PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Reactivating Oz ATPL

tpad
14th Sep 2013, 07:17
Morning All

Last used Oz ATPL back in '91, for Compass Mk1. Need to get it current. Anybody been through the drama lately? Need to know what is required. Medical ? Law Paper ? TTRM sufficient ?( Current NZ ATPL )

( No, of course not, ... I hate it when it does that )

PM me if preferred please. Any guidance much appreciated.

Regards Tpad

pcx
14th Sep 2013, 08:48
Aus medical.
Flight review if you only want to fly VFR.
Instrument rating renewal if IFR. Test will essentially be the same as an initial issue, but no requirement for any theory exams.
All the above assuming you have an Aus issued ATPL with instrument rating and not some sort of validation (or whatever it may have been called at the time) issued on the basis of your overseas licence.

Tinstaafl
14th Sep 2013, 16:21
What about the useless AVID/ASIC? Won't one of those be required to be held, too?

By George
14th Sep 2013, 21:30
Interesting to see you coming back from a NZ ATPL. I've recently gone the other way, Aus ATPL to NZ ATPL. The paper work to meet the NZ 'Fit and Proper Person' requirements was enough to fell a forest. Federal and Commonwealth Police reports, traffic history, previous addresses for the last ten years, countries visited etc etc.
I've been told that The Department of Changing Names will credit the NZ IR Rating on a 'once only' basis to the Aussie one.
The NZ CAA were a pleasure to deal with.

forever flying
15th Sep 2013, 03:00
What about the useless AVID/ASIC? Won't one of those be required to be held, too?Not unless it's a company requirement...(which it would be, most likely company provided).

It will be required to exercise the privileges of any Australian flight crew licence.

DeltaT
15th Sep 2013, 07:25
As per what PCX said.
If you already have the Oz licence issued, the NZ licence and currency thereof has no further bearing on it. Though I would be interested to see if you can talk CASA into letting you do just a normal Oz IR renewal as opposed to an IR Initial on the basis of another licence. (This is what JAR/EASA allow)
Also see if you can save some pennies using a sim. You didn't say what aircraft you are using. I see this newly operating sim (http://aviaaircraft.com.au/simulator/) can do Multi Piston and is certified to be used for renewals.