PDA

View Full Version : Wizzair Cadet Pilot Programme (Non-TR)

finalcheck
7th Oct 2013, 06:10
Has anybody more information on that?

Sounds like an opportunity to get started without p2f and the like. Have a fresh fATPL with 400 hrs TT and, obviously, no turbine experience.

RunBoyRun
11th Oct 2013, 14:59
They ask also for a "completed Jet Familiarisation/Orientation course" :rolleyes:

Phenom100
13th Oct 2013, 13:09
Just been rejected by Wizz Air. Applied for NON TR

2800TT
2600 Hrs Multi Crew Turbo Prop
MCC & JOC
FAA A320 TR
FATPL
FAA ATP

What the hell do you need to get an interview with these guys......

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: this industry :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

schweizer2
13th Oct 2013, 13:27
Sorry to hear you got rejected, could it be because you have an FAA and not an EASA/JAA licence?

Phenom100
13th Oct 2013, 13:36
I HAVE EASA License also.... seems to me like its a marketing ploy!!

schweizer2
13th Oct 2013, 13:43
My mistake, you had only mentioned FAA licences and ratings in your last post.

Were you notified via e-mail?

Phenom100
13th Oct 2013, 13:45
Yes, notified by E-mail, only 3 days from applying to rejection.

pudoc
13th Oct 2013, 15:32
Maybe something to do with you applying to the non-TR course when you have a TR?

Phenom100
13th Oct 2013, 15:57
Well, a FAA TR is useless here in Europe, so applied as non rated....who know's what they want, would be interested to know if anyone has been called for Interview and what experience they have.....

wardbjuk
14th Oct 2013, 09:01
I was going to apply, but I don't have a JOC...
Normally I just apply anyway, and would do a JOC in a day before the interview.
However, Wizz want to see a completion certificate before application, so that's me screwed.
I'm now trying to decide whether to do a one day, 4hour JOC, or a full blown 20hr one with OAA to satisfy the likes of Jet2..

finalcheck
14th Oct 2013, 10:18
Can someone enlighten me what exactly is meant by Jet Orientation Course?

Is this covered by a MCC on a FNPT 2 in jet configuration?

RunBoyRun
14th Oct 2013, 10:54
Is this covered by a MCC on a FNPT 2 in jet configuration?
Practically it is. Theoretically an MCC should only focus on CRM regardless of the simulator being used...

finalcheck
14th Oct 2013, 11:21
So a MCC on a jet sim is usually accepted by those companies requiring a completed JOC?

immelmann87
14th Oct 2013, 13:16
finalcheck, the best way to be 100% sure about Your issue is to send an e-mail to Wizz. They have responded to my questions quite quickly (within 2 days).

OhNoCB
14th Oct 2013, 13:50
I did my MCC on a jet FNPTII. The MCC course did NOT give me a JOC certificate. I had to do that separately (a bundled deal at the time; good price).

I thought the JOC was a bit meh. I am not convinced that it taught me much. It was to do with further planning ahead due to increased speeds, stability at high altitudes, yaw damper vs no yaw damper, oscillations that sort of thing. It was useful but I don't believe it's something that should be required prior to a job. If they think that stuff is so important they can add an extra day on the TR and do it then.

I would suggest that if you have a piece of paper which specifically states that you have completed a Jet Orientation Course then you meet reqs to apply, otherwise you don't. I am not aware of any MCC providers giving you a cert for it just because the MCC was done in a jet sim, because the JOC has little/nothing to do with multi crew, more to do about your personal knowledge and experience of jets.

finalcheck
14th Oct 2013, 15:07
finalcheck, the best way to be 100% sure about Your issue is to send an e-mail to Wizz

I'll definitely do that.

OhNoCB, how much was your JOC, and how long did it take?

Most companies who hire people without a TR don't seem to require a JOC - at least here in Central Europe. Would it make sense to do it anyway, in order to be a step ahead in the sim assessment?

Pirrex
14th Oct 2013, 17:48
Any information about if any 200 hour guys have been called in lately?

OhNoCB
14th Oct 2013, 18:07
My JOC cost me around £400 as I took one of the last minute deals available from a provider who had someone drop out a couple of weeks before the start date. It took 1 day, it was 4 hours of theory and 4 hours in the sim. As I say I am not convinced about the course at all but I was aware that some operators looked for it and I did it on that basis. I don't think it would generally help in the sim assessment because the JOC looked at the more extreme parts of the typical jet aircraft flight envelope, whereas most sim assessments are based around a standard flight profile condensed with an abnormality/emergency thrown in, I don't think it's normal for them to have you do steep turns and stalls at FL390 which was something we did in the JOC to see how the aircraft reacts differently at altitude etc.

Darth_Bovine
15th Oct 2013, 09:45
What exactly does the EFIS (X) column mean in the pilot data sheet that you have to fill in? It's in the "Total Flying experience (as pilot) on AIRCRAFT". The only thing I can think of is instrument time.

Also, I don't think I have any other flying time except PIC and PUT. There is no column for PUT, unless they mean for it to be included under "Co-Pilot/dual hours" but I don't think it is strictly correct.

Also, also, PIC U/s: I've only ever logged my PPL flight test as that (at the request/advice of the examiner) but have never logged any flight (test or otherwise) as such since. When is PIC U/S actually used?

Thanks in advance,
DB.

