PDA

View Full Version : Cabri down in NZ.

Kiwi500
3rd Oct 2013, 09:36
Apparently 2 okay though.....something good from something bad!

RVDT
3rd Oct 2013, 09:41
Seems like a G2 tipped over in Un Zud.

NZ Herald (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11134306)

3 News TV (http://www.3news.co.nz/Helicopter-crash-in-North-Canterbury/tabid/423/articleID/315730/Default.aspx)

Not a lot of info as yet.

skadi
4th Oct 2013, 07:31
even the M/R blades are still attached...

skadi

HeliHenri
4th Oct 2013, 07:58
The latest news :

"The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has spoken to the pilot and understands that the student pilot had initiated a manoeuvre and was "in difficulty when the instructor took over". "This quick action likely prevented a more serious accident," a CAA spokesman said."

Helicopter instructor praised for quick actions - National - NZ Herald News (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11134760)

topendtorque
4th Oct 2013, 12:19
Sounds like the poor buggers are having a higher accident rate that Robinson's.. Wonder how long before VF starts rubbishing them as well?

pilot and apprentice
4th Oct 2013, 12:56
Glad I wasn't the first to have to say it.

9Aplus
4th Oct 2013, 13:11
Must agree with HH
this was G2 Crash(worthiness) test passed, again :ok:

cattletruck
4th Oct 2013, 13:29
The article implies student error and the instructor didn't react quick enough. Can't blame the machine for that.

topendtorque
6th Oct 2013, 11:37
A couple of edits here, what's the problem, can't we ask a humble question about an accident anymore?

cheers tet

The thread is about a Cabri crash. Your 'humble question' was in response to an OT rant about an R44 crash photo, and nothing to do with this thread or the topic.

SP

MartinCh
7th Oct 2013, 10:41
after they fixed the issue with the carb float or whatever was the cause of power recovery auto practice turning fulldown for real (and I'm told FIRST HAND, damn easy in G2 compared to 22, which I've done, but have no personal experience of G2 myself), haven't 'heard' of any other design issue.

Those few crashes were human error/misjudgement etc and again, the aiframe is built meeting/exceeding the latest EASA crashworthiness standards. I'd rather be instructing in G2 or S300 instead of R22/44 myself, but it's what it is.

EDIT: Wondering if I get 'praise' for letting student wrecking the helicopter with me onboard. I've been close to that too many times for my comfort in R22 flying left seat and learned the virtue of not taking 'balling up attempt' or overspeed/underspeed efforts personally anymore. Shame the G2 isn't replacing S300 or complementing R22 training as fast as we'd all desire.

HeliHenri
7th Oct 2013, 12:21
Shame the G2 isn't replacing S300 or complementing R22 training as fast as we'd all desire.

Hello Martin,

The Cabri G2 production rate is increasing but the biggest difficulty is to find qualified people to keep the same hight production quality.

RVDT
7th Oct 2013, 17:12
HH,

You seem to have "inside knowledge".

How much is done in France? Are there many sub-suppliers apart from the obvious?

HeliHenri
8th Oct 2013, 09:40
Hello RVDT,

From the outside view, there are around 150 sub-contractors mostly French.