PDA

View Full Version : how can I convert FAA cpl to New Zealand cpl?

lookxian
5th Oct 2013, 05:48
Is there anyone tried before to convert FAA cpl into NZ cpl? If I want to fly charter in NZ, is it necessary for me to hold the NZ cpl?

LeadSled
5th Oct 2013, 06:41
lookxian,
The answer to the first question is: NZ CAA have an excellent web site, and answer individual question promptly.
To the second:Yes.

lookxian
7th Oct 2013, 13:37
thank you my friend!
actually I read the website already.
however the reason for me to post this question is to try to find someone who have been through this process before. and try to get some more detail about how this convertion process.
anyway thank you for your answering buddy.:)

wicks747
8th Oct 2013, 03:46
I think the major time consuming part will be the fit and proper person check that goes along with your licence issue. They will want a criminal record and probably a driver licence record of infringements or permission to access your records from any country you have lived in for more than six months and generally the reports have to be less than 3 months old. As stated above you are best to ring or email the CAA the actually very helpful. Also herd rumors that a box of chocolates in the envelope with all the forms can speed things up but I've never tried it.

lookxian
8th Oct 2013, 08:40
the rumor sounds so funny. thank you for your information.:ok:
by the way. I read from the website that I should bring my log book with me. Is there any documnet necessary for me to bring from my present CAA authority? for example time certificate or something from my present CAA to prove that how much time I have

27/09
9th Oct 2013, 03:50
I read from the website that I should bring my log book with me. Is there any documnet necessary for me to bring from my present CAA authority? for example time certificate or something from my present CAA to prove that how much time I have

Isn't that what your logbook is for? :ugh: At least it is in this part of the world.

Ralis
9th Oct 2013, 10:41
I deal with this type of request all the time

Read the overseas pilot recognition info below
http://www.caa.govt.nz/pilots/Flight_Crew_Recognition_Info.pdf

Main things
Do you have 250hrs PIC commercial ops
Do you meet the requirements of AC 61-5
Send your logbook to ASL (info on their site) for assessment, they will inform of (if any) additional training required.
Current Class 1 NZ Medical
If all is a go then its a law exam and flight test.
As said above check directly with CAA regarding criminal and transport checks.

PM me if you need any further help on this matter.

lookxian
9th Oct 2013, 14:37
some of the authority would request for the previous seviceed CAA authority send certain approve material. they want to find out is there any unsafe record.

lookxian
9th Oct 2013, 14:38
thank you Ralis