Turbavykas
15th Oct 2013, 10:46
EFIS-Maybe electronic flight information system? Probably they ask about glass cockpit experience.

justasmallfire
15th Oct 2013, 10:53
EFIS time is all hours logged on aircraft fitted with EFIS instrumentation,
P/UT would be logged under copilot/p2/dual hours
and PIC/us or P1/us in europe are usually only logged when being examined for rating(class or type) or when your a new captain and still flying under supervision by company check pilot before sign off.I know some pilots (copilots) around the world logging their sectors flying as this but this is a very grey area and in europe I believe would not be counted as such.
I got a thanks but no thanks after 3 days from Wizz,
1100TT
Turbo prop time/multi crew efis time
MCC on 737/400 and JOC.
EASA licences all minimum requrements met.

immelmann87
15th Oct 2013, 10:56
Darth_Bovine, I had plenty of SPIC on my integrated course, mainly during IR training and on checks before next major exercises. It was however specified by my training provider which exercises are to be flown as SPIC.

immelmann87
15th Oct 2013, 11:08
1100TT
Turbo prop time/multi crew efis time
MCC on 737/400 and JOC.
EASA licences all minimum requrements met. I hope that You have applied for NTR F/O with such an experience ;)

justasmallfire
15th Oct 2013, 11:09
The Caa is quite clear on definitions if you dont hold rating (IR) you cant log it,only exception during IR flight test if you pass ,if you fail then should be logged as P/UT.
Yes non type rated,I guess i'm not what they are looking for.Good luck to everyone else.

Darth_Bovine
15th Oct 2013, 12:17
Thanks for the reply.

So, I should log all passed flight tests (PPL, CPL and ME/IR/MEP) as PIC u/s?

I doubt it will make much difference for this application but it's a point of interest for me non-the-less.

RunBoyRun
15th Oct 2013, 13:17
I doubt it will make much difference for this application :ok: guys with +1000 hours are getting their kind PFO..doubt that 250 or 251 logged hours would make that big difference...or maybe we're looking at it from the wrong point of view..

OhNoCB
15th Oct 2013, 22:33
EFIS is glass cockpit time.

P/ut is Dual

PICUS is logged when you pass a flight test or under some other circumstances such as command upgrade programs etc. I personally have some amount of this due to current operators approved OM B which specifies conditions under which F/O can log time as PICUS if certain conditions are met. SPIC is different and is for integrated students only. I am not sure how it is dealt with by Wizz. I know there are some companies that refuse to see it as anything more than P/ut.

fungi
17th Oct 2013, 08:04
Just for your information:
I live next to Katowice base.
fATPL, MCC (no JOC), 270TT
Just received reject email.
Rumours says they need 120 FO.
Good luck everybody.

Aleboni
17th Oct 2013, 08:12
Maybe they refused you because you don't have JOC course.

Aleboni
17th Oct 2013, 12:20
do you know when they close portal for application??

Phenom100
17th Oct 2013, 12:37
Seem's if you have a JOC or NO JOC, you'll get a rejection.....

Really would like to know what they are looking for, anyone applied and got to the next stage?

immelmann87
17th Oct 2013, 14:15
do you know when they close portal for application?? I have ask them this question and received a response that the recruitment will be ongoing until May 2014, however I personally doubt it mainly due to lot of pilots interested in this programme.

I think there is a note in the application form that no one will be invited for the assesment w/o JOC completed, even when living at the Katowice airport. ;) However, it was mentioned somewhere in this thread that they will be placing pilots in Bucharest and Kiev (I have also heard rumours about their new base in the middle east).

Jaz110285
4th Nov 2013, 11:57
Hi guys,
do you really think that a JOC is MANDATORY to do the Wizzair's application for the cadet entry?? A cadet is going to to a TYPE RATING on A320......!!!! :ugh:

Anyone of you has been rejected from Wizzair with a completed JOC??

Anyway I will go at their open day, rejected or not.. :ok:

Zerotimer
4th Nov 2013, 14:00
So you are in possesion of a rumanian pasport?

Standfor
4th Nov 2013, 17:12
Does somebody have more information about the "Recruitment Open Day" the 19th november?

I can't belive it's part of the selection progress as there might be thousands of candidates...

immelmann87
4th Nov 2013, 18:43
I can't belive it's part of the selection progress as there might be thousands of candidates...

Read carefuly the advert. As Zerotimer noticed, You must posses a valid Romanian Passport to take a part in this particular recruitment!

axl76fg
4th Nov 2013, 22:56

Read carefuly the advert. As Zerotimer noticed, You must posses a valid Romanian Passport to take a part in this particular recruitment!

:confused:
What does it mean the above sentenced quoted from you with your reply?
I think doesn't make sense.
Let say you're right, as they ask for Rumanian Passport, what do you think they(Wizzair staff) will do if that day a lot of Rumenian Pilots will be present??..Interview all of them??
Of course not..every open day is different, but every one I think will have the opportunity to leave his Resume and if possible, a chance to have 5 minutes to talk with them and to give the best impression of you in the way that after selection of the Resume you'll be one of the candidate to be able to be assessed that day!
And if you read carefully the Wizzair post, at the end, they add:
"Even if you do not meet the minimum requirements now you are still welcome, perhaps you may become a WIZZAIR pilot in the future!"

So said, that is english, and it's simple clear!

I believe if they want only Rumenian candidate, they should put as minimum requirement the Rumanian Language and not the passport!

If you do not try you'll never know how it will end.;)
Just my thought!

Emilian
8th Nov 2013, 17:37
AXL76FG

QUOTE I believe if they want only Rumenian candidate, they should put as minimum requirement the Rumanian Language and not the passport!.....

Just 99.9% Romanian passport holders speaks Romanian... :ok: no need even to mention it,common sense.

I will be there,cuz i born there and that s for wizz Ro bases and pilots.

Good luck

mad_jock
8th Nov 2013, 19:32
if they have been stupid enough to say passport holders only they are in major breach of EU law.

