PDA

View Full Version : Training in the UK vs Canada

Jsd
9th Oct 2013, 21:04
Hi all

I am currently completing my ppl in the UK and want to progress to a commercial licence.

I hold dual citizenship with UK and Canada and im not sure where the best place would be to commence commercial training. Essentially im after some insight and pro's + Con's of holding either licence. I have read a little in the canada section of the forum but most issues revolve around the right to work there, which isnt an issue for me. Wikipedia is fairly vague when it comes to licencing info too.

So far i gather training in the uk is more expensive, but this would allow for job prospects in europe as well? whereas a CA licence would presumably only let me work out of CA?

Does anyone know how the job prospects compare between EU and CA?

Im aware CA does not have 'frozen atpl' so what is their equivalent? And how does the standard of training compare to the UK?

Any help greatly appreciated

paco
10th Oct 2013, 08:55
The Canadian process is much more straightforward whereas the EASA process is somewhat of an international joke. Only if you wish to work in Europe would I advise you to go through the nonsense. That aid, there may be more job prospects in Europe, who knows? But you can use a Canadian licence to get other ones - did that myself in the UAE.