PDA

View Full Version : Part 66/145 etc etc.

Jabawocky
18th Sep 2013, 04:31
Seems that if you read Jeff Boyds contribution on Page 6, he subscribes to the Jaba "sub contract the Kiwi's' theory.

Enjoy
http://www.aviationtrader.com.au/wp-content/post_images/PDFs/05013C09-2.pdf

And you will see my recent comments about engine shops are fears held by others. :sad:

LeadSled
18th Sep 2013, 06:24
Jaba,
As does a majority of the aviation community, and they have done for years.

The first reference I ever saw, suggesting that going the US way in regulation was the way to go was in the "Minister for Aviation's Annual Report to Parliament on the Operation of the Air Navigation Act" in 1966.

A poll done by the then Director of Aviation Safety at CASA, in 1997, with a very wide ranging response, was 100% in favour of the "FAA Way".

But, since when did what the industry need to become both "safe" and a sustainable industry, or Government policy, or Productivity Commission recommendations, or the supposedly mandatory requirements of the Office of Best Practice Regulation count, compared to the bureaucratic convenience of our "masters of the iron ring".

Said bureaucratic convenience meshing nicely with the general cultural thrust of the recently deceased Labor government, and Canberra in general, that all wisdom and knowledge resides in Canberra, and the feral hordes outside the borders of the ACT need the firm control control of a central government to mandatorily (is that a word) guide their every waking (and sleeping) moment -- with strict liability criminal penalties for non-adherence to such benevolent guidance.

thorn bird
18th Sep 2013, 07:44
Which is why Leadie most of our aviation business is moving across the Tasman. I'm already learning to say sux instead of six!!

Hasherucf
18th Sep 2013, 08:11
Attended the AEA meeting in Brisbane recently and there was some hot debate about training schools . It seems even if you have done a Cert IV in Aeroskills at two popular QLD based TAFE's they don't have licencing outcomes. In addition you cant transfer to Avaition Australia as CASA wont recognise the Cert IV.

Further more its out of the 4 places you can get Part 147 approved training the Sydney one is closing its doors and the Perth one has its lost funding .

Hopefully this isn't all true. Haven't met any GA engineers actually licenced through the new scheme..... Maybe I don't get out enough

LeadSled
18th Sep 2013, 08:58
Thornbird,
Get yourself a NZ CAA AOC, including TTMRA privileges, and operate to your heart's content in Australia, without CASA's micro-management.
Save money, save the agro, and just generally get on with business.

Up-into-the-air
20th Nov 2013, 01:16
From the Senate estimates [18th November 2013]:

Mr. McCormick: But, as I have said before, if any organisation feels that this is happening, they can bring it to my attention, they can bring it to the Industry Complaints Commissioner—they can bring it to anybody in CASA as far as that goes—and it will be resolved by both standards and our operations divisions. The issues around inspectors—yes, we are taking action in some areas on that. As I said, that is an education issue and a control issue for us. Senate hearing, CASA and Part 145 ? Engineering Services | Assistance to the Aviation Industry (http://vocasupport.com/?p=2475)

TBM-Legend
20th Nov 2013, 02:37
We've got the blind leading the deaf here!

Engineer_aus
21st Nov 2013, 11:10
This is what happens when CASA lets the industry self regulate itself. ie here are the regs which we will leave you to interpret and we will come back and say if you are doing it right or wrong. That is what should be asked.