RWY37
8th Nov 2013, 20:25
I sent Wizz an email, just to confirm that we dont need an Romanian passport for the recruitment day. Here is the reply:

Good morning,

Thank you for your email.

The open day is exactly that – an open day. It is not part of the recruitment process, and all are welcome,

With regards

Pilot Recruitment Team

Wizz Air Hungary Kft.
Member of Wizz Air Group
BUD International Airport, Building 221
H-1185 Budapest

Does'nt look like its gonna be much recruiting..even though they give the impression of that on their website. Whats the point of bringing license, CV etc if they are not recruiting?

kurty
9th Nov 2013, 17:57
Hello,

It says on the site that the type rating will be arranged by wizzair. Does anyone know if this is partially funded by the cadet?

Thanks

MichaelPL
11th Nov 2013, 08:55
Hi.

Quick question - I applied a couple of days ago, but never received the 'automated email' confirming my application. I can log on to my profile, but the email never got to me. Has anyone experienced a similar situation? (And please don't tell me to check my junk mail folder, been doing that about 20 times a day for the last 3 days ;) )

Cheers, and good luck.

immelmann87
11th Nov 2013, 09:40
If You are using e-mail client (e.g. Outlook), the junk e-mail might have been blocked by Your e-mail domain. Check e-mail "manually" (e.g. for gmail, check it via google website instead of via Outlook). I had this issue once applying for Aer Lingus programme. If it is not the case, then I suggest to contact Wizz - the reply message is containing Your application ID, which may be useful in further process.

kishupes
11th Nov 2013, 20:31
Hi everybody, Does anyone received interview invitation for Cadets?:ok:

elmore81
11th Nov 2013, 21:08
kishupes have you been invited for an interview?

Also RWY37 which email address did you use to contact wizz recruitment?

RWY37
12th Nov 2013, 11:55
[email protected]

kishupes
12th Nov 2013, 13:22
Not Yet. But maybe someone is so I would like to hear aprox. dates of interview.

axl76fg
15th Nov 2013, 14:41
AXL76FG QUOTE I believe if they want only Rumenian candidate, they should put as minimum requirement the Rumanian Language and not the passport!.....
Just 99.9% Romanian passport holders speaks Romanian... no need even to mention it,common sense.

:p Emilian, first, sorry for my sarcasm, learn how to quote in Pprune, it takes 20 seconds. to see how to do it!
Second Remember that in the requirement specially in the Aviation field there isn't common sense and finally to be ironic with you, if one day you'll Achieve your dream to become an airline pilot, you'll discover That we have SOP and common sense is not a real matter!

And what reported from RWY37 and wrote from the Wizz HRD is just a confirmation of that!

Good Luck

thkib
21st Nov 2013, 10:36
Did some of you that attended the open day the 19th in Bucharest manage to get som info on the 2014 recruitment-plans to the other bases, opening pisitions up for non-Romanian cadets?

mmbogdan
21st Nov 2013, 13:33
I attended the Open Day in Bucharest and they said that they are looking indeed for Romanian pilots for their Romanian bases but all other nationalities are being considered for the other bases. They also said that they will need a lot of pilots in the coming years due to their expansion but only mentioned Craiova, in Romania as a possible new base. They lowered their requirements so inexperienced pilots with A320 rating are considered as Type Rated First Officers! There have been mostly Italian low houred pilots present, with or without A320 rating and maybe Line Training. Few Romanian candidates (20 out of 300) some low houred but also experienced pilots from TAROM and Carpatair. Those who meet all the requirements (hours, valid ratings, MCC, JOC) are being considered for interviews. They only screened people to see if they meet the requirements. Results will come in about 2 weeks. Not everyone will get invited. They are also looking for your background: any flying or non-flying aviation experience, University Degree, etc.

Good luck to all of you!

jetlee
21st Nov 2013, 14:46
Yes they are recruiting throughout there main Bases not sure which ones but it was worth while going there! A lot Pilots turned up so stiff competition for the positions! Good luck to all and especially those who like myself made the effort to go there!

axl76fg
21st Nov 2013, 20:06
As far as I know from very reliable information and someone who was there can confirm the following:

There were a lot of people, maybe over 200 approx. and just few Romanians, like 10 people max, 3 of them , pilot girls already with some hours and currently flying with a local operator.

The rest of people, from north europe, Scandinavian specially, Germany and Italians and some minor presence from Portugal, France and other nations.

Some people rated on A320, some with hours,others in other JAR25 aircraft, some other in turboprop and so on, and others just only aeroclub experience.

Most of the people doesn't met the requirements, like no JOC, or type rating expiring soon, some others with a ELP level 3, some other less than 200 hours on airplane and the list continue......:ouch:

The guys who met the requirements left the Wizz application form and were signed by name and experience on their personal computers while others whose told to get the minimum requirements then to update their position contacting wizz staff and to specify that they were on the open days.

All people attending the open days have the priority over others at home trying to send they resume.
And of course there are some cadet entry pilot....already cabin crew in wizz as well.

They will principally looking for Romanian base as they will had Craiova base, but in the near future they will need huge pilot in all other bases.

