PDA

View Full Version : 'Tis no laughing matter in Suffolk

chopper2004
22nd Aug 2013, 20:14
Colonel's complaint about comedian leads to review of shows | Air Force Times | airforcetimes.com (http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20130822/OFFDUTY02/308220031)

Two's in
22nd Aug 2013, 20:39
Can't think why the USAF is so sensitive about sexual assaults and coercion...

Air Force Sex Scandal (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/air-force-sex-scandal)

Dash8driver1312
22nd Aug 2013, 20:42
It is like the Great One taught: you can please some if the people some of the time...

Pontius Navigator
22nd Aug 2013, 21:27
There's blue and blue. In Shropshire and Stilton I love it but from what the vice command wrote I agree with him.

SOSL
23rd Aug 2013, 00:48
Hi PN,

I'm with you on the cheese front.

Rgds SOS

lj101
23rd Aug 2013, 05:10
....and I'm with you on the rape isn't funny front PN.

Takes all sorts.....

BEagle
23rd Aug 2013, 07:52
While I agree with you on that, lj101 (in fact, in my view castration is too good for rapists...), I would have thought that it would have been simpler for Mitch Fatel's manager to be given 'the word' about the limits he should place on his act to US military audiences....

Here's an example of his act - 'blue' in part, to be sure, but the audience doesn't seem to find it offensive:

jC4YugjnHFE

Always a Sapper
23rd Aug 2013, 23:12
“The current contracts dictate entertainment shall be wholesome and adhere to the standards of good taste,” Yepsen said in an email. “Specifically, the rules prohibit offensive material regarding race, religion, national origin, sex, military rank, military service, or disability.”

Doesnt leave much for a comic to work with does it? Come to that, it probably wipes out 90% of crew room banter as well.... :mad:

I bet the Col's a right giggle on the lash too :suspect:

seadrills
24th Aug 2013, 07:55
Well done colonel. At last a senior officer recognises that the culture of sexism in the military is unacceptable.

Pontius Navigator
24th Aug 2013, 08:15
Doesnt leave much for a comic to work with does it? Come to that, it probably wipes out 90% of crew room banter as well.... :mad:

I bet the Col's a right giggle on the lash too :suspect:

the rules prohibit offensive material

The clue may be in that word offensive.

True what constitutes offensive is subjective but it does leave plenty of scope for a good comic.