PDA

View Full Version : Boeing safety digest

Leslie
13th Oct 2013, 05:50
Hi all,
Does anyone know if Boeing write a monthly or so incident list/review for events relating to the jets? With particular interest in classic 737s but I am after what is basically a database of high energy approach, scraped tail, decompression, etc from worldwide 737 operators.
I am assuming that the manufacturer has to be informed and push the information out to operators.
If this sort of thing is already sent to operators, tell me and I can try and track down who, in my company, is getting the data.

lomapaseo
13th Oct 2013, 15:36
I am assuming that the manufacturer has to be informed and push the information out to operators.

Not a good assumption.

First the operator has to report the incident or finding to a Boeing. Not all incidents/findings are reported

- some are reported because the operator wants some advice
- some are reported because the regulator requires a report.

Manufacturer then

reports some to the regulator as they affect the airworthiness

collects sufficient reports and analysis to advise the operator and/or
update service bulletins and provide corrective actions.

For major recurring problems the manufacturer may provide briefings
with de-identified operator data to all its customers

Examples like the ones you have suggested would probably only be "pushed" back out to the operator in an industry wide safety briefing spread out over multiple years of data.

Check with your manufacturing rep for the last publication date

Ian W
13th Oct 2013, 18:10
It's not quite the same thing but you may want to look at NASA ASRS database ASRS Database Online - Aviation Safety Reporting System (http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov/search/database.html)

For those that don't know:
"PurposeThe ASRS collects, analyzes, and responds to voluntarily submitted aviation safety incident reports in order to lessen the likelihood of aviation accidents.
ASRS data are used to:

Identify deficiencies and discrepancies in the National Aviation System (NAS) so that these can be remedied by appropriate authorities.
Support policy formulation and planning for, and improvements to, the NAS.
Strengthen the foundation of aviation human factors safety research. This is particularly important since it is generally conceded that over two-thirds of all aviation accidents and incidents have their roots in human performance errors."

It is somewhat scary reading through the database or searching for issues. However, to some extent the reports on the ASRS are unvarnished so may be more useful for what you are looking for. No guarantees on completeness though.

Leslie
13th Oct 2013, 19:25
Cheers guys,
I'll look at the NASA site when available...currently:

UNAVAILABLE

The Database Online system is currently disabled due to a lapse in government funding.

Intruder
13th Oct 2013, 19:49
Is this what you're looking for?
AERO Magazine (http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine)

Leslie
14th Oct 2013, 08:10
No, aero magazine is quite general and discusses a few topics but I am looking for essentially a list of events and a brief summary of cause and lessons that I can filter and feed on to the troops on the line. I have just found the airbus equivalent to aero and it seems better.

Leslie
16th Oct 2013, 14:30
Thanks for all the inputs...seems there is nothing out there yet.
Sorry if there appeared to be contradictions in my post. I hoped commas would have differentiated my examples of typical events. What is was after was, for example:
August 2013, b737-300, skg/16, high energy approach leading to runway excursion.....a few facts and figures but all deidentified.
August 2013, b737-800, iah, rto, spurious engine indication, low speed

Anyhow...