PDA

View Full Version : Euro interview question/advice?

B767PL
3rd Sep 2013, 17:55
Hey guys, recently got asked by a company in Europe I have been applying for to submit some documents to them.

Among these are "LPC check" , as well as "recent employer reference, with contact details of referee"

What do they mean by LPC check? Is this a Line Proficiency Check? Or Last Proficiency Check? I have been flying my whole career so far in the United States, and we get nothing after either of those checks, as far as documentation goes. Does anyone know what they are looking for so I can try to get it? This is my first time going through a European interview process as well.

As far as the employer reference, does that sound like they are looking for a supervisor, or just someone you have flown with? Can it be a Line Check Airmen? Or a training Captain? I ask because since I have gotten hired my contact with my Chief Pilot has been very minimal, as if we do nothing wrong, we don't speak to them really. So I am afraid to list them as they barely know me, as I work for a company with 2,500 pilots currently, and am not sure if they would give a positive vibe.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Cheers :ok:

Denti
6th Sep 2013, 17:23
LPC is the license proficiency check. As referee i would first ask your trainers if they are ok with being named as reference to another company and then name them. The chief pilot is probably not the best choice but i have to say i cannot give any better advice here, best to wait for more answer.

artlite
7th Sep 2013, 18:55
I'm happy it's working out for you at last in the Euroland! Good luck!