View Full Version : Driving barefoot / in flip flops / high heels

Capetonian
19th Aug 2013, 17:11
An article in this morning's newspaper (yes, I know .... not the DM) says that driving whilst wearing flip-flops is more dangerous than high heels. As far as I'm concerned both are bloody dangerous and it should be an offence.

I often drive barefoot and am told by various people that this is illegal. I have yet to see proof of this, and no policeman on the rare occasions when I've been stopped for example at a road block, has made any comment.

Driving barefoot seems to me certainly a lot safer than driving with high heels or platform shoes, or flip-flops (none of which I wear!). It gives greater control over and feel for the controls, and assuming that one is driving a normal car with power assisted brakes and a light clutch, I fail to see the problem.

Pilot.Lyons
19th Aug 2013, 17:15
Im a driving instructor and when i taught my sister years ago she could only drive bare foot. I thought id ask the examiner if this was ok and he didn't know. He rang the driving standards agency and they said "suitable foot ware must be worn at all times"
As for the law i cant comment but if she didn't wear her slippers she wouldn't have been able to take her test.

Mostly Harmless
19th Aug 2013, 17:29
High heels are dangerous. This poor woman is absolutely doubled over in pain from her heels. http://datingsymbol.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/high-heels-dangerous-for-your-health-198x300.jpg

Goodness knows, that wearing heels like these are likely to have you on your knees or on your back at any given moment of the day or night. http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8370/8501949668_e60a91900d_b.jpg

probes
19th Aug 2013, 18:10
"suitable foot ware must be worn at all times"
meaning barefoot is not allowed? You can't be serious? What could possibly be dangerous about that? I mean, if you get stung by a wasp or something, it usually happens much higher, for example.
Also it depends on the heels, some are quite ok despite being high, actually.

500N
19th Aug 2013, 18:47
Cape

I am like you.

Barefoot quite often.

I agree, Thongs / Flip Flops are dangerous.

1DC
19th Aug 2013, 18:52
Stopped for fuel at an outback town in Qld. and a four trailer road train pulled up. The driver jumped out wearing thongs/flipflops.. He was obviously comfortable but i don't think i could drive wearing them.

500N
19th Aug 2013, 19:03
1DC

I do the same, but drop the flip flops off when I get in the car
and drive bare footed.

superq7
19th Aug 2013, 19:04
500/1dc

Sorry made me smile a Thong in the UK is a tiny pair of panties (women's) which err how can I explain it .....exposť the buttocks:)

1DC
19th Aug 2013, 19:04
Never thought of that....

Edit.. replying to 500N:O:O

500N
19th Aug 2013, 19:16
super

Says you coming from "Bristol" :O Is that word still used for breasts ?

Yes, it made me laugh when I first came to Aus, what I knew as
Flip Flops were now to be called Thongs !!!

And then of course Thongs of the other sort took off as a fashion item :rolleyes:

1DC

I have on the odd occasion got out of the car without putting the thongs
on and quickly got back in because the concrete can be 50+ degrees.
Luckily I have feet like leather but even so, it makes you jump :O

I know where Sandals in hot weather as it is cooler but they can
be almost as bad as Thongs if you are not careful.

Manual cars are worse than Autos with Flip flops / thongs !

Mike X
19th Aug 2013, 19:26
Capetonian,

If I remember correctly, it was an offence to drive without footwear of sorts, but the rule was repealed quite a few years back in the good ol' RSA.

I prefer bare feet, but not always possible. Either way, it either 'feels' right or it doesn't.

Pilot.Lyons
19th Aug 2013, 19:56
Yes its true you cant or couldn't at the time take your driving test without anything on your feet!

Shocked me aswell. It was ten years ago so things may have changed..... Thongs are ok though ;)

George B Duffy
19th Aug 2013, 20:06
The handful of times I ever tried driving barefoot I got terrible cramp in the left foot. Wouldn't consider it now.

superq7
19th Aug 2013, 20:21
George get an auto :ok:

bbrio1
19th Aug 2013, 20:34
As I understand it: in Brazil barefoot = permitted, flipflops = illegal (mainly due to the fact that the foot is not firmly fixed to the shoe, specifically the heel.) I think they can ding you for anything deemed "inadequate", which seems reasonable enough.

vulcanised
19th Aug 2013, 21:27
What a bore.

