PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get some PPL hour building done

Fraser19
12th Aug 2013, 09:41
Does anyone know anywhere that provides small hour building for PPL. I live in Glasgow so preferably not too far away.

Jonzarno
12th Aug 2013, 09:56
Depending where near Glasgow you are, try the Prestwick flight centre: 01292 476523 or Cumbernauld flying club: 01236 727727

mde
13th Aug 2013, 14:55
You could try Waterford Aeroclub in Ireland they have a discount for the next three months or maybe Florida.Depends on the amount of hours you intend to do, eigth a day in Florida soon recoups the airfare

riverrock83
13th Aug 2013, 17:32
You could try Waterford Aeroclub in Ireland they have a discount for the next three months or maybe Florida.Depends on the amount of hours you intend to do, eigth a day in Florida soon recoups the airfare

I'm sure the OP said I live in Glasgow so preferably not too far away.:ok:

see a previous thread http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/475697-reasonably-priced-hour-building-cheaper-share-aircraft-scotland.html

If you have some capital, cheapest way per-hour is to buy a share in a group, then sell your share on again afterwards but it is hard to get into a group until you already have some hours / experience.

These things are often by word of mouth but it might be worth trying to contact groups directly. Check club notice boards and classifieds like on AFORS. I'm in a group in Prestwick (based at the flying club) and I know that all shares are taken at the moment in mine, but that doesn't mean that someone wouldn't be persuaded to sell.

Since you don't have your PPL yet (since previously you said you would be 17 at the end of August), I presume you are currently in training, so ask your instructor for advice. If you can agree to be doing X number of hours, then a discount can often be negotiated for block bookings at any club / school. He may also know some other options (as the flying community is quite small).

In saying all that, if you're wanting to go integrated, many of the airline schemes close to you if you get qualifications beyond a PPL. If going modular, then talk to one of the modular providers who might be able to help structure your hour building time and provide block bookings.

Best of luck
RR

xrayalpha
13th Aug 2013, 18:40
Buy a Light Aircraft Association light aircraft.

You can get a good number for less than 10k and then fly your socks off at around £20 an hour.

And if you chose the right one, then sell it for what you paid!

Planes and Aircraft For Sale - Light Aircraft, Autogyros, Helicopters ... (UK) (http://www.afors.co.uk) will give you ideas. Then ask local LAA pilots for thoughts. Your EASA SEP instructor probably won't have a clue!

You could even hangar it at Strathaven!