PDA

View Full Version : LPE issue

Matthijs-R
18th Sep 2013, 12:55
Does anyone else have the same issue with the UK CAA:

I have UK issued pilot licenses. Recently I did a LPE test with a Dutch authorized language assessment body. The result after the test was level 6. Filled out all the paperwork enclosed with a copy of the certificate and a copy of certificate of the Dutch CAA saying that they approve the institute as an official assessment body. So far so good.
Until I received a message that the UK CAA does not accept the LPE. ???? what? We are now under JAA/EASA not? Still countries come up with different bureaucratic rules.

The strange thing is in this case is: When I convert my current license to the Dutch CAA, the Dutch CAA writes level 6 in my license. If I decide to convert it back to the UK for any reason, the UK CAA accepts the license including the level 6. Which they don’t not approve now, do you understands this…. They even told me that the rule was set up from a higher level, and that they agree it is stupid.:ugh:

Does anyone else experience the same difficulty? Instead of making things easier, they make is more difficult.