Salary is funny but is the only reality here in Europe that gives you experience and TR with no advance cash...ROFL:E

They are going to answer to all the people either negative or positive, and who find himself selected, will attend a 2 day interview in Budaphest (1 day HR and technical interview and other day SIM profile):ok:

Hope this help..

mmbogdan
21st Nov 2013, 21:19
Almost everything correct. There have been 300 people actually and all of the people around me seemed to be Italians with or without Type Rating and maybe Line Training. There have been more Romanians (around 20), some of them low houred. I was surprised that so many didn´t meet the requirements although they are written clearly on their website. It´s obvious they want Romanian pilots for their Romanian bases since right now they have less than 10% from Romania in the respective bases and the flow is quite high. But they mentioned that all other nationals are being considered for other bases.

thkib
21st Nov 2013, 21:53
axl76fg and mmbogdan, thanks for the update! Its a shame they are recruiting based on passport, shouldn't be like that in EU/EEC. Anyway alot of usefull info, hoping for good news in 2014! Once again guys thx for sharing, didn't have the opportunity to get of work this time around, next time I will be the one reporting back!

VanDeures
22nd Nov 2013, 09:29
As to the number of people present on the day, I counted 10 rows of chairs with 10 chairs in each row, this said, there was I guess just as many standing around the edges as the number of people seated. So at least 200.

Since the room was filled beyond capacity, (fire drill max 190), th session was repeated at 14:00. with what seem to me just about the same amount of people..

My best guess therefore is +400!!!, feel free to comment on this..

Aleboni
22nd Nov 2013, 10:06
Everything is quite correct... There where around 400 people but 40% didn't meet minimum requirments and someone applied the same even not having 200 hours on the aircraft or jet orientation course. We wait and see what will happen :E

axl76fg
22nd Nov 2013, 10:43
:rolleyes:

I started with 200...then mmbogdan said 300 and now Aleboni said 400..
:E:...who is next?? :ok:

vsersen
23rd Nov 2013, 09:30
I think only to the people that they have been in Bucharest. Because they were collecting the information on the data sheets.

nakis03
23rd Nov 2013, 11:12
either they dont meet the requirements.... bad luck for us with type rating..:))

mmbogdan
23rd Nov 2013, 18:37
About the number of candidates present, indeed there have been nearly 200 in the room (100 seated + 70-80 standing). My guess! But there have been much less people present at the second presentation (around 50 seated). They do not select according to passport, but they want locals provided the very low number of local pilots in Romania and the opening of a new base next summer. Those who had the requirements will be answered in about 2 weeks, positive or negative. Those who didn't have will have to wait longer. Anyway they said loud and clear that they lowered the requirements so they could consider more candidates provided their need for pilots in the coming years. So heads up!

nakis03
25th Nov 2013, 06:35
take a look the site of latestpilots interview preparation of wizzair

My friend wizzair published 4 different spedds of candidates not only experience pilots.

1. rated
2.rated experience
3.cadet
4.cadet type rated

talkinabout
26th Nov 2013, 18:50
Hi all people...
Do you have any update about Wizz air (hr interview and technical interview plus simulator profile)
I was in Bucharest, type rated on the A320 and 700TT (not on the A320 but in general aviation).

kishupes
27th Nov 2013, 07:41
Hi, did anyone receive an invitation from Wizz?

Pitch_Beta_Toga
27th Nov 2013, 12:03
No news yet, they said to expect contacts in two or three weeks from the open day, it means not before December the 3rd. :rolleyes:

nakis03
27th Nov 2013, 15:38
they are still publishing again and again on the aviation jobs site for rated and non rated ...

Aleboni
28th Nov 2013, 09:16
Which website? I didn't find anything

nakis03
28th Nov 2013, 10:30
aviationjobs.me

Anunaki
28th Nov 2013, 15:16
Nakis03, is the same,original job post, simply re-posted by Aviationjobs.me. When you buy the space to feature the ad,there's an option to highlight the ad every week, it doesn't mean Wizzair HR is continuously reposting...common sense really. I think the people who attended the open day should hear back next week,it is easier said then done but you have to remain patient.
At least, there are openings, a few more airlines recruiting, a sign of improvement.
just hang in there :ok:

nakis03
28th Nov 2013, 16:25
i wish good luck to everyone ! I was not there but i hope . the hope dies last ..

mark29
30th Nov 2013, 20:46
Anyone here knows if they will assess also candidates who has not been on the Open day? Did they say something about that on the Open day? :ugh:

vsersen
1st Dec 2013, 09:43
First all the candidates that where on the open day. But they gonna hire pilots until May 2014. So there are still chanches... :)

axl76fg
3rd Dec 2013, 20:26
:O:O
Be sure to have the ELP 4 at least for their questions!";)

maximus610
5th Dec 2013, 15:07
valKilmer, it means English Language Proficiency 4 :mad:

kishupes
5th Dec 2013, 16:05
Still no news about invitation and possible assessment dates so far or people just do not share it here:)

mark29
7th Dec 2013, 10:04
Applied on 8th November and still no call..

RWY37
10th Dec 2013, 14:20
Got a mail today which said that i met all minimum requirements and that my application will be put into a holdingpool. It also said that it was a limited number of places left on this season's recruitment, so I may not be contacted before atumn 2014...

Standfor
10th Dec 2013, 14:26
I've been in Bucharest the 19th November and I've just received this e-mail from Wizz Air..

"A very Good afternoon to you,

It has been some time since we met you in Bucharest for the pilot open day.

Firstly, I would like to say what a pleasure it was to meet you, and thank you for attending the event. Secondly, I would like to apologize for the lengthy delay before contacting you, but with the huge amount of attendees, it has taken some time to process all the applications.

The recruitment team on the day in Bucharest were overwhelmed by the interest from all the attendees. The day was a huge success for Wizz Air, and this was made possible by your keenness and dedication.

Having reviewed the results, I am pleased to say that you meet the all the requirements, and your application will be put into a holding pool. This will have priority for our selection process, and you will be contacted when we wish to invite you for the interview process. There are limited places left for this season’s recruitment, so it could be that your application will be considered for next year’s recruitment, which starts in Autumn 2014.

