PDA

View Full Version : Air Republiq Airlines Job Offer? Legit or Not?

P40Warhawk
8th Oct 2013, 09:25
I Applied for an FO job yesterday for this company, not knowing that you have to pay for own training. Since people who know me know I am totally not a fan of paying for own training i'd rather not go for it, but I am curious.
Does anyone know this airline : Air Republiq Airlines in Philipines? And know something about their practices? 22K Euro for TR on J41 , 1 yr contract renewable, fly between 40-60 hrs a month and earn around 26 euro per hour after training.

Especially in that corner of the world there are a lot of SCAM programs :ugh: . So does anyone know this TR program?

Myself I am not desperate , since I graduated from flight training only a month ago, but he , as said, I am curious what people know and think.

G-F0RC3
8th Oct 2013, 11:22
It would seem strange to me that they'd offer you a job without having to attend any kind of selection process or interview? Unless you've missed those details out? However, I don't know how it all works in that part of the world, so not sure if that's normal or not.

Torque Tonight
8th Oct 2013, 13:12
Can't say if it's legit or not (and many are not) but assuming it's legit it's still a pretty crappy deal.

Crunch some of the numbers given above, taking into account realistic expenses of living a frugal lifestyle in a foreign country. (If you have ATPL debts as well, you probably won't even be able to service the debt so you're just getting deeper in the hole.) It will take you several years to break even on this deal, after which time you have a fairly useless TR and you're earning peanuts. Chances are you'll get the boot after one year in favour of the next guy with 22K burning a hole in his pocket (otherwise why the one year renewable contract) and you'll be even further out of pocket. Take a year out and go surfing instead, and you'll still be better off than this deal. Alternatively get a qualification that is in demand and earns good money: learn to rod out drains.

(A) If you don't expect to come away with more money than you started with then it's not a job.
(B) If you don't expect to come away with a qualification that will directly increase the chances of job, as defined by (A), happening in the imminent future then it's not career development and it's not training.
(C) If (A) and (B) are both true, it is probably best considered a hobby, for people who can afford expensive pastimes.

With the details given above, I think we're looking at (C) here.

b737air
8th Oct 2013, 13:33
Received the same offer P40. Scam or not I do't have the money for the TR. Anyway, if I had it, I wouldn't go forward with this offer. Sounds pretty fishy. Good luck.

thkib
8th Oct 2013, 14:42
Something smells really funny about the deal on offer, I got the offer myself written in bad english (mine is not perfect either wtiting on forums) within hours of applying in an almost an autoreplay manner starting with "dear captain", not even writing my name out.

As I realised while reading the offer that its p2p, I knew that this was nothing for me. But I was curious like yourself, as this also looked like the first scam-attempt I have received as a pilot applying for a job.

There is close to no info on the airline on the net but after a while I found out that the Air R is supposedly a new wing of another small Philipino operator, the contract on offer is through a company from India. So thats the parties involved.
The fact that they can kick you out up until you have payd well over half the total sum, thats while processing your documents, doesnt sound good. Smells of scam.

Ok it might not be a scam but its p2p and thats no go as you agree to yourself.

Instruct, instruct ,instruct ,instruct and instruct a bit more and before you know it someone will hire you as a paid F/O on a j41 or similar size aircraft, maybe even a bigger machine.

Good luck in the search for your first job!

P40Warhawk
8th Oct 2013, 14:43
Thank you guys for the answers.
Well as said I am actually against P2F programs, since it brings down or T&C's.

Sorry guys for not giving enough info.
Also you have to send documents etc, and Pay 5000 Dollars. Even before you get there. No selection procedure as it seems.

And even if I had money, I would not do it.
I just don't have any money for any Program. And I am not willing to pay.

Torque Tonight
8th Oct 2013, 15:17
Also you have to send documents etc, and Pay 5000 Dollars. Even before you get there. No selection procedure as it seems.

And there's your red flag. 5000 bucks, for what exactly? Steer clear.

Maybe I should set up an airline. No aircraft, just charge a 5K application fee. Simples.

P40Warhawk
9th Oct 2013, 08:30
Indeed Torque.

You should have really or to much money, to little brain , or being extremely desperate. :ugh:. No seriously, it is to stupid. Indeed. 5K for what?

