck, but it is still the best experience a young pilot can have.

Realy pathetic ...
With my current employer, I benefit from local contract with expatraite status fiscal regime, a few insurances, pension scheme, everything paid and catered for by them and with a very good salary too. Did not pay for the assessment. And my employer isn't the only one not asking candidates to pay.

In Czech Republic you can find some good hotac and low cost flights and it would cost less than 300 euro.

Banana Joe
22nd Jan 2019, 21:46
Turkish Airlines provide tickets and hotac and don't ask for a dime.

flydog
5th Feb 2019, 19:16
Does anyone know how and when they tell you know the results of the assessment?

thanks

Airone2977
6th Feb 2019, 09:52
Results comes by email usually two to 3 days after the end of the selection

Gnoe
25th Feb 2019, 17:45
Does TS really pay so poorly?

duncanidaho50
17th Aug 2019, 10:37
Hi guys,

Anyone has information for me. If I were to join as a FO with good experience 4500+ 2000 jet,
​​​​​but no time on 737. What's the current wait for PIC with TS?

Also, let's say you are based in Canary islands, are you doing schedule flights from here or you are doing ACMI, how long is the time away on this ACMI contracts?

Thanks

Consol
25th Aug 2019, 11:05
Really guys, do you think you'll become a skilled, professional pilot with this outfit?

Incident: Smartwings B738 over Aegean Sea on Aug 22nd 2019, engine shut down in flight, aircraft continued to Prague (http://avherald.com/h?article=4cbe8434&opt=512

Really guys, do you think you'll become a skilled professional pilot in this outfit?)

kitenation
25th Aug 2019, 20:53
Hi guys,

Anyone has information for me. If I were to join as a FO with good experience 4500+ 2000 jet,
​​​​​but no time on 737. What's the current wait for PIC with TS?

Also, let's say you are based in Canary islands, are you doing schedule flights from here or you are doing ACMI, how long is the time away on this ACMI contracts?

Thanks

With that many hours you can expect fast upgrade, I believe you will need 500+ h on 737 to apply for upgrade. Upgrades are every year and number depends on base.

I dont thing TS is recruiting currently for the Canaries, ACMI is usually 2 - 4 weeks, there are contracts 3 - 6 months but you should not be forced to do that and the conditions for this are quite good so there are a lot of volounteers.

duncanidaho50
26th Aug 2019, 14:57
Thanks so much for the info ;D

todisflying
1st Sep 2019, 13:42
is it easy to pass the assessment? i heard the compass test is quite difficult..

kitenation
2nd Sep 2019, 07:00
I would say that this was the most difficult and complex assesment i've been to. Still, doable.

FoxtrotGolfFoxtrot
2nd Sep 2019, 19:32
I would say that this was the most difficult and complex assesment i've been to. Still, doable.

why was it so difficult ?

kitenation
3rd Sep 2019, 09:48
Well,

It was very complex (~8 h over 2-3 days), composing of:
1. Sim assesment (if not 737 TR it was on FB ATR72, which is nasty and nobody like flying it + you have no place to practice unless you are ATR TR),
2. 4 hours of compas tests (all kiind of agility, memory, eye-foot-hand coordination, etc. + ATPL test),
3. separate ATPL test (nothing really special - like EASA ones),
4. written english (nothing special),
5. oral english (very detailed and focussed both on general english and aviation english - acft parts, atc comms, medical, etc.),
6. 45 minutes interview oriented only on FP (notam, snowtam + case where you receive 3 pages of notams, another 3 of wheather info, EDT and you must decide whether you can fly or not, how many alternates and why, etc.),
7. 45 minutes Jeppesen interview - very detailed - all kind of charts & maps + they check your knowledge of airway manual (i.e. "you fly from PRG to BTS, your TCAS is inop. where will you find info if you can go", or they show you VOLMET on low IFR chart and ask you to find what is broadcasted on this particular one). Its not much a deal for somebody experienced in airline flying especially if using JeppView but for caddets is quire complicated (90% of the questions asked were about things not even present in training airway manual),
8. group assesment with psychologist (nothing really special),
9. indywidual assesment with psychologist.

Regards,

rickymicky
23rd Sep 2019, 12:19
Will Travel Service be the next one for bankruptcy? I heard many pilots don't even fly that much depending the season