PDA

View Full Version : Croatian Civil Aviation Agency - Permit Issues

TWOTBAGS
20th Sep 2013, 09:43
Ok PPrune land we need to tap your cumulative experience.

Currently one of our non-eu jets is on a round the world charter, so far stops in 11 countries and countless overflights, a particular ME based company is doing our overflights and landing permits and we have had nothing but exemplary service and not a problem to date..... until Croatia.

Plan was LDDU but its all turning pear shaped, here is one excerpt from CCAA......

the AIR OPERATOR'S CERTIFICATE referenced XXXXX, issued in favour of the air carrier of XXXXXX, hereinafter referred to as "XXX", is not acceptable because . . .

- . . . it has not been issued in accordance with the Annex 6 (Operation of Aircraft), Part I (International Commercial Air Transport - Aeroplanes) to the Convention on International Civil Aviation, signed at Chicago, on 7 December 1944, hereinafter referred to as "the Chicago Convention", namely the provisions of App 6-1 and App 6-2 of Appendix 6 thereto (Air Operator Certificate), with the specifications, the terms and the conditions of operation being referenced only to the pertinent national legislation of the XXXXXXX but not to the pertinent international legislation legally binding the XXXXXXX and the Republic of Croatia, namely "the Chicago Convention",

Honestly are they for real??? No really.... its good for everyone else, issued by a first world ICAO state, even the Indians did not blink.....

This is only part of it, they requested our TSP so it can be "scrutinized by the appropriate office of the Croatian Civil Avition Agency"

All this and a myriad of other rubbish......

We operate numerous jets world wide in commercial operations, now the Burmese and Vietnamese are picky and they clear you with the exact route you have to fly..... but event the Angolans and Indians are not this bent.

Has anyone else had this trouble with the Croatians.....

Any advice other than "enjoy Corfu" which was my recommendation to the pax?

saab340ryder
20th Sep 2013, 21:19
Rather try with Tivat/LYTV instead, 1.5h by car to Dubrovnik :)

Cak
24th Sep 2013, 13:52
Unfortunatelly, they are real bunch of idiots in Croatian CAA. Most of them employed without any experience or education in aviation, mostly lawyers, economists, some ex pilots (these are the worst). Now when they grabed some "high positions" over there, they think that they are at the top of the world and hardly can happen that someone succeed to convince them that they are wrong. And the worst thing is that you cannot complain to anyone. The only way is to know specific appendixes, annexes, conventions, laws etc. very, very good. To be veeeery persitent and to show them exactly where in documentation is something written.

Now imagine that you are living in Croatia and flying with their license. An unforgetable experience and never ending story :ugh:

As Saab340 said, Tivat is an option and is really very near to LDDU, but you should then maybe check if there are some visas required.

Hello from Croatia!

Clandestino
1st Oct 2013, 20:44
Honestly are they for real???

Most of the time they are trying to be surreal.

Appendix 6-2 of Annex 6 they mentioned refers to AOC template. Did at least they explicitly state what the heck was unacceptable to them and yet acceptable to the rest of the world or all you got from them is "we find it unacceptable and you have to guess why"?

Has anyone else had this trouble with the Croatians.....

Similar but not quite the same.

dc9-32
2nd Oct 2013, 09:52
Mmmmm I never have any problems with Croatia CAA and most the flights I deal with are non standard.