Three.Green
9th Oct 2013, 11:07
I called up the number on their website. Spoke to some lady who didnt fully understand for whom she was working for. Eventually she played along and gave me a number for Capt Ramil Rivera the Chief Pilot. I then called him and he seemed like a friendly person and said they have an interview coming up on the 17th and that there is a 3000USD refundable fee in case you fail. He said there are only 4 slots remaining and they require a interview fee to confirm the candidates slot. I asked if a skype interview was possible and he said it may be possible but he can almost always tell if the candidate is good enough just by their resume. I'm no expert on scams or whatever but I was unable to find any info on the airline except that it is a subsidiary of Chief Pilots other airline some South Phoenix Airlines also in the Philippines.

Scam or no scam.... I dont know. I just thought I'd share my experience.

Fly-Boi-1992
9th Oct 2013, 11:30
Anyone have a link to the site? Purely out of curiousity.

Three.Green
9th Oct 2013, 12:58
Air Republiq Airlines Inc. - Bridging People ... Bridging Lives. (http://www.airrepubliqairlines.com/)

P40Warhawk
9th Oct 2013, 14:09
Thank you again TG. Your info is more then welcome.

And it all seems total scam. The fact that you have to pay upfront is a dark red flag. :ugh:. If more people have experience with this company. Please share.

schweizer2
9th Oct 2013, 15:16
@P40Warhawk,

I have seen you post in numerous threads where you say you have absolutely no interest in P2F, especially because you cannot afford it and what it does to the T&C in aviation.

Saying this, why an earth pay interest into a company you believe is a scam, ask for more information and start a thread on what could possibly be another P2F scheme? Are you sure you are not just hunting for the best of the worst companies to join?

P40Warhawk
10th Oct 2013, 15:42
No I just want to find info about it to warn others. Just shine a light on it, since I did not find a warning thread about this company, so that others will be warned. Now this thread you could find via Google search. And more people know that you should avoid ARA.

Hell no , I am not interested in this.

Bealzebub
10th Oct 2013, 17:26
The management team have names and pictures of cartoon characters with blanked out faces! My limited knowledge of the Philippine aviation scene is that there are plenty of indigenous flying schools and a large population base, as well as a motivated and low cost labour force. Which rather begs the question why they would be seeking to "recruit" very inexperienced pilots from nearly half way around the globe for "stepping stone" vacancies.

Lots of red flags! I would treat it much the same as any other unsolicited advert', e-mail, or pop-up. You are an adult.....They are selling something......caveat emptor!

RAeNO
12th Oct 2013, 07:16
Ok I got the same offer and I called up and talked to the landline number posted in their website. You don't have to pay upfront you can pay them after reaching manila and visiting their office you just need to pay a security deposit of 3000usd at the time of interview and attend the interview they will refun the amount if i dont clear. I asked them if i can tour their hangar and look at their aircraft in Manila before I decide and they were ok with it. Contract is for an year and is renewable.

ClintonBaptiste
12th Oct 2013, 08:54
Definite scam! Just read the about us section.

A 60 seater turbo prop aircraft - how many seats does the J41 have? Certainly not 60!

Three.Green
12th Oct 2013, 13:59
During my conversation with chief pilot ramil, i asked if we can have a skype interview. I got a reply back today saying skype interview is possible and i should follow the procedure outlined in the attachment. The attachment had NO info on skype interview LOL. Now i'mma just troll them for a bit.

bedix84
12th Oct 2013, 14:15
@P40Warhawk,

I have seen you post in numerous threads where you say you have absolutely no interest in P2F, especially because you cannot afford it and what it does to the T&C in aviation.

Saying this, why an earth pay interest into a company you believe is a scam, ask for more information and start a thread on what could possibly be another P2F scheme? Are you sure you are not just hunting for the best of the worst companies to join?

schweizer2 you get the point!!!
Good Remark!

P40Warhawk, we all appreciate that you want warn young inexperience pilots...but what you are still doing a lot, is receive more information from others here in PPrune about all the P2F program to choose the best one to suit your needs!!
Be a pilot..do your own research ....sometimes you know if one day you could fly an aircraft you could be the only one in the cockpit with an Incapacitated CPT...so far..what you would do??...you will ask cabin crew or pax??;)

schweizer2
12th Oct 2013, 16:35
Pilots who take on schemes like this should be black listed from any legacy/major/lo-co airline. Not only did you pay your way into the industry, which seems to be the norm now, your training must be so sub-standard that I would fear to be a passenger on a flight you operate.

Then again this is my personal opinion, obviously exceptions always exist and one may hit the jackpot but if you're that lucky why not just invest into the lottery?

