PDA

View Full Version : i need detaled infomation on joining officer training at cranwell

jrbishop44
15th Aug 2013, 21:25
I am interested in joining the RAF and want to know how my education would happen from 16 to being a qualified pilot

fwjc
16th Aug 2013, 01:52
1) I recommend using the search function in this forum

2) Is English your first language? Your written English does not look good, in terms of grammar, sentence construction, and spelling. It would be worth trying to improve this as much as you can. If you have dyslexia, this shouldn't stop you from being a pilot. However, being able to communicate clearly with good verbal and literacy skills will be important for RAF selection.

Pontius Navigator
16th Aug 2013, 06:57
JR has indeed used the search function and also displayed some initiative in then coming here. What he may have missed were essential terms to find the OASC thread.

From the post below it looks as if he is 15 and has already done several of the things that will help.

His ATC Sqn should have been an obvious place to ask or his local RAF Careers office.

However in simple terms - 5 good GCSE at grade C or above including English and Maths should be at Grade B (for pilot applicants). Then two A-levels and that is that. This however is a bare minimum and more and higher grades help.

A university degree, typically in the science or engineering fields, will also be an advantage however there are also disadvantages there too - cost and time.

Look at the OASC Wannabe thread at the top of this section.

I have one more year in school ANSI want to know is I should go into an RAF collage, as I want to going the RAF as a pilot, I went to know why my best education path is to becoming a successful pilot and officer I do do air cadets and have done lots of flying and activity, I am an NCI nco a gold leader, I want to know how best to plan my education from collage onwards

Wander00
16th Aug 2013, 08:05
And close to illiterate, but then in the 80s we were teaching Remedial English to cadets.

Wyler
16th Aug 2013, 08:42
As a decent grade in English is essential I think he will need considerably more than one year at school.
Shown initiative? Perhaps too much time on social media is one of the reasons his ability to communicate effectively is so poor.
Maybe a bit harsh but...really? :ugh:

Wander00
16th Aug 2013, 09:11
Have to confess not much better from young (25 yr old) W, but he can claim dyslexia in his defence, but I keep reminding him about "spellcheck" - makes damn-all difference!

PPRuNe Towers
16th Aug 2013, 09:15
http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/405176-oasc-candidates-wannabes-please-read-thread-first-new-thread.html