PDA

View Full Version : ANR HEADSET IN A320 COCKPIT

TCASWOOP
7th Sep 2013, 17:08
Hi Guys,
don't know if it is the right place for this post, if not apologises.
Do you have ANR headsets experience in the bus cockpit ?
If yes what headsets are best efficients ?
Any idea how many Db in the A320 cockpit, especialy old models ?

compressor stall
10th Sep 2013, 14:27
Whatever you get for personal use, please reconnect the standard headset after your flight. Nothing worse than getting all seated, belted in comfy and then ready to go,only to find you have to get up again to plug in the headset..... Leave it like you found it

ahramin
11th Sep 2013, 00:21
I use the Telex Ascend in the bus, works brilliantly.

Dan Winterland
11th Sep 2013, 02:06
In our aviation authority, the headsets are part of the certified equipment. Use of any other type is not allowed. Check first.

salsaboy
14th Sep 2013, 12:17
You can't reach the plug from your seat? Hmmm...

I do, however, agree that leaving the company headset unplugged is not very sportsmanlike and can make one feel a little peeved!

Measured db level recently (albeit on an iPad app) and it hit 80db in the cruise.

I was told that engineering (at our airline at least) will 'approve' or 'certify' your own headset for use in the flight deck.

Therefore I am interested in any answers to the OP...

compressor stall
21st Sep 2013, 12:16
You can't reach the plug from your seat? Hmmm...

Yes I can reach it, but it does put strain on one's back trying to twist around whilst seated, align the plug and push it in. :hmm:

WhyByFlier
21st Sep 2013, 13:48
It's between 75-80db in the a320 flight deck.

Check Airman
21st Sep 2013, 14:59
Measured db level recently (albeit on an iPad app) and it hit 80db in the cruise.

Which app did you use?

safelife
21st Sep 2013, 15:12
I recommend the Telex 850 or the Sennheiser 46 ANR headsets.
Both open, light and quiet enough for the A320. And TSO approved.\
The Telex doesn't need batteries.
Be sure to order the right version, some A320 have XLR, some PJ sockets.

LimaFoxTango
22nd Sep 2013, 02:07
Originally Posted by salsaboy

Originally Posted by Check Airman
Which app did you use?

After a bit of googling, I found two. Decibel 10th (free) and Decibel Meter Pro (.99c)

Now I'll go see if the free one works.

4bars
25th Sep 2013, 05:11
I use clarity aloft, works great in the 320. :ok:

ricardo_jg
8th Jan 2014, 03:05
Just what I was about to post:

Taking into account that the headset I want to buy (HMEC 26) is EASA and FAA certified.

EASA released a note allowing CPEDs to be used during all time (in flight mode).

Airbus certifies a very limited number of headsets and its certification is very outdated.

Can my company ban me from use of this headsets in favour of non ANR headsets in the cockpit based on legal aspects? (They can allways ban it on the internal regulations)

Thanks!