I have just spent the last 6 months living off beans on toast and noodles and I've finally gotten a break into the industry, albeit not in a jet, I have my starting point and it's all upwards from now on.

If you feel ashamed of saying you fly a small single or multi-engine piston as a living to kick start your career, you are by no means an aviator or a person who truly is passionate about aviation.

Hard work will get you further and you'll earn the respect you deserve from your fellow aviators. Buy your way in and you'll always been looked down out.

Threads like this should not be allowed, you are simply inviting fellow ppruners to apply themselves, what next, a bidding war for p2f "jobs" on ebay?

schweizer2
12th Oct 2013, 18:56
Whoops for the second post but after being tired of seeing thread after thread on p2f on PPRuNe, I think its time that pilots work together and make the idiots who go for p2f pay the price.

We should all simply all recommend any p2f scams posted on this forum by users in an act to get them to throw their money away. Why?

-One less idiot on the waiting list for a proper job.
-One less idiot who will get a chance to joining a real airline.

If people cannot learn from the past... which appears to be the way things are going, why not just encourage them to throw their money away towards schemes they enquire about?

I have my reasons for wanting to join this profession and I have my targets, get your priorities right and one way or another things will work out for the best. I am also quite fortunate to know someone who works in recruitment for a rather well known airline and I have heard stories of him and his co-workers throwing CV's right into the bin after there is a mention of p2f on it, and rightly so!

Anyway rant over... must be those sickening beans getting to me!

P40Warhawk
13th Oct 2013, 18:09
Well that was my goal. To make a start of a list of these kind of programs.
P2F where no job is offered. No extended contract at the end and no salary.
Programs where basically the RED FLAGS are so obvious.

I don't say it is good, but for example if you have to pay for initial TR ( between 10-22K ) have to be paid by yourself, but Linecheck is done by airline and they offer you a proper salary, diems etc and atleast like a 3 year contract with improving income, then it is not as bad as just paying TR+Line training, and then you get kicked out, and you dont make any penny.

I am talking then about a list with companies like the mentioned ARA / MSD etc. And a whole lot more of these scams.
Just to warn people. Because those are ridiculous.

schweizer2
13th Oct 2013, 18:47
You still don't get it. Stop making threads such as this one and giving names out! A list is a terrible idea and will only spoon feed company names for lazy people to apply to.

EVERYONE knows p2f is terrible, one must be an adult to become an airline pilot and if you do not know the difference between a scam and a job then one may question how you managed to get through all the checks to get a licence in this first place!

schweizer2
13th Oct 2013, 20:33
No not everyone who is scammed is incompetent but there is definitely enough information out there for someone to simply research that these p2f fantastic deals with no interview and some amazing space shuttle flying time as pilot in command is a scam.

These companies have been scamming people for a number of years now, if you still haven't figured it out, where have you been??

Someday we'll see medical students paying companies 60 grand for a heart surgery rating from a company offering 500 unpaid operations to make sure they are employable by hospitals... sigh

P40Warhawk
14th Oct 2013, 08:16
That paying to work as a doctor is already the case here in Lithuania, for fresh graduates. :( .

And no, I know about most scam programs. So no I did not live in a cave .

armor89
15th Oct 2013, 04:41
This is a definite scam.i saw their place and so called 'hangar' before and they are trying their best to make it look like a hangar..they dont even have jetstream..they will show someone else j41 which belong to royal star aviation..their company profile is a copy paste of a new soon to build airline in the phil also and they said they hav ys-11 which cant even start..stay away frm this joke airline

P40Warhawk
15th Oct 2013, 07:59
Thank you Armor, for the confirmation. Highly appreciated :ok:.

kavesman
16th Oct 2013, 08:19
I always find amusing this kind of threads.

The drama of P2F seen by the experienced pilots.
The light at the end of the tunnel seen by the fresh-out-of-school pilots.

I just got rejected at even being called for tests at my national flag carrier. They ordered the candidate list according to age (21-35 allowed, I'm 34, younger pilots go first) and other factors. I finished my CPL 3 years ago and still found nothing.

P2F is bad but it's almost the same philosophy as having to pay thousands for a CPL without having to be tested from an airline beforehand.

We shouldn't complain too much about the pilot unemployment problem because ... we are the problem. There are simply too many people wanting to be a pilot. And allowing the selling of CPLs, Type Ratings, Jet Orientation Courses to private individuals only makes things worse because it gives them false hopes.

