PDA

View Full Version : MinSheng Intl Jet

goldthop
27th Aug 2013, 13:09
WASINC International (http://www.wasinc.aero/Jobs/ViewJob.aspx?id=3199)

Does anybody know anything about this operator? I've emailed WASINC for more information but have yet to receive a reply.

It doesn't go in to detail on the job description, which for a corporate gig leaves many questions.

Thanks

demon_duck
27th Aug 2013, 14:21
You can't argue with "Word Class Pay and Benefits"

:)

DD

FrankR
27th Aug 2013, 16:06
From what everyone has seen, this is a second or third tier Chinese company.

To rattle off a few problems: they have not started operating yet, and this is always a problem. They only have a few aircraft, and an untrained office staff (Bigger problem). To top it off, their CEO was a huge pain in the A$#@ at his last company, both to the pilots and to senior management. Why would you even consider this place?

BAA is the most pain free, but you live on the mainland and need a CAAC ATPL, and astronaut physical. Hong Kong companies are most all staffed by really really angry western guys, with lots and lots and lots of fighting and "internal struggles" and you pay 16% tax and huge rent. Deerjet treats you like crap unless you are a favorite son.

... the fact that Wasinc hasn't communicated with you should say volumes about Wasinc. Do you think it will get better after you sign up? (not a chance).

FR

gearupflapsupshutup
1st Oct 2013, 13:41
are these boys not changing their name to CITIC?

envoy
1st Oct 2013, 15:10
I heard that Minsheng Banking bought out CITIC GA so that they could start operating jets - in addition to leasing and financing them (a large percentage of mainland aircraft are leased or financed through Minsheng). So unless I have misunderstood, Minsheng Intl Jet is what used to be called CITIC GA.

CITIC GA had modest beginnings in 2006-ish, with a leased Falcon 2000 (s/n 027) then acquiring a Falcon 900DX in 2007. I have no knowledge of what happened after that, other than that their aircraft were on a CAAC (ie. China) AOC. CITIC GA was not a big operation.

Minsheng is clearly going to take advantage of the established AOC, systems and procedures to kickstart their venture into aircraft operations.

One of the handlers in Beijing told me that Minsheng is also involved in the development of a corporate airport in the Beijing area.

SO in answer to the OP's question: Minsheng has lots of money, lots of plans... but do they know what they are doing? It might be best to sit on your hands and watch for a while, unless you are prepared to accept a high degree of risk getting involved at the company's genesis.

Interesting times...

spacecadet
1st Oct 2013, 19:56
Apparently Minshing wont take anybody who has ever flown into Saudi Arabia as the CAAC have blacklisted Saudi along with a few other countries.

FrankR
2nd Oct 2013, 03:00
Billionaires, be they Chinese or otherwise, with grand plans are a common site in aviation. They often leave as quickly as they arrive. Best to cast your lot with those with established track record of operating said aircraft.

There are "B-reg" aircraft flying in Saudi right now, and Chinese owned and managed aircraft based in Saudi...

FR

Vallesan
3rd Oct 2013, 07:02
Hello guys some one knows about other forms to apply in this kind of jobs for china, I'm interested in corporate flying in china or Asia, I'm a lineage 1000 and G-IV driver, any help is very appreciated. Thanks.

ciles
21st Oct 2013, 00:47
Just got back from an interview in China with MSI. Above someone mentioned CITIC. I was told they are in the process of changing their name to Minsheng but its proving harder then expected, so they are going my CITIC (the name of the company they bought) until they work out the details.
I was interviewing for the Legacy captain position, but there were captains and FO's there for every plane. It was my first time interviewing in China, so i had no idea what i was getting myself into. The medical was very in depth, but all 9 people passed it. the written test is where people had problems. only 3 of 9 passed the written. Im still waiting on the company sim. i should go back in the next couple of weeks.
Everyone we dealt with from WASINC and MSI were extremely helpful and accomodating.
Beijing (thier only base so far) was an amazing city. really nice people and amazing food. the smog was bad 2 of the 8 days we were there, which is the only bad thing i found about the city. they said they would be opening new cities soon. they are getting 10 new airplanes this year (as far as i can remember).

Edrj190
27th Oct 2013, 06:29
Hi ciles i was supposed to go on that round of interviews but could not get the chinese visa on time. i applied for the lineage 1000 captain position but i read that citic only have like 3 planes only. do you have any fresh info about that? thanks.

flybizjets8
14th Nov 2013, 06:00
Minsheng bought CITIC because they needed their own China AOC. They want to be able to control the operations and maintenance of the 80 plus aircraft they own and lease out. They have a new order for 100 more I am told. In the past they had to use other operators that were not up to standard. Watch this space, they will grow quickly.

envoy
14th Nov 2013, 22:37
This is an interesting situation. Aircraft leasing and financing companies usually have pretty strict caveats on how (and with whom) the aircraft can be managed - understandable, as they have a financial interest in the aluminium and composite asset at the heart of the lease.

So now the biggest aircraft finance and leasing company in China has its heart set on aircraft management as well.

A situation to watch, for sure.

FLYM
17th Dec 2013, 18:15
Hi guys,

I have been approved for the interview in Beijing. Wasinc didn't give me an exact date yet but it seems they will start interviews again in January 2014.

Any advise before I get there ?

Thanks!

FrankR
18th Dec 2013, 18:06
Go to Home Depot, buy a few "N95 Approved" dust masks. My favorite for when I'm there is a 3M 8511.

.... Seriously, you should do it. Smog in Beijing is awful in Jan. Go to AQICN.COM. Smog in Los Angeles is around 70 to 130 on a bad day, in Beijing, it's off the international scale at 500+.

Just sayin,

FR

FLYM
18th Dec 2013, 20:32
Ok. I'm seriously considering to do it… Some people I know living there told me so.

Thanks!

A-V-8
20th Aug 2014, 19:19
Can anyone PM me a direct email to their recruiters. I cant seem to find one online.

152HEAVY
4th Dec 2014, 17:31
Hey D&F, can you share some details on the ops and company...! Looking at the FO Lineage opening.

Thanks in Advance.

152H:ok: