PDA

View Full Version : JAA medical requirements for commencing type rating

AlexanderH
13th Aug 2013, 08:47
Quick question guys. Would really appreciate if I could be pointed out in the direction of where this regulation is in writing.

I recently renewed a UK JAA Class One Medical in Poland so technically I have a Polish Class one Medical Cert.

UK CAA have come back to me asking for the original medical report and tests from the medical authority in Warsaw to update my records so I'm in the process of arranging this as I type.

I'm about to commence my TR training in September, however, there seems to be some uncertainty as to whether I need to have a valid UK JAA Medical before commencing the TR or if it is solely needed for licence issuance?

I contacted the CAA and they weren't 100% sure of the answer themselves and couldn't point me in the correct direction of where I could find this information out myself. Although they did believe that this is only a licencing issuance issue.

I just don't want to get stung at the last minute if the CAA were to say, "you have to do the TR all over again because you didn't have a Class One Medical when you started" etc..

Any clarification on this or where I can find this in (legal) writing?

Much appreciated and cheers.