PDA

View Full Version : sky demon on iphone at last!

Pilot.Lyons
16th Oct 2013, 19:11
Hi all

Thought id share the news that sky demon is now available on the iPhone! Happy days :)

Thank you sky demon

(Forgive me if its common knowledge but i have only just found out)

manix-cs
16th Oct 2013, 21:06
Not feeling too overwhelmed by this news as I've been running SkyDemon on my phones for the last 3 years :)

Pilot.Lyons
17th Oct 2013, 05:27
Ahh android... Thats why i didnt understand why the iphone couldn't have it.

As it happens i have had a play and don't think ill use it on phone as much anyway. The detail area is quite small and when i pan out the detail disappears.

Not to mention my battery died on the return leg of a 1hr 40 flight on iPhone (using anp) theres no charger socket in the planes i rent. iPad lasts longer, much longer and detail is larger

Good idea anyway

manix-cs
17th Oct 2013, 07:04
For me the phone is a back up, I normally use either my iPad or an Asus phonepad (about the same size as an iPad mini) in the cockpit.

Pilot.Lyons
17th Oct 2013, 14:37
Yes mine is too i have the ipad 2 with gns and i run sky demon on it.

I had the iphone as a back up but kept them both running to see how good they were but iphone died (back up should not be used until needed i know ) :)

ggargan
18th Oct 2013, 16:52
Any feedback on how it runs on iPhone 4?

wrecker
18th Oct 2013, 18:49
I have just tried it on a 4s running IOS6. The first load did not work so erased it and reloaded it and it works fine but heavy on battery usage.

Monocock
20th Oct 2013, 19:01
In fairness to SD, any GPS software run on an iPhone drains the battery pretty quickly.