In the meantime, thank you once again for your interest in Wizz Air.

With kind regards"

Anyone else got the same e-mail? I don't know what to think about that.. it sounds not so cool to wait until next year for a selection once been there..

legau
10th Dec 2013, 15:45
same for me.

At least they answer something, even if it's the same content for everyone.

Now let's cross some fingers ;)

jetlee
10th Dec 2013, 15:54
Hi All,

This was my letter so slightly different!

A very Good afternoon to you,

Firstly, I would like to say what a pleasure it was to meet you, and thank you for attending the event. Secondly, I would like to apologize for the lengthy delay before contacting you, but with the huge amount of attendees, it has taken some time to process all the applications.

The recruitment team on the day in Bucharest were overwhelmed by the interest from all the attendees. The day was a huge success for Wizz Air, and this was made possible by your keenness and dedication.

Having reviewed the results, I regret to inform you that, at this time, we will not proceed with your application any further. This may be for a number of reasons, and I am afraid that feedback cannot be given. I would advise you though to apply on-line at www.wizzair.com (http://www.wizzair.com/) and keep your application updated. Your application will be given a priority for next year’s recruitment, so please keep things up to date, and you will be contacted further should we wish to see you.

With kind regards

So that's it in a nut shell! I am A320 RATED WITH ZERO HRS but did not make it through for whatever reason this time!! Disappointed for now! All the best to the guys that got through!!!

jetlee
10th Dec 2013, 19:05
Just out of interest are you guys rated on the A320?

cheers

legau
10th Dec 2013, 22:32
Nope not rated only joc

Jaz110285
11th Dec 2013, 03:34
Hi guys! Just received same mail that put me in a holding pool! FINGER CROSSED :-D

Anunaki
11th Dec 2013, 04:41
Well, I was there too,met their requirements and filled that very basic form.Haven't heard a thing..but hey, I am aware of aviation lack of common courtesy, a long way of respectfully acknowledging someone.I am feeling like a guy who was too bothered,I had a shinny new CV/Cover letter,copies of my documents and originals,log books, etc..they didn't look at it.They won't know who I really am,there was no real "pitch" or "selling",as the format was flawed and the application forms were too restrictive.
So in conclusion, I (like many of you)made the effort , flights were £413 rtn, hotel £70p night,+food,transport,and missed two days of work.Had to endure a massive telling off by the missy on how much money I have spent on this "hobby"(although she is supportive,there's a time people have enough,can't blame her)lol,and finally,I find out online that if I am to receive a positive answer ,it will be for an interview a year from now?!
What can I say?FML :mad:

Standfor
11th Dec 2013, 09:49
215 hours JOC - non type rated

maybe they are looking for non type rated applicants to start their own course

Anunaki what you're saying is true.. it's been a big effort by everyone to go there. but if you have been put in the holding pool, it's too early to think it's been a waste of time.. The interview could come in a year or in a month, who knows!

valKilmer3481
11th Dec 2013, 15:35
Well i had 3 holidays, and had some Good Fun in Bucharesti ;-))

Got. Mail 2day, and Hope for an early 2014 interview, all the best 4 u guys

Jaz110285
11th Dec 2013, 15:45
TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU VALKILMER!!!! :D

GOOD LUCK GUYS!! :ok:

PilotNC
11th Dec 2013, 16:31
Hey guys, can someone clarify if the cadet scheme is just for non type rated pilots or can A320 type rated pilots apply for it too?

kishupes
11th Dec 2013, 18:20
I think you can find all necessary information on official wizzair site :ok:

vsersen
12th Dec 2013, 10:05
I attended the open day in Bucharest as well, but I haven't received an answer yet. Is there someone who is also waiting for an answer?

NasTran
12th Dec 2013, 12:43
"A very Good afternoon to you,

Having reviewed the results, I am pleased to say that we will be reviewing your application, and you will be contacted at some time by the recruitment team with further details in the near future. Please keep in mind though, that the interview stages will be continuing through until next May, so it may be a little while before you hear from us.

With kind regards"

The difference is that they don't say if I met all minima but they "will be reviewing" my application and maybe I can be called till May 2014... sincerely I don't know if it's better this or the one with "holding Pool"...

By the way I have full ATPL with A320 but NO hours on type...

Anunaki
12th Dec 2013, 14:15
Vsersen,

Check your junk mail.I've opened mine up,just got the 'thumbs up' Email...Let's see if we will have to wait that long for the interview now.:ok:

Nastran,

Interesting. The wording is a bit intriguing.Mine mentions the hold-pool bit too.At least you were given an insight as to when they might call you,If they are holding assessments up to May,that's good news.
I was reading in the Italian forum and someone claims that the Italian Captain that day,told him at the end of the afternoon session,that 40% didn't meet the requirements.
So, 200+ candidates to be assessed in 5 months(considering everyone gets an OK)it's doable.Obviously the number will be lesser,meaning more chances.But I think that,you,being type rated,you might get through a quicker process,heard there's an immediate need for type rated pilots.Wait and see...Good Luck

vsersen
12th Dec 2013, 14:43
Anunaki

It's not under junk mail. I'm also fresh A320 type rated with no hours.

NasTran
12th Dec 2013, 14:52
Anunaki

I also heard about that story regarding the effective number of pilots having all required minima, but I don't know how many they can interview in 6 months... we'll see... Finger crossed for everybody!!!

