PDA

View Full Version : Freelance Flight Attendants

Tequilaboy
14th Oct 2013, 12:55
Hi Guys,

Hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction here.

We had an issue over the weekend where one of the aircraft owners made some pretty heavy changes to their schedule and our permanent member of staff had to return unavoidably to the UK for existing commitments. Luckily we were able to cover this through one of her contacts however what is normally the best way to cover such eventualities?

Are there agencies or the like to assist or is it a search on linked in etc and chance it?

Any input appreciated.

With thanks

TB

Sop_Monkey
14th Oct 2013, 13:14
You could try TAG. Jet Aviation or any outfit like that, near you. I'm sure they would hire one out to you and aircraft specific.

Tray Surfer
14th Oct 2013, 13:42
Having spent the last 18 months or so looking into a change from commercial to private/corporate flying, it would appear that in terms of freelance crew, for the cabin, it seems to be word of mouth and places like, as mentioned, Linkedin etc... I subscribe to several of the Corporate/Private FA groups/networks on there and it seems a common place. There is currently one person looking for a freelancer for a month of work on the G450/550 around Europe, but UK based.

So, maybe build up some connections on there you may be able to call upon?

KirkyMS
15th Oct 2013, 07:14
Get in touch with Jet Aviation ZRH - they have plenty of freelance FA´s who always look for some extra flight hours

Tequilaboy
15th Oct 2013, 08:43
Thanks to those whom have replied and PM'd.

Seems like all roads lead to the same places. Will also begin to build up a register of contacts with the crews downroute also as you never know when things could be longer term or permanent.

Thanks again.

Elvis26
20th Oct 2013, 16:06
Hey Tequila boy,
I tried to PM some contacts but your email setup says you're not allowed or set up your email not to receive any PMs.
If you are still looking for some info or contact, pls PM me.
Cheers,
E.

Sop_Monkey
20th Oct 2013, 16:25
He's been banned darling.

Advertising I would guess. :}