This is like a traffic jam.
"Don't complain if you choose to drive into the city and get stuck in traffic. You are traffic."

There are lots of demanding jobs out there. But being an airline pilot is a lot cooler. We all know that. We all know what's like being up there. That's why we try to do anything to get the job. Starting with paying for a CPL and ending paying for a P2F.

P40Warhawk
16th Oct 2013, 13:26
Well said Kavesman.

We should get paid to work. Not pay to work.

Three.Green
18th Oct 2013, 07:23
Anyone doing the skype interview with them today?

P40Warhawk
18th Oct 2013, 08:34
As long as you don't have to pay anything, then its alright. Good practice material :D .

Have fun.

Torque Tonight
18th Oct 2013, 11:43
The irony is that with the money flowing in that direction, you should be interviewing them. Not them interviewing you.

pit911ru
18th Oct 2013, 12:58
Hi everyone, I decided to not come out there as most of you I think(especially because of the weirdness of the security deposit that they required before the interview).
But I asked for a Skype one. Which I should have tomorrow or sunday.
Did you get the interview Three.Green?

Three.Green
18th Oct 2013, 16:52
@pit911ru nope it got cancelled today. Its gonna be rescheduled within 1-3 days. I'll let you know what happens or if anything happens.

pit911ru
18th Oct 2013, 17:51
Great thanks. I ll let you know too, they are gonna answer me tomorrow for the date of the interview, probably planned for sunday for my part.

Three.Green
22nd Oct 2013, 08:33
So since I hadn't heard from them in a while regarding the next skype interview I emailed them and they got back saying I wasn't short listed. Maybe the found out I was trolling them. Oh well

rwy
22nd Oct 2013, 17:03
Hey guys, i too got a reply from them few days back, since I could not find any info of the airline (not even pictures) i decided to come around here. I've been wondering if this is a scam or not. I shall be contacting them to find out more details. But I guess pretty much everything is said here.

Please keep the updates on the skype interviews guys. And thanks :ok: armor89 for advising about your visit over there, very very much appreciated reply.

@Torque Tonight, The irony is that with the money flowing in that direction, you should be interviewing them. Not them interviewing you.
That's so well said!!:D

pit911ru
22nd Oct 2013, 19:41
Same for me. I haven't heard anything from the time I replied them that I was ok for the Skype interview either saturday or sunday. I got no answer...

For your information, I tried to get some about them and I called Royal Star Aviation, which seems to store some planes of Air Republiq.
The guy told me that Air Rep has in fact one J41 in their hangar, with RPC 8298 registration. I checked for it and the plane is really based in Manila, but it is mentionned that it belongs to Royal Star Avia... Then I called Air Rep. and asked about their Jetstream 41, the guy couldn't give me the Chief Pilot Ramil by the way, but confirmed me that every J41 staying in the Royal Star Aviation belongs to Air Republiq. So they contradict themselves a bit. Personnaly I don't really trust them, and am confused with all of their business trip...

pfvspnf
23rd Oct 2013, 03:26
This outfit wants your cash. $30,000 USD for a type rating and employment? $3000 for an interview? For a company that doesn't fly all that often? Approach with caution.

Luke SkyToddler
23rd Oct 2013, 04:29
FFS it's not rocket science you muppets ... the Philippines is crawling with unemployed local pilots, and the country is the cheapest labour source on earth. The locals are generally good guys and good pilots as well.

There is only one possible reason why a Filipino operator would want to "interview" low time non-filipino pilots ... because they WANT YOUR MONEY.

Trent1000
24th Oct 2013, 15:47
Anybody there who already had the skype interview or were they just canceling the dates again?
If it worked out, would be nice if you could shed some light on this topic for the benefit of everyone who has been contacted by them.

usafly2a
26th Oct 2013, 22:27
Hi guys

I had the skype interview and today I received a mail saying that I ve passed and I have to go in manila to sign the agreements.

Anyone in the same case? Do you know if they only have one js41?

Three.Green
27th Oct 2013, 13:34
@usafly2a Let us know when you go there. Would love to get feedback on this company. Their receptionist was a bit confused on for whom she worked for when I last called LOL

Torque Tonight
27th Oct 2013, 17:58
I find it quite depressing that some people, having read this thread, having seen the warning signs and even having had the warning signs clearly pointed out to them, still pursue this nonsense.

