PDA

View Full Version : NZ CPL to CASA CPL

flyingtool
17th Aug 2013, 03:56
Hey Guys,

I am in the process of applying to convert my licence to a CASA one. I've got all the paper work filled out I just need someone to sign the Statutory Declaration. Now I'm sure I dont need to go into detail about who can and who cant sign it but my question is does anyone know of (other then the consulate) who in the Auckland,Wellington region can sign this for me?

Thanks for your help

waren9
17th Aug 2013, 04:03
the doctor that did your aussie medical?

Jagdfalke
17th Aug 2013, 05:30
@ Waren9 - CAA NZ Class 1 can be transferred under the TTMRA.

@ flyingtool - i found a local Doctor who was licensed to practice in Australia to sign my paperwork.

seneca208
17th Aug 2013, 05:33
NZCAA medicals cannot be 'transferred' they merely allow you to use it until it's expiry. Your next medical will need to be Australian and it will be an initial issue.

waren9
17th Aug 2013, 05:39
i'll rephrase it then

a doctor that can do aussie medicals?

Sqwark2000
17th Aug 2013, 11:40
I assume that because you're applying for the Oz licence that you're completing a Oz form and presumably require a person authorised to witness a stat declaration in Oz.

But if any auth person is allowed either side of the Tasman, then in NZ, any police senior sergeant or above can sign, or do a search in the online yellowpages (yellow.co.nz) for a local JP. These a free options, you can seek a solicitor etc but can expect a wee charge for their time.

S2k

flyingkea
18th Aug 2013, 11:29
Hello,
I converted my NZ CPL to a CASA CPL, and I must say be careful with who you ask to sign the statutory declaration. As far as I am aware they will NOT accept NZ Justices of the Peace. Your best bet really is the consul (which is expensive - been there, got the bill... its about $25-$30 per signature required.) as they WILL accept it. I had a friend who also got his converted, and got some other profession (I think it was a lawyer who could practice in Aus) and it got knocked back.

Also Doctors that are CASA Dames operating in NZ may not be allowed to signed then, as they have to be authorized to practice in Aus.

If you know a military officer, I think that they are fine to sign as well.

Of course once you are over here, its easy to get a signature...