Anunaki
12th Dec 2013, 15:36
Nastran,

I guess that 200 is a reasonable number. Remember that there will be problems,licences expiring,medical etc. So expect an small number of people dropping for various reasons.
Then there are the aptitude tests,If I'm not wrong,BA's tests had a 1 out of 5 success rate.Worse at Lufthansa DLR,I assume Wizzair tests wont be easy either.Please correct me if I'm wrong.A lot of people wont pass,then there's the interview itself.Nowadays people forget how important interpersonal skills are,so as being humble or down to earth, CRM, being "switch on" in general.
I still remember someone asking the chief pilot what aircraft we would be doing the skill test on...remember that?(morning session).In conclusion, that number will decrease dramatically as the assessments start.All we can do is do the research and prepare,prepare and prepare. :ok:

NasTran
12th Dec 2013, 15:54
You're Right on the Bucarest day there were very strange and funny guys trying to impress with stupid questions... simply unbelievable :eek: :confused:

Maybe the first part could be less tough than a Major Airline, cause I heard on other forum that they could ask around 40 questions ATPL Based + some company info... So not that kind of hard screening like DLR or Emirates standard... I hope these rumours are true...

Anyway the most difficult part would be the technical-panel Interview and Psyc interview, and obviously the Sym session that for us with 0 hours on type would be not so simple...

axl76fg
12th Dec 2013, 16:50
Hello Gentlemen's,
let me say first of all as one of you told before that is correct there were huge numbers of Italians, and mostly with no the minimum requirement at all!!
In General there were people with missing papers, people with not enough hours, people with some not valid documents, others with expiration date in the next months..etc...etc....So I think reasonably take out 3/4 of the people there!

About the questions, I'm also agree with you some questions were so "stupid" like the guy that asked about the ELP 3!!!! :\
Anyway I'm not agree with you when the specific question about the aircraft to be used for the assessment!! Remember many companies like to use B737 or any Boeing type aircraft to see better your specific handling skills!! and I don't want to be wrong but not far away in the years, i think the same Wizz Air use to do the assessment on the 737!
So maybe the guy could be more clever and ask the question in another way!
But Definitely was not a stupid question!

-About the letter till now i heard 4 kind of letter and I will list this as I think the priority could be:
1- the letter says about the call from HR and that the interview stages will be continuing through until next May
2-the letter saying you meet all the Requirements and holding pull, Autumn 2014
3-The letter saying you meet all the requirements but for some reason they decided to not continue with your applications
4-The letter saying you do not meet the minimum requirements.

:ok:

Anunaki
12th Dec 2013, 18:42
axl76fg,

Yes, off course,take it with a pinch of salt! We were discussing POSSIBLE scenarios based on what other airlines do.
Either way,I doubt the technical aspect would go too deep on the aircraft itself,unless you're type rated.More of a generic outset of questions.
The 737 could be used, many airlines used an older/different type to asses their candidates.The debate 737 V A320 is like Messi V Ronaldo,we'll just agree to disagree I guess :ok:

Yeah,strange that there would be different versions,you either get it or not.However, I find them quite intriguing,not sure if I am reading between the lines here,but is not the first time that I end up on a hold pool and end up ''drowning", due to "operational reasons" or some other reason that "we cannot give feedback at this time".I hope this is for real and we get a chance to prove ourselves and may the best land the job.We just need patience now.
So,as small as it may sound,it is a little victory.Now,a step at at time :)

immelmann87
12th Dec 2013, 19:06
Guys,
I wonder if only the ones that were physically at the Bucharest's open day have received their responses..

Mid November, I have asked Wizz a technical question about my application and this week I have received an answer...followed by the same message about autumn 2014 assesment, that was quoted few posts ago. I didn't go for the open day and my online application status did not change -> still it is "submitted for requisition"

Does anybody, who applied "from home" received a response or a status change?

Anunaki
12th Dec 2013, 20:29
Immelmann87,

Don't know,but we were told we would have been given priority!Now,the whole thing seems a bit confuse,only time will tell :cool:

Standfor
13th Dec 2013, 14:30
NasTran,

Are you Rumanian? Maybe that could be a reason why you've been told that.. Apart of having the full ATPL

NasTran
14th Dec 2013, 10:06
Standfor

No I'm not Rumanian, and I don't speak any of wizzair eastern languages. So I don't know what is the difference but I heard other guys with the same answer... Anyway I'm still not sure this reply is the best among the possible that we can get, I hope so... meanwhile i continue studying cause if they call we may have maximum 1 month notice... and I think is not so much to be successful with a new type (cause i finished the type rating few months ago with no hours on type)...

valKilmer3481
5th Apr 2014, 09:21
Any guys who attended interview in March and April, maybe NTR.
Did any of you got already the base and the start of the typerating - no matter if you choosed the Amsterdam option or not.
Just very calm, no further message for me so far.........

kzm
7th Apr 2014, 19:36
Val, consider asking them. I asked and received the base I will be assigned to. But nothing about the starting date, nothing to soon at least (also NTR). BTW, did you say yes to Amsterdam?

valKilmer3481
10th Apr 2014, 09:59
Got the TypeCourse Date, got the Base.......everything allright KZM

kzm
10th Apr 2014, 14:20
got the TR date too, next month :)

to answer any other possible questions: went to Budapest in March, got the good news mail a week after and two weeks after that got the invitation for the TR and the base.
cadet, NTR

hungarian_aviator
11th Apr 2014, 13:03
Hi Guys,

Is there any Hungarian between you guys who got invited to the selection?

