PDA

View Full Version : Student PPL - What headset?

Ben-Stoke
2nd Sep 2013, 17:00
Not sure where this post belongs?!:S

I'm looking to buy a headset and I've been looking at David Clark headsets and Sennheiser ones. I've heard good reviews on both and I am willing to spend up to £300, I ideally want one which will block the most sound out and you can hear speech through the headset as clear as possible. Oh and as lightweight as possible.

Thanks

RTN11
2nd Sep 2013, 18:52
Buy the David Clarke, you can't go wrong. :ok:

Can anyone tell me which sunglasses and wrist watch to buy? :E :}

Rithalic
2nd Sep 2013, 21:35
Ive used the Sennheiser HMEC 250 which have been great for years. Good noise attenuation active and ok passive. Bunch of features etc and fold flat.

Didnt go for david clark as they seemed quite cumbersome imo.

have a look on ebay though and you might be able to get something by bose for a good deal.

Sunglasses must of course be rayban, big huge aviator ones naturally and watch has to be breitling. ideally expensive enough to require a second mortgage.

Scott C
2nd Sep 2013, 21:40
I went on eBay and bought a Bose Aviation X for about £320 - works perfectly!

Prior to that, I used a Sennheiser HME100 (Special Edition III) without any problems and still keep it in my flight bag as back-up.

heading225
6th Sep 2013, 18:21
I would go David Clarke every time!

Charliedontsurf_83
7th Sep 2013, 06:00
David Clarke hands down! Depends on condition though if used.

southernjock
7th Sep 2013, 14:04
I have a David Clarke (H10-13.4) headset which I have used since qualifying for my PPL and now use them while maintaining currency and hour building. I can highly reccomend them, lightweight, sturdy build, with good sound quality for a decent price. If you shop around you can pick up a set for between £230-£270 with the normal carry case and spares included.

I plan on continuing to used them for my CPL as I consider them a quality headset - don't blow the budget on a headset, save it for the flying!