I guess some people are just so desperate that they allow their judgement to be impaired to the point of stupidity. It is difficult to feel sympathy for willing victims. The best case outcome of this 'job' is bad, the most likely outcome is terrible, and yet still people chase it. It's actually sad. :ugh:

pit911ru
29th Oct 2013, 19:59
Yeah it's true, personnally I decided to totally forget about this "opportunitie". Giving 3'000 USD for some reason... to a company based in Philippines, you'll juste never see your money back!
But I understand people who tried at least the interview. For my part I ended my flying school for now 2 years and I have tried a lot of possibilities (and especially not Line Traning!) , so when you see this kind of job, located out there, it seems like a dream lol

pit911ru
30th Oct 2013, 09:43
Hey guys,

I make a copy and paste here from CAAP (Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines).
In fact, I have written to them in order to ask if Air Republiq and also ITI AI Aviation have officially got an AOC. Definitely we got the real truth:

Dear Applicants,

We have verified with our Flight Operations Department (FOD) the authenticity/legality of Air Republiq Airlines, and we are informed that they have not issued an Air Operator Certificate (AOC) to officially recognize AIR REPUBLIQ AIRLINES INC., and this goes true with ITI AI AVIATION, who have been asking money from their applicants.

Kind Regards,

Capt. Manuel Velasco III

Licensing Officer/Pilot Inspector

By the way the message was sent from " "Airmen Licensing (CAAP)" <[email protected]>"

Iflyabus
31st Oct 2013, 04:18
So it was just a scam.

Well I have been lucky. There are better opportunities in Asia.

RAeNO
31st Oct 2013, 20:20
Sorry for the delayed post was a bit busy.......so i got through the interview and signed the job offer which clearly stated that
there was no need to pay any money till i reach Manila and I thought this was nice since there was no risk I came here to Manila this Wednesday
was picked up at the airport by company personnel and was taken to my hotel which was arranged by the company to my surprise as I thought I would have to shell out the money for the hotel
so I went to my room took some rest freshened up and then was taken to the corporate office (which was surprisingly good because i was expecting to be taken to that hangar that was mentioned in some of the previous posts) where I met with the HR department officials and gave them my licenses and passport which they scanned and saved it and gave me a brief procedure
about my license conversion about the company and few other details. By then it was already evening and I went back to my room the HR guys gave me their personal number to call them up in case of emergency.

Next day I woke up in the afternoon and was said I will be piked up to take me to the head office for an appointment with the CEO. I was checking updates in pprune when i saw the post of . The earth under my feet literally slipped away and I immediately called the HR and asked them about the same. They told me that they are flying under
Certificate of another company named Cyclone Airways. But I dint believe them blindly and asked if there is any chance that I can see some documents regarding that. So again was picked up at my hotel 15 minutes later was in the corporate office and they showed me the Certificate of cyclone along with their agreement which authorizes air republiq to use the routes and certificates of cyclone.
Then they asked me why I had this doubt and I showed the the post in pprune and they said they would take me to CAAAP to find out the truth and I was taken there and met the same Capt. Manuel whose name was mentioned in the post personally and I asked him the details and he said it is very much possible to fly under different company's certificate as long as you have a contract with them. And he assured me also that cyclone airways has a valid and current certificate to operate flights.
All in all I am pretty ok with the experience with this company.

I couldn't meet the CEO since it was late with these things now just have to wait till Tuesday for things to reopen after holidays here till then need to enjoy Manila!!! Picture time!!!!

P.S: I now it might sound like I am praising this company or something but Im not......as said I dint meet the CEO or looked at the aircraft yet which I think should go pretty smoothly.

schweizer2
31st Oct 2013, 23:01
Sounds legit, an HR department that goes the extra mile and a CEO who meets all applicants :D :E

Luke SkyToddler
1st Nov 2013, 01:03
Wow this gets better and better, a newly registered poster whose only two posts on PPRUNE, is a couple of reassuring stories on this thread about his wonderfully pleasant experiences with this so called operator and how it doesn't appear to be a scam ... what an amaaazing coincidence ... NOT :mad:

Bealzebub
1st Nov 2013, 01:52
Sorry for the delayed post was a bit busy.......so i got through the interview and signed the job offer which clearly stated that
there was no need to pay any money till i reach Manila and I thought this was nice since there was no risk I came here to Manila this Wednesday

You flew from India to the Philippines last Wednesday, 30th October? :confused:

schweizer2
1st Nov 2013, 02:15
You poor scamners need to get more creative! :ugh::ugh::ugh:

Three.Green
1st Nov 2013, 08:46
So guys i've got some more info. Capt. Manindra Jai who is HR-Exernal Affairs and former flight crew as listed on their website happens to be a guy who worked with perfect aviators in Delhi which conducted ground classes for CPL. And that company duped me of 1000 USD. only couple of classes then it went bankrupt.