Driving bare breasted would be better...............

LordGrumpy
19th Aug 2013, 21:34
Driving bare breasted would be better...............
A chap without shirt on : think of the seat belt marks.

belfrybat
19th Aug 2013, 21:39
bbrio.

That's right. Barefoot or sandals with heel straps are OK but footwear that may slip off is not.

Phalconphixer
19th Aug 2013, 22:21
Flip-flops are a definite no-no here in Spain...

500N
19th Aug 2013, 22:23
belfrybat

I sometime wear Sandals, especially up north Aus and yes,
they can be the same as Flip Flops.

Shack37
19th Aug 2013, 22:33
What about when you spill the contents of your thermos over the bare feet?
Even worse, your make-up kit!

West Coast
19th Aug 2013, 22:56
Ok, one of you "experts" tell me how driving in flip flops is dangerous, feel free to back it up with something other than opinion. Living in San Diego, flip flops are about the only type of shoes I wear and I haven't banged any of my vehicles in a decade plus. The last time I did was in the Sierras in winter and I was wearing boots.

500N
19th Aug 2013, 23:01
They CAN get caught behind the pedal when moving from one to the other.
More so in Manuals than Autos.

I've done it, I do it now (sometimes), but I can see and have experienced
it myself so know it can occur.

And it's not just the floppy ribber flip flops, the big wide ones
are almost worse in some cases.

Worrals in the wilds
19th Aug 2013, 23:36
The driver jumped out wearing thongs/flipflops.. He was obviously comfortable but i don't think i could drive wearing them.
A lot of truckies drive barefoot and just throw the thongs on to walk around outside. They usually have a pair of steel capped boots beside them for when they get to their destination but don't like driving in them. I also find steel capped boots are very heavy to drive in for long periods of time.

I have no idea if it's legal or not top drive barefoot here; of course a lot of truckies also still drive without seatbelts, so they probably don't care much either way.

Pappa Smurf
19th Aug 2013, 23:43
Living in a warm climate I always drive in thongs ,or if taking the dog to the beach I go barefoot.
The odd time I have driven with work boots on and that feels strange.
Its what your used to I suppose.
Racing drivers wear very thin boots for better feel.
As far as laws go,i haven't got a clue.

The old Aussie truckers wore thongs ,footy shorts and blue singlets ,but now a lot seem to be wearing company uniforms.
Also the dreaded "safety shirts"are the thing now,but a few truckies I know only put on out of cab ,and still have the thongs and shorts.

West Coast
20th Aug 2013, 00:36

Anything can happen, the question is do statistics back it up as a causal factor to accidents?

I standby for something other than opinion.

onetrack
20th Aug 2013, 00:37
A lot of truckies drive barefoot and just throw the thongs on to walk around outside. They usually have a pair of steel capped boots beside them for when they get to their destination but don't like driving in them. I also find steel capped boots are very heavy to drive in for long periods of time.

A good friend is a triple road train owner/operator. He runs a Mack with an electronic "fly-by-wire" throttle. Travelling with him, I noticed he threw his boots off once inside the cab, and he drove barefoot.
I asked him why, and he said the electronic throttles are exceptionally touchy - and wearing boots, masks any "feel" for the torque being applied, particularly at takeoff from a static position.

Applying clutch and throttle to get 120 tonnes moving initially, requires a delicate touch and careful application of revs and torque. A big Mack engine will produce around 2000 ft/lbs of torque, and injudicious application of too much RPM and torque, trying to get 120 tonnes moving, will see clutch life shortened, and worse, possible tailshaft and universal joint structural damage. It's amazing to watch the amount of "wind up" in a heavy duty truck drivetrain as it puts power to the road.

Alec told me he could only get the right "feel" for the application of power to move off, with bare feet. Takeoff with 120 tonnes and 3 trailers requires minimal RPM to prevent stall, with minimal clutch slippage - then gentle application of power once the clutch is fully engaged.

There was a time when the local police enforced the "no bare feet when driving" rule. I don't see it enforced much any more.
However, flip flops are definitely dangerous because they aren't attached firmly to your feet and can be caught up in, or under, pedals.

Squawk 7500
20th Aug 2013, 00:56
I think women, in general, are far more dangerous than any item of footwear!

And before anyone calls me sexist - I have only ever seen women using the vanity mirror for makeup/hair/lipstick purposes whilst on a motorway

parabellum
20th Aug 2013, 01:22
Another aspect of flip-flops is, if the feet are at all wet, possibly due perspiration running down, then the foot does not stay securely in the flip-flop but, under pressure, can slide out the side suddenly, bad news if this happens on the brake pedal.

BenThere
20th Aug 2013, 01:32
As I grew up flying in air force boots, I never got comfortable wearing loafers or oxfords once I got to the airlines.

I bought my Lucchese black goatskin roper boots in 1996 and wear them to this day, every day in the cockpit. They've been rebuilt at the factory and resoled again locally, but they fit like a glove and protect my feet in all conditions.

Your footwear needs to be adequate to the task is what I'm saying.

500N
20th Aug 2013, 01:35
Parabellum

Good point, forgot about the wet feet aspect and so true !

West Coast
20th Aug 2013, 02:07
Me thinks many of you don't wear flip flops enough then. It's year round footwear here and I have none of these issues. One would think there would be a law against it in given the nanny state I live in if there was an issue.

visibility3miles
20th Aug 2013, 03:33
In the US, it varies by state as to whether barefoot driving is legal.

In California, of course, bare foot is cool with the cops.

Lon More
20th Aug 2013, 06:25
a coupe of nails through the feet should stop the flip-flops falling off; Jesus didn't have any problem.

Only reason I could think of for barefoot driving to be illegal is that you my not be able to bring full pressure on the brake in an emergency? Not really relevant in modern vehicles.

MagnusP
20th Aug 2013, 07:33
This may have triggered the article mentioned by Capetonian:

BBC News - Bristol kebab shop crash 'caused by flip-flop' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-23754997)

Blues&twos
20th Aug 2013, 08:13
Magnus, had just read the story before getting on PPRuNe. Thought her excuse was barely credible given the circumstances....confirmed when the last paragraph described how CCTV showed her going backwards and forwards a couple of times! :ugh:

probes
20th Aug 2013, 08:16
So, according to the article, flip-flops are prohibited to make it impossible to use them as an excuse?
The prosecution has alleged 50-year-old Ms Anderson suffered a "red mist moment" in revenge for an earlier altercation in which she headbutted a teenage girl - an offence to which Ms Anderson has already pleaded guilty.
In her defence, she told the court a flip-flop she was wearing at the time got caught between the accelerator pedal and the floor of the car.

I think women, in general, are far more dangerous than any item of footwear!
Maybe, in general, it's the problem of those who think/feel they're dangerous? (proven by MD787's vid - she had no problems, just the guy screaming!) :E
What about when you spill the contents of your thermos over the bare feet?
Even worse, your make-up kit!
if you spill it over your bare feet, it's far less painful than inside your boots, where it stays scorching for much longer.
As for the make-up kit, nowadays hardly any powder is in liquid form. Or dusty enough to puff up and blind you.
Driving bare breasted would be better...
I'm sure nobody would mind if you do that, Vulcanised. :E

And actually I can't remember any occasion when the police had taken any interest in my footwear. Hm.

Solid Rust Twotter
20th Aug 2013, 09:19
I only wear shoes for work. The rest of the time I go barefoot or slip on a a pair of slops/strops. Found the el cheapo croc rip offs pretty good as well. Didn't wear shoes until I was ten years old and these habits die hard. Hated the damned things and still do.

Driving barefoot isn't a problem, but generally I find my inner chimp driving by gripping the pedal between my toes (which have drawn horrified comment from an ex girlfriend as being a little too prehensile).

Used to skydive barefoot most of the time as well, although when the DZ looked a little rough I'd dive in slops (Saffer word for thongs/flip flops) with a line stow bungee wrapped around my big toe and the one next to it to keep the slops on in freefall.

Octopussy2
20th Aug 2013, 09:43
I drive in flip flops all the time in summer; it's fine.

Have never liked driving with bare feet. High heels aren't particularly comfortable, but it's do-able. Shoes with platform soles, on the other hand, are tricky because you can't feel the pedals properly. Unlikely to be dangerous, but an uncomfortable ride for passengers because it's easy to brake more heavily than was intended.

vulcanised
20th Aug 2013, 11:46
Please remove snowshoes before attempting to drive.

rgbrock1
20th Aug 2013, 12:11
It is of my extremely humble opinion that those drivers who wear flip-flops, sandals, drive barefoot or drive with a passenger who has his/her feet up on the dash, also barefoot, should all
be torn from their vehicles and summarily executed on the side of the road. (Preferably with a double-tap to center of the forehead. Just to be sure.) :ok::ok::ok:

Wear your goddamn shoes, FFS. That's why man invented shoes. If you want to act like a Neanderthal then don't drive: simply walk, with your knuckles dragging on the ground.

Lon More
20th Aug 2013, 12:58
That would mean carrying their AK47/Glock/M15/Sherman tank/bazooka plus 15 days ammo on their back every time they went to the store, Mr. Brock. Not much point in having a concealed weapons permit with that lot on display :E

(not to mention the15 hand grenades hung from their belts like extra testicles)

rgbrock1
20th Aug 2013, 13:03
Lon:

You forgot the Claymore mines. :ok::E:}

mikedreamer787
20th Aug 2013, 13:03
My Modern Caveman magazine (issue 61 - Girls With Guns) has
a lady who might take offence at that Neanderthal crack rgb! :bored:

http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp14/xritl/Modern-Caveman-Magazine-Presents-Girls-with-Guns-61.jpg

rgbrock1
20th Aug 2013, 13:04
mikedreamer:

With a girl like that I wish I was a Neanderthal. Just drag her off by the hair to the man cave!!!

Lon More
20th Aug 2013, 13:50
You forgot the Claymore mines.

Who needs a WMD when you carry the real thing?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/Badyin/funnies/claymore_zpscfa0e3a9.jpg (http://s6.photobucket.com/user/Badyin/media/funnies/claymore_zpscfa0e3a9.jpg.html)

edited to add, that Neanderthal crack - obviously where she's hiding the spare clip.

500N
20th Aug 2013, 14:15
RGB

"Wear your goddamn shoes, FFS. That's why man invented shoes. If you want to act like a Neanderthal then don't drive: simply walk, with your knuckles dragging on the ground."

The people of Australiaincluding myself object to that "Neanderthal" statement :O

And coming from you, that's a bit hypocritical :=

rgbrock1
20th Aug 2013, 14:21
Why 500N, are the people of Australia - including thyself - directly descendant from the Neanderthal? I always thought as much but you've further confirmed my suspicions. :}

500N
20th Aug 2013, 14:24
I took the lead from the Abos who hunt in barefeet.

I hunt in Flip Flops (Thongs) aka Chinese Safety Footwear :O

rgbrock1
20th Aug 2013, 14:28
500N

You hunt in a thong? :eek: WTF? Mother of god, now I've heard it all.

Hey. I have an idea 500N. Why don't you come over and visit me here in NYC? You can run around in your thong pretending that you're on a hunt. Let's see how long you last. (I'd give it about 3.1 nanoseconds but YMMV) :}

edited to add: having given it further thought, if you do come over to NYC in your thong, if you put a bone in your nose and carry a spear with you, you might very well fit in with some of the locals. Thus, securing your safety.

500N
20th Aug 2013, 14:31
Is that 3.1 seconds before I get shafted or shot ?:rolleyes:

rgbrock1
20th Aug 2013, 14:33
No, 500N, i think after those 3.1 nanoseconds you wouldn't be shafted or shot. Simply, disappeared. You know, swimmin' wid da fishes and all stuff. :ok:

Capetonian
20th Aug 2013, 14:36
I only wear shoes for work. The rest of the time I go barefoot or slip on a a pair of slops/strops. .......... Didn't wear shoes until I was ten years old and these habits die hard. Hated the damned things and still do.

Must be a SA/Antipodean thing, I hate wearing shoes. I sometimes forget where I am and slip my shoes off. I once went to work in Salisbury (Rhodesia) without shoes because I used to take them off after work and leave them in the passenger footwell of the car, then put them on next morning when I got to the office. On one occasion the 'garden boy' as we used to call them took them to clean them and left them beside the car, and I didn't see them. I walked into a shoe shop in Kingsway barefoot and remember the assistant saying very facetiously : " .. and how can I help you this morning, sir ....!"

500N
20th Aug 2013, 14:37
Oh, nasty, I think I prefer the other way of you and me, a tank,
an armoured vehicle and loaded to the hilt with guns and ammo
and NO ROE :ok:

rgbrock1
20th Aug 2013, 14:43
What is this thing with not wearing shoes or going barefoot? WTF? I'm lucky I take my shoes off to go to bed at night, let alone prancing around all day in silly-looking flip-flops. (Which I wouldn't be caught dead wearing).

What ever happened to: "he died with his boots on"?

500N
20th Aug 2013, 14:47
Because unlike you some of us live in a bloody hot climate.

I do wear boots up north some of the time depending on where I am going,
including socks even if it is 45 degrees (100+), mainly for protection and
running over rough ground.

But other times Sandals work fine as long as I am not chasing things.

rgbrock1
20th Aug 2013, 15:08
500N The Flip-Flop Wearing Neanderthal wrote:

But other times Sandals work fine as long as I am not chasing things.

Perhaps it's a good thing you don't come for a visit to NYC.
Sandals are unwieldy when having to run while being chased by "things."

500N
20th Aug 2013, 15:14
rgb

Er, I tend to "stand and deliver" - and pray like hell I'm on target :O

The closest one has got to me is it dropped dead at 8 feet :rolleyes:

Even I thought that was close and so did my mate who was watching,
he thought I was going to have two horns rammed into me !

rgbrock1
20th Aug 2013, 15:25
500N:

That's all and good and I'm glad you dropped your target.

However, that would do you no good here in parts of NYC where the animals of prey are of the two-legged variety and they wouldn't give a hoot what you have yourself armed with because they travel in packs. Armed packs. Like these here "gentlemen."

http://i.computer-bild.de/imgs/2/9/3/7/4/6/6/Die-Mara-Salvatrucha-auch-Mara-oder-MS-13-genannt-ist-eine-der-680x455-4311f065716c5398.jpg

500N
20th Aug 2013, 15:28
Grenade, Claymore .............. oh fcuk :O

Tankertrashnav
20th Aug 2013, 15:36
Re thongs/flipflops

I remember hearing many years ago about a British girl who took a room in an Australian boarding house and was startled to see a sign in her room requesting that tenants should refrain from sticking Durex on the walls!

(For non Brits / Aussies) At the time Durex was a popular brand of adhesive tape in Oz whereas it was (and is) a major brand of condom in the UK.

Blues&twos
20th Aug 2013, 15:39
I loathe flip flops. But not as much as umbrellas.
And wasps.

500N
20th Aug 2013, 15:42
The good thing about Flip Flops is they have gone from those
bloody awful Soft rubber one's to much sturdier hard rubber
with cloth straps and cloth on top of the rubber !!!

Checkboard
20th Aug 2013, 15:47
4 pages, when the definitive answer is on the internet?

Shoes For Driving (http://www.drivingtesttips.biz/shoes-for-driving.html)

Lon More
20th Aug 2013, 17:28
tenants should refrain from sticking Durex on the walls!

Possibly related to the back-packer who thought he would make a fortune selling rooting powder back in Oz

Capot
20th Aug 2013, 17:41
Thank you Checkboard, and Lo 'n Behold, there is confirmation of what I thought I knew...

A common myth is that it's illegal to drive barefoot, in fact it's not illegal to drive barefoot in the UK. It is not illegal to drive without shoes nor is it illegal to drive with flip flops or high heels.

rgbrock1
20th Aug 2013, 17:49
In may not be illegal to drive barefoot in the UK or in the US but it is illogical. If one were to get into an accident where copious amounts of shattered glass is lying about on the road, it would be amusing to see someone barefoot hopping out of their vehicle into the glass shards. Might take awhile to pick 'em out of ones feet.

probes
20th Aug 2013, 19:42
well, as there's some discussion about the states interfering...
Dangers associated with driving in high heel shoes or boots can be the heel getting caught in the floor carpet or mat just as you are going to brake, therefore impeding reaction time or preventing the brake being pressed altogether.
it's like banning something because someone has been stung by a wasp in his inner thigh once (and it did happen to a friend of mine once, seriously, he did end in a ditch).
What my feet look like in autumn:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCJNdgo3zB4LBCKQB85xNkyLn1n_SVht30TQ1VLD2ICXdVAnSbRg

Solid Rust Twotter
21st Aug 2013, 12:31
I hunt in Flip Flops (Thongs) aka Chinese Safety Footwear

Aka Durban Combat Boots or Durban Combats.

Had a mate called Mal A, now sadly passed on, who would wander around Windhoek in a three piece suit and a pair of flip flops. Great bloke who was on first name terms with King Sobhuza. Wangled us a couple of invites to the Swazi royal thrashes. Much fun it was too. The old boy must be spinning in his grave at what Mswati is up to...

RGB doesn't like going barefoot? Does this mean rangers are delicate little chrysanthemums who don't like getting a boo-boo on their wickle fwuffy bunny tootsies?:}

500N
21st Aug 2013, 12:38
"RGB doesn't like going barefoot? Does this mean rangers are delicate little chrysanthemums who don't like getting a boo-boo on their wickle fwuffy bunny tootsies?http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gif"

+ 100

:D:D:D:D:D

Did you know Rangers get issued Johnsons Baby Powder so they can powder
the delicate little tootsies each night :O

I am sure some of them use it for other things as well :rolleyes:

rgbrock1
21st Aug 2013, 12:41
500N and SRT are trying to be comical. Very funny men indeed.

But it has always struck me as being rather, shall we say, girly for a supposed man to walk around in sandals or, even worse, barefoot. Round these parts we call such men: girly-men.

:}:E:ok::mad::suspect::oh::confused::eek:

Probes. Is there a logical reason behind your posting a photo of your feet? I mean, nice feet and all that but......really!!!! :}

500N
21st Aug 2013, 12:45
You sound like Arnold :O

It wears a bit thin wearing boots in 40 - 50 degrees (100 - 110)
when you don't have to like the Army and peeling off wet and
smelly socks at the end of the day !!!

Come for a visit, I guarantee you that you would be wearing similar up
there after a couple of days :O

500N
21st Aug 2013, 12:47
"Probes. Is there a logical reason behind your posting a photo of your feet? I mean, nice feet and all that but......really!!!! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gif "

A re incarnation of Slasher that somehow went wrong :O

rgbrock1
21st Aug 2013, 13:11
500N:

I couldn't give a rat's ass what the temperature is and where that temperature is. I've visited my sister in Arizona - the oven of the United States - and still wear shoes and/or boots.

http://store.militaryspot.com/v/vspfiles/photos/BV390%20DES-2T.jpg

If probes was a reincarnation of Slasher she wouldn't have posted a photo of her feet but one of her.... rhymes with tubes!!!

MagnusP
21st Aug 2013, 13:54
.... and starts with the letter "p"?

rgbrock1
21st Aug 2013, 13:59
Sorry Magnus, you fail the pop quiz. No, it does not begin with the letter "p".

Here's a hint:

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001072871/hot_blonde_answer_4_xlarge.jpeg

MagnusP
21st Aug 2013, 14:15
You're a spoilsport. :*

vulcanised
21st Aug 2013, 14:24
Here's a hint

Dontcha mean bint?

probes
21st Aug 2013, 15:46
Probes. Is there a logical reason behind your posting a photo of your feet?
that's not a thread about logics or reason - as flip-flops are banned for drivers - and of course it's not my feet, the text says they 'look like that in autumn'. To illustrate how comfortable the said footwear is.
Or, as a change for the gang of gents? :E

rgbrock1
21st Aug 2013, 15:54
Ah probes, I knew you'd come through and formulate a reason for the photo. And you did so rather, um, succinctly as well! :ok::ok::ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
21st Aug 2013, 16:07
The girlie-men would be those with the petal soft wickle footsies hopping and squeaking and hissing as they cross a stretch of gravel or hot tar, or even a slightly rough carpet.

We het tigers have soles like a rhino's scrotum and can happily stomp on burning ducks or stroll through fields of devil thorns bare foot all day without feeling any pain. I've had to carve off 1/4 inch thick chunks of the more calloused bits with a Stanley knife when the ex GF had a lot to say about Ol' Rhino Balls' hooves tearing up the bed sheets, along with the satin soft hide on her ankles.

rgbrock1
21st Aug 2013, 16:21
SRT:

Stomping on burning ducks? What a visual image that is!

Let's cure these misconceptions once and for all, shall we?

A Real Man takes a rock into the desert and uses it as a pillow.

Anything less is girly. :}:}:}:}

Blues&twos
21st Aug 2013, 17:14
You need a pillow? Wuss.

rgbrock1
21st Aug 2013, 17:39
Touche', Blues&twos. :ok::E:}

Solid Rust Twotter
21st Aug 2013, 19:02
Hah! Soft ranger powder puffs. We hetero tigers punt our rocks into the desert with bare feet due to our hands being full of weaponry and women who require ravishing. We don't use rocks as pillows, merely to hammer our manly beards back into our faces so we can chew the bristles off on the inside.:}

rgbrock1
21st Aug 2013, 19:18
Oh my, SRT, oh my.

And I thought that horror flick the Mrs. and I watched last night was, well, horrifying. :}:}:}

mikedreamer787
22nd Aug 2013, 06:21
I got nuthin' against women who drive in high heel flip flops. :)

http://www.carsanjay.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/women-with-high-heels-on-car.jpg

500N
22nd Aug 2013, 06:28
Mike

Impressive.

Are you after Slasher's title :O

mikedreamer787
22nd Aug 2013, 06:33
He likes high heels too does he? :\

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_OpgwRyMIfTqGBGUq8KoSj7w9y7_vDba-wCENSsYyTZk6Vd9b6DH_N0Y4

Capetonian
22nd Aug 2013, 06:34
That young lady has no airbags. Slasher would have done better.

500N
22nd Aug 2013, 06:42
Cape

She has Airbags, modern type, smaller than old type and well concealed.
You can just see them poking through the natural camouflage :O

I know Slasher prefers the old,bigger style !

Airbags or not, I'd like to make her go bang ;)

mikedreamer787
22nd Aug 2013, 08:27
I just done a Prune search on slasher 500N.

Seems to me he'd prefer airbags like these?

http://weinterrupt.com/wp-content/uploads/hitchhiker-209x300.jpg

Can't says I blame him! :)

500N
22nd Aug 2013, 08:45
That is a very nice pair indeed.

And the rest isn't bad at all either :O

Ripline
22nd Aug 2013, 12:41
I really would advise against driving while wearing high heels.

I'm pretty sure that it would ruin your swing and affect the follow-through if one heel went through the turf, possibly leading to pulling the shot.

h, c & d..... :)

Ripline

rgbrock1
22nd Aug 2013, 13:05
Neither one of the women in the photos above have seat belts engaged. That is illegal. Thus, I will no longer gape at those photos until such time as the seat belts are engaged.

Thus, those two ladies are naughty. And deserve a firm spanking for their transgressions.

mikedreamer787
22nd Aug 2013, 14:48
Well if the the Duke can do it I can't see
any reason why you can't RGB! :}

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQB-l6-V3rpFTjfpIK34ewKDkBS3iAKrF6bckz1-tSVFW5Z3bwa

rgbrock1
22nd Aug 2013, 14:49
mike:

Yes, I'm aware of the Duke administering a spanking in that movie.

I try to practice as often as practicable on the Mrs. :}:}:}

Um... lifting...
22nd Aug 2013, 19:13
Always wear proper shoes. These procured from the U.S. Army Ranger Store.

http://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/images/model24.jpg

rgbrock1
22nd Aug 2013, 19:16
um...lifting...

Now you've gone and let the cat out of the bag, damn you. Those are indeed Army-issued foot gear for Army Rangers only.

Quack, quack.

500N
22nd Aug 2013, 19:22
RGB

I don't know why but I could see you in those :O

Um... lifting...

rgbrock1
22nd Aug 2013, 19:24
500N:

It's what we wore in Grenada. Which is probably why we got shot at. (I mean, wouldn't you shoot at someone wearing shoes like that? I would.)

