PDA

View Full Version : Flight Lieutenant Alistair 'Al' Graham sadly passed away

ljgraham
29th Sep 2013, 21:00
I am sad to post that our Dad, Alistair Al Graham passed away on the 15th of September aged 56.
He was an apprentice at Halton worked on 47 and 70 squadron as well as working on the VC10's and latterly for NATO in GK.

His funeral will take place on Tuesday the 8th of October, at St Michaels Church in Lyneham at approx 10.30am. This will be followed by lunch at the School House Hotel, Hook, Wooton Basset, SN4 8EF.

NutLoose
29th Sep 2013, 23:08
My sincere condolences to you and your family as this most trying time.

TMK1
29th Sep 2013, 23:55
I flew with Al many times on the 10 and latterly used to bump into him every year at RIAT. A tragic loss and my condolences to the family at this most difficult time. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the funeral as I am down-route, but as the sun sets on Ascension Island I will raise a glass to his memory.

fergineer
30th Sep 2013, 06:26
Sad loss knew Al from his and my Lyneham days

The Curator
30th Sep 2013, 13:38
I knew Al from my days on the VC10.
The only thing I can say is that I hope his end was both exceptionally quick and painless. I am led to believe that the wearing of uniform is optional.
I shall be there. My condolences to His family.
David

eng007
30th Sep 2013, 15:05
I am very sadden to hear this and my condolences to the Family at this time. I knew Al very well through our time at GK and his time at Waddington as well as the many conferences we attended. He was an excellent engineer and always willing to help anybody. I will be unable to attend on the 8th but will be thinking of him
Colin

gilderoy lockhart
30th Sep 2013, 17:43
Really sad to hear of Al's passing. I didn't know Al well but worked at Lyneham and Brize as an FE at the same time. He always came across as a decent and gentle man who was always interested in what you had to say.
Sincere Condolences,
MB

SuctionBoost
30th Sep 2013, 18:50
I'm sorry to hear of your loss and was shocked with this news. I worked with Al for a short time at Lyneham; he was a decent and honourable man. You have my condolences at this difficult time.

uncle peter
30th Sep 2013, 18:56
Flew with Al many, many times. A gentleman through and through. Sincere condolences to you and your family. I too will raise a glass on the 8 th. Desperately sad news.

ksimboy
30th Sep 2013, 21:22
A sad loss to the diminishing ex "k" fleet. Flew with Al many times. A real gentleman. R I P

12 twists per inch
30th Sep 2013, 21:35
Was Al's GE on quite a few VC10 trips and he always kept me amused - normally with GK and 707 tales! A true gent and I am certainly proud to have known him. Rest with the other gauge watchers in the sky mate.

Dengue_Dude
1st Oct 2013, 19:53
My sincere condolences to family and friends.

smujsmith
1st Oct 2013, 22:54
Respect to Al and sincere condolences to you and your family. As an ex Halton brat and long time Albert man I am saddened by the passing of yet another comrade.

Smudge

carlos755
1st Oct 2013, 23:29
Hi, sorry to hear about your dad I worked with him at Lyneham hears ago, good bloke. I think at one point he was interested in coming to NZ onto the C-130Hs. My condolences, Carl.

Vasco Sodcat
2nd Oct 2013, 12:42
Sincere condolences to the family of a professional and much-valued former colleague.

WildRover
16th Oct 2013, 03:37
Didn't know him - knew of him. A very sad loss indeed.

In fact my brother informed me of the loss on FB - very surprised he knew him too.

Condolences to your family.