PDA

View Full Version : cheapest IRME, MEP renewal

pilotecap10
2nd Sep 2013, 14:45
Hi all,
thanks to EASA, in order to renew my IR/ME, I need a valid MEP...or a type rating (give it up!).
So here is my question, where can I find it cheapest.
in poland seems very cheap.
In France (since I'm french) it costs 5000!

thanks for you help

drag king
2nd Sep 2013, 15:56
In France (since I'm french) it costs 5000!

I was quoted pretty much 1/2 of that price in Poland too. I am not in a rush, hopefully I'll find someone keen to fund that at some point but C/Europe might be the way to go...

Bonne chance

Linda Mollison
3rd Sep 2013, 09:10
Sylvain,

Where in EASA does it say that you have to renew your MEP as well as your IR?

Is this a French interpretation of EASA because I am sure that in the UK it is not a requirement to pass an MEP renewal at the same time as renewing your IR.

Edgington
3rd Sep 2013, 10:54
Linda,

Easa Part-FCL says:

For a multi-engine IR(A), the skill test shall be taken in a multi-engine aeroplane. For a single-engine IR(A), the skill test shall be taken in a single-engine aeroplane.

Nothing is said about the revalidation wether it has to be done single or multi engine. But here in Holland they do interpret the revalidation as having to be done on a multi if you want IR/ME.

pipertommy
3rd Sep 2013, 15:02
So you could it be interpreted that ME/IR could be maintained in a SE ????

Linda Mollison
3rd Sep 2013, 16:20
Edginton,

Yes, the IR renewal has to be done in an ME aircraft but you do not need to renew your MEP at the same time.

Pipertommy,

No, if you do the IR renewal in a SE aircraft you only have SE IR privileges (and to start a type rating you need a ME IR).

Midland Transport
3rd Sep 2013, 17:35
I have just been through this. If you want to fly a MEP airplane under IFR in EASA land you have to renew your IR on a MEP aircraft and have a current MEP Class Rating. I had just completed ( 1 month before the expiry of my MEIR) an EASA Type Rating which includes an IR but it is only applicable for the Aircraft Type.
In this example the MEIR renewal is reduced in terms of excerises you have to undertake but you still have to renew the IR on a MEP aircraft. Hope this makes sense

Linda Mollison
3rd Sep 2013, 18:15
Yes, but if all you want is a current IR (because you are hoping for an airline job) but don't want to use it and don't want to fly an MEP aircraft (because you cannot afford to do so) you do not have to renew your MEP as well.

Cobalt
3rd Sep 2013, 22:44
I don't get the high cost quoted.

For both the ME rating itself as well as the IR, to renew under EASA it is training as required, with some recommendations as what that training might be, plus the test.

How could that possibly cost 5000 Euros, unless you are very out of practice and effectively have to do the ME course again?

Flyfede
4th Sep 2013, 13:40
Sorry guys...but this

Easa Part-FCL says:

Quote:
For a multi-engine IR(A), the skill test shall be taken in a multi-engine aeroplane. For a single-engine IR(A), the skill test shall be taken in a single-engine aeroplane.

is for the issue of IR MEP or SEP not RENEWAL!

The renewal or revalidation is done by a Proficiency Check NOT Skill test!
Here in Italy you could performed only the IR ME SP without MEP rating valid (in an FNPT2 example..but normally a renewal is about 2000 € (including 4 hours of sim+aircraft prof check) here.