RAeNO
1st Nov 2013, 12:25
I came to this forum wen i searched for them in google i dint even know about this forum before.... I just wanted to post my experience but if it bothering u guys so much i would not mind if u complain to the moderator to block my account i dont care anymore coz i paid my frst payment [email protected] i went to mnla this 30th y was there a curfew that doesnt allow indians to go to manila on 30th nd dude wat world are u livin in 30th nov is 29 days away.....anyways i dont know abt capt manindra jai and all i just met him once so cant comment....i dint care if u think im scam or watever it is ur saying

No RYR for me
1st Nov 2013, 16:22
I couldn't meet the CEO

hahahaha

sorry can't stop laughing

hahahahaha

Isn't great when it has SCAM written all over it so clearly :D

Bealzebub
1st Nov 2013, 17:00
I came to this forum wen i searched for them in google i dint even know about this forum before.... I just wanted to post my experience but if it bothering u guys so much i would not mind if u complain to the moderator to block my account i dont care anymore coz i paid my frst payment [email protected] i went to mnla this 30th y was there a curfew that doesnt allow indians to go to manila on 30th nd dude wat world are u livin in 30th nov is 29 days away.....anyways i dont know abt capt manindra jai and all i just met him once so cant comment....i dint care if u think im scam or watever it is ur saying

Your English seems to have dissolved into some sort of "text" speak. Of course there is no reason why you shouldn't have travelled to The Philippines from India on the 30th October, and I am sorry you think that I was suggesting there was. It wasn't clear from your last post which "Wednesday" you were referring to, and that is why I asked. It is always possible you travelled out there on Wednesday 09th October before you first posted on the 12th. That would make your post a little contextually strange, but it would make more temporal sense.

The reason for asking the question at all, is because on the 12th October when you first posted, your internet address was in Manila Philippines? When you were in India? Curiously, when you posted yesterday the internet address (although different) was in exactly the same location. That is why I was a little confused.

I couldn't meet the CEO since it was late with these things now just have to wait till Tuesday for things to reopen after holidays here till then need to enjoy Manila!!! Picture time!!!!

Anyway, have a great weekend and I hope you get plenty of good pictures. It is always helpful when people have a complete picture.

RAeNO
1st Nov 2013, 20:44
@bealzebub why care if my english has taken some form or the other does it really matter on a forum what type of english i use???? I am in the Philippines for almost an year now just not in manila. I just go to Manila when I have some work that is why the company picked me up at the airport arranged a hotel for me and took me to and from because im unfamiliar with manila.....and the last frst post I put up was made from my friends place in almanza ..... the second was from SM city sucat and now this post is again from sucat where i got my condo now....dunno y u sy the addresses are same and honestly i dont care.....and if some one asks me why did i have to go thru skype interview well i was just lazy to go down to mnila i guess this answer will make you happy!!!! and dint want to spend money to go to manila unless im sure of getting the job offer and studying it......none of this matters anyway now as i said i dont care and i dont want to post anymore updates first time posting on a forum and ive already had enoof!! BYE!!! you guys can say wat you want but ive got the money so i already went for it

Bealzebub
1st Nov 2013, 21:36
why care if my english has taken some form or the other does it really matter on a forum what type of english i use???? Well, only because these are aviation forums, and whilst English isn't everyone's first language, communication is at the core of the subject. Actually, yours was rather good when you started off and were making a bit of an effort. It only started to unravel when....it started to unravel.

As you quite rightly say, "I've got the money, so I already went for it." I wish you the best of luck. As you have been living and working in the Philippines for almost a year, I can see why the travel and the work permit might not be an issue in your case.

schweizer2
1st Nov 2013, 22:17
And I thought trying to land that first pilot job was tough.... these scammers are having a hard time these days trying to land their first cash day...

pfvspnf
1st Nov 2013, 23:52
@Raeno

Are you flying now? Have you done your 'Type Rating'?

I think you should keep updating, all of us would like to hear more about your experience. Maybe more students can join this scheme...

