PDA

View Full Version : King Air 90 brakes

Kapitankomar
28th Sep 2013, 19:18
Hello Everyone,

I have question about using brakes in King Air 90, Do you have some technique? Last time after landing I saw a little smoke from left brake and I am wondering if I made something wrong. I try to use brake in pulse technique.

silverknapper
28th Sep 2013, 19:35
It doesn't have anti skid. Did you lock up?

Apart from parking it's very rarely most people use a king air brakes, never heard any issues.

Kapitankomar
28th Sep 2013, 19:40
No, i didn't

AZAV8R
28th Sep 2013, 22:23
Not sure what a "pulse technique" is...but brakes should be applied smoothly. It's better for the brakes and more comfortable for the passengers. As has been said...for the most part, brakes on a TP are for parking. Beta and reverse are very effective and provide the least wear and tear on the equipment. More care must be exercised when using beta and reverse on unimproved surfaces, but it is still more effective than heavy wheel braking.

The most important thing to do on a C90 following a brake change is to conduct a proper brake "burn in"....consult the MM.

ahramin
29th Sep 2013, 03:06
Proper brake technique for a 90 would be to rarely use them :). However if you do there's nothing to worry about, no "pulsing technique" required. Be smooth, don't lock the wheels up (though little chance of this with the big 90 tires). If you get some smoke from a brake something is definitely not normal, and not caused by any braking technique. Could be hydraulic fluid from a leak.