Cheers!

vsersen
12th Apr 2014, 20:27
Yes, there was one guy from Hungary last week.

antes56
13th Apr 2014, 09:02
For those who got the interview and non rated...where did you get the Joc course?

kzm
14th Apr 2014, 18:53
I got mine in Sofia, FFS A320. (it was fully booked just after the open day in Bucharest).
The only other location I know about is in Bucharest - on a FNPTII 737NG.
But there should be plenty of other locations in Europe

Aleboni
15th Apr 2014, 12:27
Kzm are you rumenian citizen? Which experience do you have? Anyway congratulations :D

kzm
17th Apr 2014, 05:30
Romanian with some 250 hours

JeyFromLFMT
21st Apr 2014, 16:13
Are you serious?! :eek: Usually JOC is not required when you have a Jet TR.

They even wrotte it on their open day page, "JOC (if no jet experience)". On which aircraft are you rated?

flaps35
21st Apr 2014, 18:47
They need money, and you have too much hours.They are looking for desperated guys.
Goodluck

Aleboni
22nd Apr 2014, 06:19
I think you meet all requirments because you have rating and experience on a certified JAR 25 jet aircraft. You don't need joc. Were you in Bucharest?

Woody12
22nd Apr 2014, 06:26
But is the phenom 100 a single or a multipilot aircraft??? Jar25 aicraft?

Rwy29
10th Aug 2014, 11:39
Hi guys,

First of, I'd like to say hello to everybody as I'm a newbie on this forum! :)

I've tried to find an answer to my question about the newest non-tr cadet requirement at wizz, but I couldn't... So please could you tell me how does financing of tr look like? Is there a need to pay anything upfront?

Cheers!

immelmann87
10th Aug 2014, 16:15
RWY29

The answer to Your question was given in the "Wizzair Autumn '14 (http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/545334-wizz-air-autumn-14-a.html)" thread.

Rwy29
10th Aug 2014, 21:29
immelmann87 (http://www.pprune.org/members/403557-immelmann87):thanks for your reply. Regarding the thread you've mentioned - I've understood that imaximov (http://www.pprune.org/members/347175-imaximov) was talking about his current employment.

WingsAndWoody
22nd Aug 2014, 15:15
JOC training at CAE Oxford Aviation Academy are a option ;)

Cheers

jakekenobi
30th Aug 2014, 15:41
KZM,how much did it cost for JOC is Sofia,they don`t mention on ther website,just 2h PF + 2h PNF,on A320 FSS but nothing on price,thanx

kzm
1st Sep 2014, 13:09
1.000 E. (if you want an invoice, add 20% VAT ;) )

Holliwood
20th Sep 2014, 12:57
Hello gents,
Would you attend their next open day in this situation:
Full atpl 2700tt
1200 on jar 23 turboprop (executive)
No JOC

axl76fg
20th Sep 2014, 19:46
I will go with all the min. req. as set by Wizz.
In your case no JOC no party!
hope this help!

Alda
25th Sep 2014, 23:48
With more than 550 pilot hours is it ok to go to Riga open day? (Total ~1000H as crew member)

I'm searching a partner to do the JOC at sim4u, it should be around Oct the 3d.

Please PM me ASAP if interested.

french frog
26th Sep 2014, 08:36
Alda for your information, the minimum flying experience requirements here:

Captains and First Officers, Non Type Rated AND Type Rated on the Airbus A320-Latest Pilot Jobs-Latest Pilot Jobs (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/jobs/view/id/4661.html)

Good luck

Alda
26th Sep 2014, 09:00
Ok thanks French Frog.
It seems I've got the minimum to do the cadet non type-rated application, but that I don't have precisely the minimum for the Open Day. I thought they had set the same minimas for both cadet non TR online and on the open day.
I fear my online app will be rejected in 3days if I don't show up there, but they won't consider me if I go without full MEP time...

axl76fg
26th Sep 2014, 15:07
Alda for RIX and VNO Wizzair is looking for CPT and FO A320 TR and NTR.:ok:
They are not looking for cadets where the min.entry is 500 TT.
Hope this help you.

gefferzz
31st May 2015, 11:30
Has anyone recently applied and received a reply?

b737air
1st Jun 2015, 13:14
Applied 2 months ago and got no answer so far, except the automatic "thank you mail". Did you?

gefferzz
1st Jun 2015, 15:01
No reply either, but I only sent my application in last week.

Poshnapp
4th Apr 2016, 04:45
Greetings.

Anyone attended the assessment recently and want to share their experience?
NTR Cadet, 300TT.

appfo09
4th Apr 2016, 07:12
Hi Poshnapp. Did you got a reply from them ? Did they invited you ?
Many thanks !

LastMinuteChanges
7th Apr 2016, 10:33
No reply to me yet.

@Poshnapp: Did you find out what is involved in the assessment?

P40Warhawk
10th Apr 2016, 11:25
Another question, just informative.
Wizz requirements are that you have 300 hrs ACTUAL flying on an Aircraft, F ATPL ATPL MCC JOC.

But what if you have A320 TR but no hours on it? Will they still consider?

P40Warhawk
10th Apr 2016, 16:41
Strange that they still want to see 300 hours. BT included. I seriously dont see the point why they want to keep that 300 hours TT even when you are rated on A320.

appfo09
11th Apr 2016, 08:08
I am still waiting for almost a year now. I have almost 400hrs TT with A320 type rating on my license. It is not normal why they are not answering back ;:(

Poshnapp
11th Apr 2016, 15:59
@LastMinuteChanges: I havent found out anything yet. Still trying!

rafal0803
12th Apr 2016, 16:45
HI Guys.
Just found out about why is min 300TT in most of the airlines. INSURANCE !!!
Airline pays 30% cheaper insurance for each pilot with minimum 300TT.