Three.Green
3rd Nov 2013, 18:41
It all just seems so LEGIT after RAeNO has spoken to all of us :ok: hehe

addapilot
4th Nov 2013, 17:55
Wait... do they not have only one position as Jet Stream 41 First Officer ?

That is what I understood from the offer, so if RAeNO is taken, there is no need to go there to sign contract right ?

Three.Green
5th Nov 2013, 06:09
well when I called they said they needed 10 pilots.

addapilot
5th Nov 2013, 08:53
10 Pilot for one J41 ?

I am not defending them, but where will be the SCAM ?

They are not asking for money until you sign the contract...
This is not pay to fly (no self sponsored line training). The self sponsored Type Rating has already become a standard...

I am asking because I may be interested...

And I anticipate : yes my account has just been created, especially for this post.

flaps35
6th Nov 2013, 15:34
Hi guys,

They have send me a copy of the AOC certificate ,and the agreement with Cyclone Airways.
But I could not find any information about Cyclone Airways even them website.

pfvspnf
6th Nov 2013, 15:47
You guys must be real morons if you still think this scheme is legit, seriously how desperate are you ? A company that asks $3000 for an interview and dies not have its own AOC while the regulator has sent a note stating that you shouldn't pay .

Even if there are plans to start operations down the road you never know if they will be shut down, they will take your money and refuse to refund it !

Wake up !!

PM me if you want more details

usafly2a
6th Nov 2013, 18:59
Could you explain me how 10 first orfficer could fly between 40 and 60 hours a month with only 1 JS41?

Charlio
7th Nov 2013, 02:53
More or less 2 weeks ago i saw the job offer, i was bored and i felt nosey about that so I decided to apply and see what happens

3 days ago i took the interview throught skype. Wasn't really difficult, they ask you to intruduce yourself and to give some details about you aviation background, after that they ask you which aircraft have you been flying recently and some data from those airplanes, VS0, VS1, etc...
Yesterday I recieved an email,congratulating me for passing the interview,
and also containing the details of payment for the training.

I do not have much experience with that kind of stuff but looks like a fake,,,
In the pdf they explain that what are you going to take is a High performace aircraft rating for flying Jet stream 41, at no moment they mention anything about any type rating...well and some more things that makes me think they are trying to pull my leg...

If you want more details PM

pfvspnf
7th Nov 2013, 17:01
Did you have to pay for the skype interview ?

Iflyabus
8th Nov 2013, 06:56
Guys, you make me laugh. Aviation is an industry where you pay for everything. Do you think people have fun to conduct interview for free.? Nobody care of a 200hours pilot. There are so many flooding this market. If they can make some money from your nose, why not?

I remember a time when airlines invited us for computer test at 400$/test and of course every body failed. If you don't like it, sell socks at Walmart.... Walmart pay minimum wage but at least you get a job!

At the end, the one who will get the job is the one who spent his money to all these interviews. Maybe you could be lucky. I m sure you will meet a nice guy who will put you directly into his business jet because he think you are a nice guy:-)

So get ready to have lot of $ for interview and be ready to be turned down by most of them.

Or go British airways and see if they unroll a red carpet for you. Just get real guys... We are too many pilots, just too many....

Tru24
8th Nov 2013, 17:24
I did the interview via Skype as well and can just confirm what "Charlio" says, really basic.. And no I was not required to pay anything for the interview. Decided not to go through with it, I do not trust this program

addapilot
8th Nov 2013, 20:10
You don't have to pay for any interview, but the SCAM does not seem to be there...

I have been through all the process and last week they wanted me to go and sign the contract in Manilla.

Then after I had multiple conversations with them... and they have an answer to each of my concerns (AOC, Join Venture, CAAP, Number of applicants... Really !). The only thing they are refusing to give me is the real contract (they sent me an "agreement" that is far from being clear and detailed...) due to "company policy".

Today they told me that the recruitment for this year is finished, and that I can only applied next year. It does not matter because simultaneously I had a new mail from the CAAP Capt Velasco :

" The attached scanned copy of the Air Operator Certificate (AOC) may be legal, but upon close inspection/verification of the certificate they sent you, the document is not even signed by the named person (Capt. Benedict Dela Cruz), it is signed by an unnamed signature.

I have checked the regulations (PCARs) concerning franchising/sub-franchising of AOCs, and I have not found anywhere in the regulations authorizing any company to use the AOC of another company OPERATING UNDER A DIFFERENT NAME (even though they have a contract/agreement); this is UNAUTHORIZED.

