PDA

View Full Version : A big thank you to york flying school

Frightened nose gear
17th Aug 2013, 16:57
Although im Brighton based i decided to get away from it all and save money by going to Breighton airfield. I had not done the required 12 hours to keep my uk ppl current.I needed training and a test.
Mickey Kay runs York flying school.I was attracted by the free landing fees with free touch and goes at Breighton and also the three nearest airfields.
A c150 is currently £120 per hour all in including the instructor! In fact last Sunday at 9am we had the airfield to ourselves for an hour and a half practising touch and goes.
During my training i probably did 30 touch and goes and a dozen or more landings.Everyone was friendly including the examiner and it was a nice area to fly in and visit local airfields with no landing or touch and go fees.I did furnish my instructor Mickey with the odd "chip butty"
I recommend these guys because they are genuine aviation enthusiasts working out of an interesting airfield.

md 600 driver
17th Aug 2013, 17:33
My son is completing his ppl there at the moment full marks to all at York flying school I fully agree with frightened nose gear

Steve

kevkdg
1st Jul 2014, 19:52
I just thought I'd add my ten pence worth to this thread...

I have literally just completed an SEP Class Rating course and Skills Test at York Flying School, Breighton.

I picked York Flying School, as like others have said, it is run by knowledgeable, friendly, passionate instructors and examiners and at a very interesting airfield. The bonus to top it all is the very competitive prices. Also, a few months ago, long before I was a student of the school, Mickey Kaye (CFI) was most helpful in advising me of the best way forwards with converting my NPPL(A) SLMG to an EASA PPL(A) TMG with the end objective being a PPL(A) with both TMG and SEP Class rating.

They not only have instructors and aircraft available 7 days a week, but ALSO examiners. As I wanted to fly midweek rather than weekends due to family and work commitments, this suited me very well.

As with many people, once I was deemed ready for test by my instructor, I did not want to wait around for weeks on end for an examiner and weather to come together, so was very impressed to be tested within a few days.

I have enjoyed the course and look forward to now hiring aircraft from them once the CAA have processed my application.