PDA

View Full Version : NPPL In France 2013?

Flying_Anorak
10th Sep 2013, 22:19
Hi,

Possibly a question for Beagle, but can anyone put me straight on this as seemingly the CAA & NPPL at Turweston can't...?!

I have an NPPL (SSEA) to which I've now added an SLMG difference. I used to fly off an NPPL medical, but now have a CAA Class 2. I'm planning to fly my G109 to the Alps this weekend so a few weeks ago I spoke to the BGA about this who referred me to the NPPL website. This states:-

Q Can I fly a UK registered SLMG outside the UK with an NPPL SLMG rating?
A Yes, providing that your NPPL SLMG rating is ICAO compliant. Ever since the NPPL SLMG was introduced, holders of the NPPL SLMG rating who wish to fly UK registered SLMG's outside the UK have been able to apply to have their licence endorsed as ICAO compliant providing they have an EASA or JAR Class 2 or JAR Class 1 medical certificate and can demonstrate the ICAO required 40 hours of experience.

Please apply directly to CAA Personnel Licensing at CAA by writing a letter explaining that you would like your NPPL SLMG endorsed as ICAO compliant. You will need to supply a copy of your licence, evidence of 40 hours experience including the NPPL SLMG training course, a copy of your EASA or JAR Class 1 or 2 medical and payment (previously £38).

So, armed with this I contacted the CAA who after I spoke to a Licensing Officer, said he'd never heard of this and that if I sent this to them they wouldn't know what to do and could not endorse my NPPL as ICAO compliant. He asked me where this came from and checking the BGA website, it seems to stem from LASORS 2010 (Section C6 page 24). Ah says the man from the CAA - this has now been replaced (CAP804) and is no longer valid.

So, anyone know what if anything I have to do to get my NPPL endorsed as ICAO compliant?

Cheers,

Paul.

patowalker
11th Sep 2013, 06:16
https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/dossier/aicfrancea/AIC_A_2010_13_EN.pdf

Whopity
13th Sep 2013, 16:30
ANO Schedule 7:

Privileges and conditions:
(1) Subject to paragraphs (2) to (8) the holder of the licence is entitled to fly as pilot in
command of any SSEA, microlight aeroplane or SLMG for which a class rating is
included in the licence.

Flight outside the United Kingdom

(2) The holder may not fly:

(b) such a SLMG in or over the territory of a Contracting State other than the United
Kingdom except in accordance with a permission granted by the competent
authority of that State provided that the holder may fly a SLMG outside the
United Kingdom if the licence includes a SLMG rating and a medical certificate
appropriate for such a flight.