PDA

View Full Version : Wannabe pilot needs opinions

dassu-pilot
22nd Aug 2013, 08:24
Hi, I'm 16 and with two years left at school starting to get an understanding of the aviation world and different routes I could take to become a commercial pilot. This year I was very lucky that my parents allowed and paid for glider plane training. Within two weeks I have passed 2 theory and practical exams and managed 105 flights, over half of them solo, next year I will continue and get my license. I have found a real joy in flying and would love to make it my job. Firstly I would like to know if there is still a disparity regards female pilots, although I know female pilots. Secondly I can speak german fluently and have of course looked at Lufthansa but due to not living in Germany I cannot apply until I have finished school and then would have to wait 10 months for the first exam and then another 8 for the next that is if they even accept me, I have considered taking this route and studying in the meanwhile for a business degree however this could be expensive, next I looked at easyjet but have concerns about joining a integrated course which could build up debt. Frankly I need to research more but I would like to know your opinions on what would be a suggestible route as you have more knowledge than me in this industry.
Thanks a lot :)

CAT3C AUTOLAND
22nd Aug 2013, 16:46
Welcome to PPRUNE.

It is well worth using the search function, as there are a lot of threads that will answer all your questions and provide you with some very useful information and advice.

All the best.