P40Warhawk
12th Apr 2016, 17:08
So how should we get 300 hrs when we have nowhere to gather those hours. When you come out of training you have approx. 150-200 hrs on ACTUAL aircraft. Getting those 100+ hrs aint that easy.

I also dont see it why that number. Because 100 hrs more or less doesnt make you a much better pilot.

SeventhHeaven
12th Apr 2016, 17:58
Even if you had 300TT you probably still wouldn't get called right. It's just an absolute minimum. I imagine they have plenty of FI or survey pilots etc on record waiting for a call as well! Or that guy with 400TT and a 320 TR!

antes56
21st Apr 2016, 18:32
Hi everyone, quick question: do they accept the CRMEUROPE JOC for NTR cadet?

gerzson6
23rd Apr 2016, 16:13
Yes, i think so.

KayPam
24th Apr 2016, 22:37
There is a cadet programme open with CTC
I've seen it open for quite some time now.

What is the salary, once working as a F/O ? On pilotjobnetworks it stated something like 1200 (base) + 900 (flights) €, which is pretty low..

classicelica
27th Apr 2016, 10:45
I came accross this document on wizz website. Explains the interview process.

https://wizzair.com/static/downloads/Wizzairrecruitmentguide.pdf

Akden
29th Apr 2016, 06:50
Hey KZM how are you?

I just wanted to ask you if you could give me some information about the interview for wizz. Just applied as NtR cadet.

I would really appreciate to hear from you.

SirPulok
30th Apr 2016, 14:40
I also dont see it why that number. Because 100 hrs more or less doesnt make you a much better pilot.

Well 100h maybe isn't going to make you a much better pilot but:

1. It makes the recruitment pool much smaller
2. It shows real commitment to aviation, it shows that you've done more than the absolute minimum in order to become a pilot.

P40Warhawk
3rd May 2016, 12:42
Well IF I had the chance to obtain that 100 hours then that would be a great thing. I am not going to spend 15K to obtain like 100 hrs on SEP.

So not the problem with dedication but just the fact that getting those 100 hours extra is also impossible.

P40Warhawk
17th May 2016, 20:19
I am searching for all kinds of opportunities. Towing, Sky Dive dropping anything. Something to do next to my daily job, because something needs to pay the bills, but I take anything. As long as I am flying. So I am not a lazy ......
I have now also a job in Aviation, and try to network, because that is the only way to get something.

So please dont pretend you know me. I do anything to find myself something.

cefey
19th May 2016, 06:34
P40Warhawk
One way to get cheap and meaningless hours, is to pay for skydiving slot on a plane.
You pay for the slot, my fly up and down. Log hours. 15-20€/hr. 2000€ for 100hrs.

Preferably, if you fly and drop divers yourself, at least you will learn something. But this is a way to get required hours for cheap.

P40Warhawk
20th May 2016, 11:22
Disregard, then you take away the jobs of others who get paid for it. And now me then paying for it? New way of P2F.

RedBullGaveMeWings
20th May 2016, 14:28
Didn't know you have to pay for that, I thought people did it for free:bored:

tume
17th Jun 2016, 16:00
Can someone explain why they keep insisting on having the stupid JOC?

EC DKN
17th Jun 2016, 20:15
Because they can reduce the numbers of applications recived! JOC+300 hours TT = less people applying!

Simple as that!

tume
18th Jun 2016, 07:37
Yeah, just not too excited to do a JOC with ICAO ATPL and 500h+ light turboprop multi pilot

EC DKN
18th Jun 2016, 15:15
Yeah, just not too excited to do a JOC with ICAO ATPL and 500h+ light turboprop multi pilot

Then you Don't need to apply via the cadet link!

tume
20th Jun 2016, 09:12
Well I meant I don't think I qualify through any entry because the JOC requirement

EC DKN
20th Jun 2016, 20:16
If Have a JOC apply otherwise do not apply! Simple as that!

But anyway with such an experience can try Vueling (must Have Spanish ICAO level 4), Loganair, Flybe, etc!

PFDriver
1st Jan 2017, 02:27
Has anyone been called lately for an interview? Applied a few months back for NTR Cadet and heard nothing so far.

rudestuff
1st Jan 2017, 16:02
I applied in October. 450 factored hrs, 95% average, nothing heard either...

TheFlyingFrenchman66
1st Jan 2017, 18:02
Hello, I applied in November, around 400 hours, JOC, everything needed, but nothing either.

PFDriver
2nd Jan 2017, 02:01
Just trying to see if they have been calling people, I applied last september and heard nothing yet. Same with a few friends of mine who are also waiting

dirk85
2nd Jan 2017, 10:28
The truth is that the vast majority of people will never get a reply, because they have literally thousands of applications.

Assessments are happening all the time, and any day in toulouse or amsterdsm there are at least 15/20 wizz pilots for the type rating.

Good luck

healthy normal pew
22nd Feb 2017, 10:54
Hi guys i have been applying to wizzair for the last year and having only 1250 hours all piston i received a call from confair this morning teeling me wizzair is only interested in 500 hours on type guys.

Is this true? i read from someone some months ago they hire guys with no jet experience.

Feeling very down at the moment.

Face The Wind
22nd Feb 2017, 17:00
Applied in november, I have everything they ask for, and got nothing either.

Dapaulitos
17th Aug 2017, 21:28
I´m seriously thinking to apply to Wizz NTR Cadet, just need some couple of hours..
I wonder anyone has recently applied and have been called? With how many hours?

Thanks

Ashamax
13th Sep 2017, 07:53
Hi everyone,

I have the same concern as Dapaulitos. I'm only short on hours, but have everything else they are asking for. I did the MCC/JOC at CTC. Are they really strict on your TT?
Any info will be welcome!