PDA

View Full Version : Prism Helicopters into Receivership

KiwiNedNZ
8th Sep 2013, 00:59
Heard that Prism Helicopters in Canada has been put into receivership. Hope thats not the case as have a lot of friends flying there. Knew things were tough in AK and CA this year.

inmate
8th Sep 2013, 17:23
Yes word on the street is they have scurried back across the boarder, left their clients high and dry. Aircraft back in Wasilla.
Most here are not sorry to see them go

nomorehelosforme
8th Sep 2013, 17:40
Assets scurried back across the border no doubt!

RotorPoler
8th Sep 2013, 18:52
You know, inmate's post above really grates me. There a few behaviours as distasteful as gleefully dancing on the grave of someone going through a hard time.

A lot of crews are probably out of work right now - when one company goes through this you can bet there will be more. Why we in VFR feel the need to act this way is beyond me. Bristow Alaska is rumoured to have informed employees and clients that they're closing doors in Alaska this week as well, with nary a peep from anyone on this forum.

When two companies in Alaska are forced to close their doors we should all take pause - this is a comment on the state of the industry, not necessarily the state of any operator.

Remarks about scurrying across the border and not being sorry to see them go? Not very classy. I hope you get better treatment when you fall on hard times, Mr. inmate.

cragman
8th Sep 2013, 21:10
I completely agree. It's the crews and their families I feel for. The financial commitment alone to become a pilot is a hard enough pill to swallow. Hearing news like this is sobering to say the least.

Fun Police
8th Sep 2013, 21:58
i had heard that Abitibi Helicopters was in a very similar vessel but could not find anything to corroborate the rumour. anyone heard anything about that?

it's tough news to hear about tough seasons costing guys their livelyhoods. good luck to them.

OP; that you Russ??

inmate
8th Sep 2013, 22:49
Firstly Alaska works for the most part on a seasonal basis, the season is over here and no crews will be anymore hurt than they would be working for anybody else in the state.

If you knew the history you would know that this company came into Alaska on the shirttails of an already established Alaskan operator (thankyou NAFTA) and who has now taken back his company which, hopefully will regain its reputation for being a good utility operator.

So all we lost was a Canadian operator in Alaska, if the"crews" are worth their salt on a line then they will be employed next season.

And yes Im still dancing, have a nice day.

hammerhead70
8th Sep 2013, 23:39
Clearly, you are the one who is missing the point here inmate! The original post says: "Heard that Prism Helicopters in Canada has been put into receivership."
Your comments are just a pitiful statement about yourself, nothing more. Insecure, immature and scared of competition comes to mind.

Keep dancing on the cost of others and I can assure you, your downfall is going to hurt a lot more when the time comes.

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Trubble
9th Sep 2013, 21:29
If you knew the history you would know that this company came into Alaska on the shirttails of an already established Alaskan operator (thankyou NAFTA) and who has now taken back his company which, hopefully will regain its reputation for being a good utility operator.

Obviously "inmate" has been living under a rock. to make the statement above simply displays his ignorance as anyone whom has been inside the doors at Soloy knows that he leases aircraft and gets parts from "MUSTANG a CANADIAN COMPANY". SO I STATE THAT SOLOY IS DOING NOTHING DIFFERENT THAN WHAT HE DID BEFORE WHEN HE WAS IN BED WITH PRISM HELICOPTERS LTD.
The only difference is that i Doubt mustang is as trusting as the ownership at prism was.

heliduck
10th Sep 2013, 03:38
I'm confused, is it Prism or Soloy that's in receivership? Given that Soloy have lost 2 x B3e's to accidents recently I wouldn't be surprised if it was them.

SuperF
10th Sep 2013, 11:43
as long as the machines were insured, i would think if you had two B3's crash recently, then you would have quite a bit of cash in the bank??

heliduck
11th Sep 2013, 00:38
Cash in the bank doesn't move the customers drills, & the customer pays the bills when the helicopter moves the drills.

369fff
22nd Nov 2013, 03:39
This is the first time I've actually signed up for a forum after I read this bull****, just another arrogant prick.Worth their salt?? Come to Canada where pilots from all over the world want to come to learn how to fly from people who like to share knowledge so that we can have a excellent, long, safe career, not a bunch of firkin cowboys who tell ever one how good they think they are!!!.if you had any clue about the Alaska company that prism came in and helped recover then you may have a tiny bit of substance to talk about, until then keep flyin your blade mcx 300RTF, LOOSER

Rotorbee
22nd Nov 2013, 13:49
Oh boy. I don't think our highly respected moderator will accept your post. PPrune is a rumor network. In this thread a rumor was discussed. So far so good. In this forum, in contrast to other pilot forums, if we want to survive as members, we all have to go out to let of steam, before we post. Calling names and such things, is not accepted. That's what makes this forum so extremely good.
You'll see, as soon as you edit your post (or Senior Pilot slaps you fingers to do so) my post will disappear, to keep it a clean thread (done by Senior Pilot, as he has done before. No objections).
If you come up with some information, that could help us to understand what really happened, that would be much more helpfull.
:ok:

22nd Nov 2013, 15:47
No Rotorbee, virtual handbags is much more fun to see:ok:

piper-6
22nd Nov 2013, 17:12
As for Bristow in Alaska. They have informed their employees that the company will close all Alaskan operations as soon as each contract runs out.

The main contract is the Alyeska Pipeline contract and those Bristow employees will be paid until May 31 with severance pay added on and a bonus for staying on the contract to the end.

The company (Bristow) is looking for a buyer to take over all the aircraft and facilities in Alaska. That buyer is then free to bid on the Alyeska contract.

Unemployment here we come.

cyclic
22nd Nov 2013, 17:34
I think you will find that is Loser....:ok:

CropDusterMan
22nd Nov 2013, 22:46
I have seen a bunch of MD 500's for sale on Controllers website, so it looks as though they must be selling off the fleet...never a good thing to see a company go south.

Helilog56
24th Nov 2013, 04:09
Nice to see constructive insight and expert opinion from classy individuals on this thread ....I really like too read the input that comes from overseas...:uhoh: