PDA

View Full Version : fatpl

afcbsam
13th Aug 2013, 10:00
Hello,

I'm thinking of starting the expensive journey towards achieving a fatpl. Firstly as i'm based in Bournemouth, i would like to do my PPL with night rating there, the two biggest reasons for this are, to train at a category D airport plus using ATC can only help me for the following CPL course. Secondly as i live in Bournemouth it is close and convenient. After this is gets a bit troublesome due to money, I have enough money to pay for the PPL and night rating doing this full time, I was thinking of then taking a year to hour build and save as much money as possible on completion of this start the ATPL theory as a distance course whilst saving more for the final CPL/MEP/IR/MCC. Can anyone advise me if this is a good plan. Overall i was thinking this will take me about 4-5 years!

Lightning Mate
13th Aug 2013, 15:42
Are you aware that the fatpl does not exist?

RTN11
13th Aug 2013, 17:30
Are you aware that the fatpl does not exist?

Nothing in the post to indicate that he is unaware of that, it is a term used by training providers to sum up what he is planning to train for.

The only problem with your plan is the 4-5 year time scale, be careful on that one. Once you have completed your ATPL groundschool (which would be about a year into your plan) you then have three years from the last exam to get both your CPL and IR. The MCC doesn't come into this requirement.

So be vary wary of that timescale, the ATPL exams must all be done within 18 months, then three years later to get the CPL + IR. Also remember that the IR is only valid for a year, so budget for at least one renewal before finding a decent job.

afcbsam
14th Aug 2013, 05:32
Thanks for your reply RTN, after considering your points i have slightly alternated my plan as to, getting my PPL then hour building, UK and USA for this i will then save until i have the majority of the money towards the CPL and IR, then start groundschool.