PDA

View Full Version : What's up with G-TUIA - Thomson's first 787 ?

peterhr
8th Oct 2013, 18:41
Anyone know what's up with G-TUIA - Thomson's first 787 ?

It flew from CUN to EMA on the 3rd, hung around till noon a bit then flew slowly to STN - and hasn't left (according to FR24)

Mr @ Spotty M
8th Oct 2013, 20:02
Its having the rear crew rest area fitted.

TURIN
8th Oct 2013, 20:07
Anyone know what's up with G-TUIA - Thomson's first 787 ?

It flew from CUN to EMA on the 3rd, hung around till noon a bit then flew slowly to STN - and hasn't left (according to FR24)

Is it this one?

Post no. 59 here...LOT 787 Grounded... (http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/524149-lot-b787-grounded-over-missing-parts-3.html)

Anyone know why the 787 parked up at EMA today had someone in a very tall "cherry picker" paying very close attention to the fin/rudder? Was this merely a very conscientious pilot doing his pre-flight inspection? I doubt it.

Burnie5204
8th Oct 2013, 23:20
TUIA wasnt the first - TUIC was.

Anyway - TUIA flew into EMA from Orlando then went tech with avionics related rudder control problems. TUIB flew in at lunchtime from GLA to operate the CUN sectors.

TUIA then stayed AOG at EMA until the middle of the night when it flew into STN to use hangar facilities there

whatdoesthisbuttondo
9th Oct 2013, 06:48
Facts.

G-TUIA was the first TOM 787 then B,C,D. It's at STN getting the crew rest area fitted which takes a few days. The other TOM 787s will be doing the same over October.

Burnie5204
9th Oct 2013, 14:55
It seems we were both correct, but I was also wrong at the same time

TUIC was used for the UK base visits for ground handling and site acceptance at EMA and GLA prior to commercial operations and also operated the first TOM Dreamliner longhaul flight from GLA (which was the data from where I derived my statement that TUIC was first)

TUIA was delivered first and used for crew training (along with TUIB) and operated the shorthaul training sectors

*IGNORE* EITHER WAY the relevant points for this thread - TUIA flew SFB-EMA, went tech AOG at EMA with avionics related rudder problems, spent the day at EMA in the hands of the engineers (with TUIB shuttling in from GLA to operate the CUN flights) before shuttling out late at night which, from this thread, transpires to be to STN for Hangarage & for rest areas

EDIT: AAARRRGGGHHH, it's not going well for me today. I just cross checked the dates above and realised that I got my regs the wrong way round because my work duties changed at short notice and had to swap from one set of duties to the other mid-shift.

TUIB did the SFB before going tech at EMA on the 2nd before ferrying out late at night.
TUIA took over for the CUN sectors before returning late to EMA (knock on from the previous day) on the 3rd and then ferried out to STN which, from the posts above, is for the rear rest areas (though that does lead me to wonder why these werent done in Seattle whilst the aircraft were still with Boeing)