PDA

View Full Version : AS332L2 & ANR Headset

flieger210880
13th Aug 2013, 14:54
Is there anyone out there who's flying the L2 and using an ANR headset?
(Bose A20, Lightspeed Zulu 2, Etc)

I'm considering to buy a Bose A20, but I haven't had the opportunity to test an ANR headset in the aircraft. From what I hear from friends and colleagues the effect of an ANR headset depends a lot on the aircraft you're flying...

Since the L2 is quite a noisy bird to fly, it would be appreciated with some advise from other L2 pilots before I'm spending my money....

Thanks and fly safe!

Bladestrike
13th Aug 2013, 22:59
I've used the Bose and DC ANR for thousands of hours in L and L1s, no L2s. I found the Bose ANR quieter when it works, AND if you have the windows closed, but they aren't very robust units and offshore work saw them frequently needing repair. The David Clark's eat batteries faster and aren't quite as quiet when active, but are far more robust and MUCH quieter passively, and work well with the Puma windows open. I'd go with the David Clark's IMHO. If you have AC and don't need to open windows, perhaps the Bose would do alright, but I didn't trust my ears to lack of passive noise suppression. In the winter I wore an Alpha Eagle with CEP ear plugs.....very quiet!