PDA

View Full Version : 7 exams passed how fill in form with 9 spaces

8cb1
11th Oct 2013, 23:19
Hi All,

I completed my PPL (A) skills test at the end of September 2013 -YAY. Prior to taking the skills test I completed the 7 exams required under the old exam system and my practical RT exam (These were all completed within an 18 month time period prior to the 01.09.13 exam date change). However, in order to apply for my license I need to complete a CAA form which has 9 slots for passed exams and whose names do not match the exams that I have sat and passed. I have signatures on the form from my RT practical assessor and my skills test examiner so I can't simply get another form and there doesn't seem to be another form available. I really want to get my license and get flying asap. I've asked at my flying school and they are not sure and I have tried the CAA website to no avail. All help very much appreciated. Also how much is the cost of a courier service for the license and how can I arrange to personally collect the license from Gatwick?

gorter
11th Oct 2013, 23:34
The next option is call the CAA. Honestly they do want to help and you will get the only definitive answer as compared to conjecture on this site.

JAKL
12th Oct 2013, 10:23
The theoretical knowledge exam examiner, who ever you sat the exams with, should fill in page 4 of the form (SRG1105 A) with the results taken from your exam answer sheets, he can leave the 'principals of flight' and 'operational procedures' spaces blank and just fill in the seven spaces for the exams you have done. He can fill in and sign off a separate page 4 of a license application form or the same license application your flight school has used. The CAA will happily accept forms filled in in such a manner, when sent together with all other relevant documents, for the length of time that the exam passes remain valid. Your school CFI or head of training should know this and be able to assist you with your application.
Hope this helps.

RTN11
12th Oct 2013, 17:08
who ever you sat the exams with, should fill in page 4 of the form (SRG1105 A) with the results taken from your exam answer sheets, he can leave the 'principals of flight' and 'operational procedures' spaces blank and just fill in the seven spaces for the exams you have done

Sound advice indeed, however I've found that historically the CAA don't like blank spaces on forms, so I'd be sure to put N/A in the two exams you haven't sat, to be clear that you haven't just missed them off the form. Otherwise you risk someone reading from a check list rejecting the paperwork early on in it's assessment.

There will be plenty of people in this situation, so I'm sure they will process it without problem.

Whopity
12th Oct 2013, 19:55
You could have taken your exams in a different State and they could have any number of papers from one to nine!
The examiner should have signed off the exams as you completed them and the form available at the time would have had 7 slots.

JAKL
13th Oct 2013, 17:52
If you are concerned because your exam results and or R/T practical is on an old style form don't be, the CAA will accept the old form as long as it was correctly filled in and the ground examiner signed it, just send it together with the new style form, on which your school has filled the flight time details. The old style form will also be acceptable for the period of validity of any ground exams passed before 1st September.

JDA2012
13th Oct 2013, 20:29
I cannot refer to my form as it was sent off and the licence issued some months ago, but as I recall the two exams which have effectively been split into two were entered in both appropriate spaces on the form, i.e. nine entries with two being duplicates.I am not absolutely certain on this since, as already pointed out should be the case, the school filled out this section of the form rather than me doing it myself.

riverrock83
14th Oct 2013, 00:45
I believe that the CAA reference the paper numbers to check.
However on my form, the Chief instructor filled in for Principles of Flight "See Aircraft General Exam Paper" and on Operational Procedures he filled in "See Air Law Paper"

As long as you've done the right exams - the CAA seem happy enough. But as others have said - the school filled mine out.

8cb1
23rd Oct 2013, 23:17
Hi,

Many thanks for all your replies. My form has now been sent for the CAA now just need to wait for the License and then resist the urge to cut it up to fit in the plastic wallet. Then it will be time to get out there flying... It is going to be so fun.