PDA

View Full Version : S-76 C++ Training

EN48
18th Oct 2013, 01:10
I will be doing the S-76 C++ Initial course at CAE Simuflite in NJ in a few months and am preparing for this by reviewing Sikorsky and Flight Safety manuals, some of which were provided by members of this forum. One thing that seems to be missing from the hundreds of pages I have reviewed to date is information on the navigation systems typical in the C++, and in particular, in the CAE simulator. I am guessing that this is operator dependent and varies a bit from aircraft to aircraft. Some of the photos I have seen so far show a Garmin 500 series GPS ( I am guessing as a back up) and what appears to be a Universal UNS 1 FMS of some type. Anyone here know what I should expect in this regard at CAE? :confused: Any other guidance on surviving this training much appreciated. Its already clear that this will be like drinking from a fire hose!

ramos
18th Oct 2013, 07:38
Ask your operator what they use. The system generally varies from company to company. As do the radios.

This should be the least of your worries, they are all easy to use after some exposure.

Enjoy the course!

Ramos

902Jon
18th Oct 2013, 15:14
I will be doing the S-76 C++ Initial course at CAE Simuflite in NJ

Just for info - the CAE sim at Morristown is a C+ model. You do a differences course on the aircraft afterwards.

Is your course for EASA/JAA licence?

A109drvr
19th Oct 2013, 02:02
I teach there part-time. The simulator has a Garmin 530 and a UNS-1D, it is just a button push in the back to determine which one is active. We can teach you whichever is relevant to your company or both of them, whatever you want.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I will make sure you get what you need!

helimutt
19th Oct 2013, 13:56
I just finished my LPC in the sim last night at CAE NJ. The Garmin is the main nav system used in the 76C+/++ these days from what ive experienced.
Unfortuately the sim does have a few gremlins.
EN48, PM me a email address and i'll give you more info from a customer point of view.

also, Thanks to all the instructors at CAE. Great bunch of guys there, and the front desk staff are great too.

ps don't forget the free afternoon warm cookies when youre there. :ok: