PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Distance Learning - 10% Classroom attendence

Sharmanat0r
30th Sep 2013, 12:23
Hi all,

My apologies if this has been answered before, but if I to do the ATPL theory exams via distance learning, would I be able to attend classroom revision courses in another country to conform to the the 10% that needs to be sat in the classroom?

For example, I am in the UK, but would like to go to Australia and study for them while there, would this be possible?

I am doing a spot of travelling and have got a nice job offer in oz which would go a long way in training costs

Thank you very much :)

Jawzyjawz
1st Oct 2013, 09:54
Hi,

I am currently abroad in Asia with my Bristol Ground School folders and DVD for 3 months. As I work through the course and do the quizzes and progress tests on the laptop, I connect to the internet every now and then to sync my details to update my progress with Bristol's servers. I have booked my Ground School in Cheddar and as far as I know, no complications have arisen so far. Due to being connected with the company, they are able to sign me off for the ATPL Theory Exams as they have proof of my studies due to the tests that I have to complete before attending the ground school.

Hope that helps and good luck :ok:

furball_t
1st Oct 2013, 10:25
In my opinion this is not the best way to learn how to be a pilot but it is the actual trend. :uhoh: (www.angelflight.org.au)

paco
1st Oct 2013, 10:50
The 10% needs to be done in an approved classroom, meaning approved for that course and school. You can only do what you propose if your school has a satellite base in that country.

There is no law that says when that consolidation may be taken, so maybe you could take it before you go? Your school may have their own ideas, although we are flexible on that point.