:E:E:E

Mallan
22nd Aug 2013, 19:25
I put the back strap down when I drive in my faux crocs.

500N
22nd Aug 2013, 19:34
I would.

You got hit where you did because they were aiming at your shoes :O

Lucky they didn't see your "Mickey Mouse boxer shorts" or you might
be missing a bigger piece of your anatomy :O

http://www.tocgtn.com/images/underwear/cartoon11.jpg

http://www.tocgtn.com/images/underwear/cartoon6.jpg

rgbrock1
22nd Aug 2013, 19:38
500N:

A pox on your household for letting yet another cat outta the bag. :}:}:}

500N
22nd Aug 2013, 19:40
Well, we have to paint the real picture of RGB and his Rangers :O

Multi Coloured Smiley shoes as per previous page
Pink Tutu as per SaSless photo in other thread
Mickey Mouse Boxer Shorts.

And we haven't shown the pink ribbons in the hair yet,
I'm waiting for SaSless to dig up the photo :O

unstable load
23rd Aug 2013, 08:29
mikedreamer787,

Somewhere in the recesses of my hard drive is the "after" of that picture.....;)

Solid Rust Twotter
23rd Aug 2013, 12:04
Lucky they didn't see your "Mickey Mouse boxer shorts"...

You give rangers far too much credit, Mr Nitro. Purple satin shorts with little pink hearts is more their style...:}

Knee and elbow pads? With tears in my eyes, I ask you....

rgbrock1
26th Aug 2013, 17:18
SRT:

Repeat after me:

"U.S. Army Rangers prior to the 1990's did NOT wear elbow or knee pads to prevent elbow and knee boo-boos."

continue the mantra about 50 quad-zillion times and then you'll get it. Geez, are all S. Afrikaans thick?!!!! :}

broadreach
26th Aug 2013, 23:20
Well, I have driven barefoot and in flip-flops, but don't do so any more. Barefoot in a hot climate is slippery, flip-flops likewise and worse, they get tangled in the pedals. So now it's socks and Crocs or imitation Crocs. But, just so rgbrock1 and 500N don't get any negative ideas while they're tossing florid compliments at each other, before I don any new Crocs or imitations I do rip the straps off with my teeth - well, with my one tooth left. And I fill the Crocs or imitations with gravel, nails and a bit of Malagueta pepper before putting them on to drive, just to get a better feel for the road, you know.

500N
26th Aug 2013, 23:23
broadreach

You have saved yourself from a lashing by RGB :ok:

broadreach
26th Aug 2013, 23:30
That's good, never was into lashings, taken or given!

And as for high heels, useful useful for massaging the ears but slightly distracting while driving.

500N
26th Aug 2013, 23:40
"And as for high heels,"

If they lift the feet too high they put a hole in the roof lining of the car
and if too low, they scrape the dashboard :rolleyes:

BTW, I used "lashings" for a reason based on RGB's preferences ;) :O

broadreach
26th Aug 2013, 23:57
Yes, stiletto risks reminded me of the high school scandal, mate rolled the car and his classmate date's heels were found stuck in the roof lining. The whole school became overnight accident investigators.

500N
26th Aug 2013, 23:59
broadreach

Very good indeed. I needed a good laugh this morning.

Solid Rust Twotter
27th Aug 2013, 06:36
As for driving in shoes or work boots, cars these days are built for little people with tiny feet. The pedals are so close together that my size 13 hooves hit the one next to whichever pedal I'm trying to depress, no matter how much I twist my foot or try to use the side of the shoe. At least driving barefoot allows me to hit whichever pedal I'm aiming at.

Fick S'Efricans, Mr Rock? You think we know fcuk nothing......?:}

mikedreamer787
27th Aug 2013, 06:59
his classmate date's heels were found stuck in the roof lining.

Reminds me of an old high school ditty -

I see there's been some pushin'
By the imprints on the cushion
And high heels on the dashboard upside down
Since you've come between us
I wish you'd marry Venus
And stop the silly gossip in our town!

Well yes, there has been some pushin'
And there's imprints on the cushion
With her high heels on the dashboard upside down.
Since I met your Venus
I've had trubble with me penis
And I wish I'd never seen your fcuking town!