PDA

View Full Version : Log book entries.

lambchop
2nd Feb 2002, 01:08
My log book (Poooleys JAR FCL) gives options for entries for PIC. SPIC 'student pilot in command' or PICUS 'pilot in command under supervision'. When can I use these headings? If I were training for a tailwheel conversion or a multi eng rating would/could they be PICUS, SPIC or whatever?

twistedenginestarter
2nd Feb 2002, 01:15
I don't think so. P1 Under supervision would apply to your tests if you passed, and to any subsequent (successful) check rides.

KitKatPacificuk
2nd Feb 2002, 13:14
Lambchop. .PICUS or P1S can be used when having a check ride, ie, a flying school check before you hire an aircraft. You already have the rating, but are being checked out by an instructor. In these circumstances the Instructors name goes in the as Captain but you get the time as in Command.. .SPIC this is used when doing your Commercial flight training, when a certain amount of the flying can be done with an instructor on board. If the instructor is happy that he had no part to play in the flight then the student can log it as SPIC. .When you are training for additional ratings, such as Multi or IMC, this must be logged as P/ut, because you don't actually have that rating yet. Once you have the rating and do some practice with an Instructor then it can go in as PICUS.. .Hope this helps!

Delta Wun-Wun
2nd Feb 2002, 15:49
So which column does PIS go in Solo or Dual?

Stan Evil
2nd Feb 2002, 22:40
KitKat you are not correct. The only tests on which you can claim PICUS or SPIC are successful tests for the issue/revalidation of a rating with an Examiner ie PPL Skill Test, Licensing Proficiency Check etc. If a club instructor checks you out on an aircraft it is PUT. See the GID on the CAA's web site. If you're checked out by a non-FI then only one of you can claim any flying at all.

[ 02 February 2002: Message edited by: Stan Evil ]</p>