To appease you with this concern, I have verified the list of authorized AOC holders and found no Air Republiq in the list, and furthermore this verification was corroborated by the Chief of Flight Operations Department (FOD), head of the office that issues and regulates AOC holders.

Thank you for your email. In the meantime, I shall consolidate all applicants' concerns and forward them to the proper authorities.

Regards,

Capt. Manuel Velasco III"

2 weeks of investigation finally lead to the light at the end of the tunnel for me.

Three.Green
9th Nov 2013, 13:22
@addapilot :D

addapilot
9th Nov 2013, 17:00
Mission accomplished :ok:

P40Warhawk
17th Nov 2013, 14:00
Found also one job on Piper Aztec > Airventure. Also scam I guess.
I do not trust the Philipines very much. So much scam there. Anyone experience with these guys?

flaps35
17th Nov 2013, 16:37
Hi Guys,

Could you give a look at the page of the Wikipedia due to the information about air-republiq.
There is a lot of information about the company.
That they have leased the J41 , and about their AOC.

Greetings :confused:

pfvspnf
18th Nov 2013, 03:10
Haha you do realize you can write whatever you want on Wikipedia , there isn't a single reference on the article. Go ahead and pay them !

flaps35
21st Nov 2013, 14:30
No sir I will not pay them I am not a dreamer.
By the way I have a better option with a real Airline in Pakistan.

greetings

marknoel747
23rd Dec 2013, 07:03
Dear All this is 100% scam and this company not flyng they recruited for pipernavago and queen air long bak frm many cpl holders paid 20000-25000USD and later no flying and no money refund this CEO and team started this cheating from many yrs.. they must be having money from many guys to give u accomadation for 1k or 2k for a week its not even the interest wht the money they received. even they can give u a fake agreement or appointment letter till u pay them they wll provide u all facility, after that nothing wont be there. so if any one aying for tht u lost ur money and spoil ur aviation dream tht wll be the result...

marknoel747
31st Dec 2013, 12:41
Hi friends if any one paid for this let us know we can file a case

sr71a
1st Jan 2014, 19:35
Hi guys, I can really say for sure that this is Scam. I have my connections

pfvspnf
1st Jan 2014, 21:30
We all know its a scam, but can you tell us exactly what went down? and what the current status is?

addapilot
9th Jan 2014, 08:56
Yes, we do know this is a scam (see my previous posts...).

But we do not know when and how they swindle you...

pfvspnf
24th Jan 2014, 03:55
Are they getting new aircraft?

antiscam
15th Mar 2014, 13:26
hi fellow aviators, air republiq is a scam once again i stay in philippines i knw the owners they r same persons who get involved in the scams that happened in philippines..its mr.ramil rivera and indian guy vedant bhardwaj,we pilot from india get into such scam coz lack of info on the company,getting an aircraft getting it painted and take a nice photo shot never means its an genuine company...example Fil Asian Airways | The Asian Experience (http://www.filasianair.com/) filasian air which did ys-11 scam,u guys can check the registration number of aircraft call civil aviation of philippines and jst ask on which blue moon day did it flew,it has a nice paint a website logo company but its a scam...same way this is scam too...i m getting the full details about each and everyone involved in it nd gona post about then soonest possible as such guys need a socially boycott them with individuals name involved as these guys know nice theory" invest some 500k peso,then get a website nd papers which u do get as u fill the application for it...then get lots of student get there money as fee for type rating or job package then they try to buy the aircraft from our money"2 ys 11 cost 3 million pesos and was bought from aboitiz company" which yield them 40,000usd package and 20 pilots joined so this business of their r very profitable ....b aware guys gona b back soon with all the info

Kee Nick
1st Apr 2014, 19:00
Got offer with 30,000 USD and 2 years contract. Would like to know whether this company can be trusted. Hear from you soon guys.

worldoffe
1st Apr 2014, 20:45
and what about the salary?

Kee Nick
3rd Apr 2014, 16:37
first 30 hours is USD 1,000. after that $27/hour

windsleaf2
28th Jul 2014, 12:53
anymore news/info about the airlines?:rolleyes:

pilotchute
30th Jul 2014, 10:01
After 5 pages of people saying this is a scam we still get newbies asking if it's a scam? Can anyone read back more than 3 posts?

Hermann71
7th Dec 2016, 15:35
HI there I am also applying as FO for this Company.
20k$ is the fund required for Company training.
Did you review the contract template? Is it reasonable?
I was thinking to go there before to sign anything.