PDA

View Full Version : Another imbecile learns an expensive lesson

onetrack
24th Sep 2013, 13:41
Good to see the judge in this case taking a hard line against this moronic thug. I trust every airline around, makes him walk in future - for all time.

It's a credit to the CC that they took so much crap from this imbecile without severe retaliation.
If any thug spat in my face, I'm afraid I would have trouble restraining myself from breaking a number of bones in his face.
The problem is whether he'll learn anything from the 4 mths in the clink, anyway - seeing as he still reckons the response by the Red Rat was a huge over-reaction. :ugh:

Prison for drunk Qantas passenger - The West Australian (http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/19091756/prison-for-drunk-qantas-passenger/)

Buttscratcher
24th Sep 2013, 15:29
QANTAS Freight is looking a whole lot more attractive!

Jabawocky
24th Sep 2013, 22:50
A 10 year ban from flying might be a good idea too. QF/VA group airlines should share a moron list and refuse to carry them.

Waste of O2 some folk.

Wally Mk2
25th Sep 2013, 00:33
Rage, it's an ever increasing state of mind these days in our society (road rage is prolific!) & we are seeing more & more of it aboard an Airliner. Daily there's someone that's angry, upset or obviously has an agenda on their minds & mostly they are 'contained' within the airline's own system for dealing with these events but this event is typical of a lot of people's capabilities on every flight & am gladdened to see that the law for a change has acted accordingly.

Lets hope this young fella now has time to pause, reflect upon his actions whilst he is kept from societies good folk out there, Like Jabba:ok:

Wmk2

Centaurus
25th Sep 2013, 01:20
Back in the Eighties, Air Nauru had a "recalcitrant" Pacific islander from Kiribati sticking his hands up the skirts of the air hostesses. The trip was Hong Kong to Taipei. The air hostesses were also Pacific islanders and very shy

The captain marched down the back and confronted the bloke and told him that not only would he be off-loaded at Taipei but the police had been notified to haul him from the 727 and torture him as well. The bloke pulled his head in for the rest of the flights to Nauru.

I read also that on another occasion in another airline a passenger was getting out of control so the captain sent the flight engineer down the back to sort it. The F/E took one of those old fashioned Co2 fire extinguisher bottles with him that had a long bell shaped nozzle like a blunderbuss. He shoved the nozzle into the face of the baddie and threatened to pull the trigger. No problem after that. :ok:

The moral of those stories is that sometimes you have to create a crisis to fix a crisis

Jabawocky
25th Sep 2013, 06:04
Should be more of it Centaurus :ok:

joprato
25th Sep 2013, 06:57
"The captain marched down the back and confronted the bloke and told him that not only would he be off-loaded at Taipei but the police had been notified to haul him from the 727 and torture him as well. The bloke pulled his head in for the rest of the flights to Nauru."

love it ! :ok:
I wish i could do the same to some pax on my plane sometimes, but i am just a little FO...

waren9
25th Sep 2013, 07:18
agreed there should be but if you did that nowadays you'd lose your job

Mach E Avelli
25th Sep 2013, 07:56
Dumping all that good fuel because of some yobbo was rather wasteful of non-renewable energy. There is no way some f..kwit of this calibre will ever raise 40 grand to compensate the red rat for loss of fuel. And even if he does, it hardly meets the true cost of such a disruption.

My preferred action would have been to have him restrained, then arrested on arrival at his Asian destination. Making a PA calling for volunteers would have had him hogtied in a flash - especially if the pax had been told that the alternative was a diversion. No doubt with some judicious application of boots (no one saw that did they?).

I bet such an offence in Japan or Singapore or most other enlightened places would attract jail time more like four years than four months.

Nervous about being re-united with his ex or whatever, blah blah - what a crap defence, but it will work. He will be out in a month on good behaviour and have a great Facebook profile with his moronic mates.

Wally Mk2
25th Sep 2013, 08:13
'centy' couldn't agree with you more there re the crisis bit but as has been kinda mentioned already such an act would escalate the whole event alright against you! (not you per say 'Centy')
In 2day's judicial world where the crim has more rights than any victim especially in out pathetic system means that these fools know they will only get a slap on the wrist, that's the sad part really.
As a Capt am sure most would love to drop this fool off in another 'correct' country where justice will be swift but this guys lawyers (who would most likely be free at tax payers expense) would jump up & down saying why didn't you divert to an Australian port?

Remember the law is there to protect the criminals first, law abiding citizens are just getting in the way!:ugh:

Wmk2

Hydromet
25th Sep 2013, 08:24
No doubt with some judicious application of boots (no one saw that did they?).
Saw what????

25th Sep 2013, 11:50
CAR 309 and 309A should be used more often and have the backing of the courts.

kabukiman
26th Sep 2013, 04:53
new legislation to eject such pax from the aircraft in flight should be drawn up

Anthill
26th Sep 2013, 06:53
No one saw that, did they?

Yes, it was plain to all witnesses present that he assaulted me by striking my knuckles with his teeth and then bashed me on the knee with his testicles.

BreakNeckSpeed
26th Sep 2013, 09:40
I'd imagine you mean a scenario like this one Anthill...:ouch:

http://www.kevinwebb22.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/orville-smith-marines-best-buy-police-report.jpg

18-Wheeler
26th Sep 2013, 20:33
^^ fake sorry ^^
snopes.com: Stabbed Marine (http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/stabbedmarine.asp)

Capetonian
26th Sep 2013, 21:03
^^ fake sorry ^^
What a pity.

Propstop
26th Sep 2013, 21:29
The curb was very high; should have been posted with warning signs as per OSH requirements :E

DX Wombat
26th Sep 2013, 22:12
There is, however, a true story about a well known drunk who decided a warm, comfy bed in hospital might be nice. He headed for the local one where the staff were treated to his drunken bad manners. Two gentlemen in white coats advised him to calm down so he took a swing at one of them. A most unfortunate mistake as the two in white coats were two gentlemen from a certain Herefordshire military establishment and there to do a first aid type course. The reaction from these two was purely reflex and the drunk was decked. He got his nice warm bed for the night but no peace as he would have been on hourly head injury observations.