PDA

View Full Version : Excellence sense of humour.

clicker
5th Oct 2013, 18:41
Love this Beefeater's sense of humour.

LiveLeak.com - 22yr Army Vet. tour guide (Yeoman)at the Tower of London (very funny)

Capetonian
5th Oct 2013, 18:46
Brilliant. I say give the man another medal.

No doubt it's only a matter of time before some PC tosspot 'complains' about something like 'lack of respect'.

Courtney Mil
5th Oct 2013, 19:02
I want to go on that tour. Outstanding!

Good point, Capetonian, I truly hope no one is feeble minded enough to say anything against him. The tourists looked like they were lovinng it. Apart from the Scottish, English, French and Italian ones, obviously. But, if you can't take a joke...

Fox3WheresMyBanana
5th Oct 2013, 19:05
"History is nearly always written by the winner...which explains all the empty pages in French history books"

Diamond!

Had a good chat with a Yeoman once, who'd been in the SAS, Royal Tank Regiment and Parachute Regiment, in WWII ("I transferred to the Tankers 'cos I got fed up with walking across the desert, then the RAF kindly offered to fly me everywhere. Champion!"). Fantastic guys.

The Helpful Stacker
5th Oct 2013, 19:44
What an excellent chap.

TheWizard
5th Oct 2013, 20:15
Don't wish to be a party pooper as this is truly a great piece of live 'entertainment' but it took place nearly 3 years ago.

"Bill" is still at the Tower so nobody got upset about him. It's part of his daily routine. If you have a bit of spare time watch the whole tour in four parts
here
beefeaters tower of london funny - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=beefeaters+tower+of+london+funny&oq=Beefeater&gs_l=youtube.1.1.0l10.931.2310.0.3839.9.5.0.3.3.0.104.373.4j 1.5.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.iOslDGSQnH0)

smujsmith
5th Oct 2013, 20:18
That chap is the best, and everything an old soldier should be. Thanks for posting this, I though all the real "troopers" had gone. Danny42C excepted of course.

Smudge:ok:

Pontius Navigator
5th Oct 2013, 21:01
The Jollies doing the Victory tours are no shrinking violets either:

French tourist looking at the brass monkeys and cannon balls:

"Are zeez the cannon balls that we used at Trafalgar?"

Jolly, quick as a flash, "No the French navy kept all those."

Rigga
12th Oct 2013, 16:54
...and because of him other Beefeaters are loosening their stays too. I did a guided tour last year and thoroughly enjoyed the banter which included the shapes of heads not matching the shapes of hats.

Fantome
12th Oct 2013, 20:09
. . . . .. . he's a hoot alright . . . and Irish . . .tho' there's no trace of that in the accent.

once you've got your monologue off pat, it's money for old rope.

the rope he'd like to see round the neck of Mel Gibson?

coldair
14th Oct 2013, 10:18
I watched all four parts on You tube.

It was interesting to see some members or the group, at the start, looking bored and as time went by they became fascinated by Bill's talk, enjoying his sense of humour and having a visit that they will remember for a long time.

Well done Bill :)