PDA

View Full Version : MAN/BHX Ground Handling

oxymoronic
23rd Aug 2013, 18:42
Hi all,

I'll be starting at a university in the west midlands in the coming weeks and I'm hoping to secure either a PSA or (preferably) a TCO role at either MAN or BHX to cover the Christmas period - it would be great to start beforehand but I'm aware that, generally speaking, traffic is not abundant between holidays.

If anyone has any information or (even better) contact details of departments I could talk directly to with the ground handling agents at either Manchester or Birmingham I would greatly appreciate you sharing that, either in a reply or by PM.

Thanks!

aergid
26th Aug 2013, 13:02
Hi Oxy

The issue you will have is that Christmas is the Low Season in the UK and all the seasonal staff will have been laid off leaving only permanent staff.
his is standard preactice throughout all the GHAs

My advice would be to look at maybe a part time position starting March/April 14.
My advice is to contact the GHAs directly and not through any Agencies...

Good luck anyhow

oxymoronic
27th Aug 2013, 12:13
I thought as much aergid! I'll see what pops up in the near future but if you, or anyone else for that matter does have some contact details for Servisair/Menzies at either BHX or MAN I would appreciate you pointing me in the right direction!

Whilst Menzies have got their MAN details on their site, I don't think BHX is on there? As for Servisair, getting in touch with them is even harder, I've only managed to find contact details if you were a client, not a hopeful applicant. :suspect:

aergid
6th Sep 2013, 12:22
Servisair might have reduced their recruiting for the time being as they have just been bought by Swissport.
Try contacting either Swissport or Menzies through their websites. Even if jobs are not displayed a cv to the relevant HR departments cant go wrong.
good luck