PDA

View Full Version : BA TRC information

antonio arteaga
2nd Oct 2013, 10:41
hi there
Would like info about BA TRC. I need information about training, responsibilities, salary supplement. I am coordinator in Spain and started working with BA. My impression British turn around are more complex, and attach great importance to flight safety, which is not bad. Are they above the crew, is the highest authority in turn around?

Where can i get TRC manual? Quick reference , or something like that
Thanks in advance

Bigbluebroxi
4th Oct 2013, 19:08
Hi

Im a former BA TRC for a handling agent. The salary was really low and in no way reflected the responsibility put on the role.

The role is about ensuring safety and driving the turn to ensure OTP. BA have a lot of rules regarding both. It can be a very demanding position.

I understand that the same position at LHR, where people are emplyed by BA themself, is called a Turnround Manager and actually pays a fairly decent salary in comparison to what handling agents pay. I dont think BA emply their own staff anywhere outwith London though.

I really enjoyed this position, and it helped me quite a lot to learn more about the industry and progress on to other things.

If you have any more specific questions ask away.

antonio arteaga
6th Oct 2013, 17:07
Where can i get TRC Quick reference , or something like that?

e195-001
9th Oct 2013, 17:49
For BA its CLC (Centralised Load Control) who do all the Loadsheets (load plans etc) for BA.
TRC handle the jetties, and when to load everything onto the aircraft.

e195