PDA

View Full Version : JAR-FCL v EASA Part-FCL "Sight of surface" Restriction

Ryan5252
10th Aug 2013, 10:09
As I understand it, newly issued PPL's under EASA Part-FCL no longer have the ridiculous 'In sight of the surface' restriction which JAR FCL did.

If all JAR licences effectively became Part-FCL on 08 April 2012 does that mean that the restriction stated within the licence no longer applies? Or, does one have to wait until the JAR licence is physically changed at its expiry?

I'm sure the restriction still applies but thought to ask. :ok:

bookworm
10th Aug 2013, 10:39
The JAR-FCL licence is deemed to be an EASA Part-FCL licence. The restriction is no longer in the ANO (nor in fact are any privileges or restrictions of the JAR-FCL licence).

BackPacker
10th Aug 2013, 11:11
What if you're flying a G-reg Annex-II (non-EASA) aircraft?

My gut feeling is that if you do so on a national (non-JAR) UK PPL, the restriction would still be in force, whereas if you do so on a JAR-FCL (now EASA) PPL, there is no such restriction anymore.

Whopity
10th Aug 2013, 13:23
The restriction was always in the UK ANO Schedule 7 and indeed remains there within the privileges of the UK PPL and NPPL.

BEagle
10th Aug 2013, 13:33
What if you're flying a G-reg Annex-II (non-EASA) aircraft?

My gut feeling is that if you do so on a national (non-JAR) UK PPL, the restriction would still be in force, whereas if you do so on a JAR-FCL (now EASA) PPL, there is no such restriction anymore.

Correct. Also the NPPL VFR restrictions remain in place.

Ryan5252
10th Aug 2013, 13:58
and indeed remains there within the privileges of the UK PPL
So, it remains in force on current JAR-FCL licences or does that refer to the ancient UK licences?

Johnm
10th Aug 2013, 14:48
Quote:

and indeed remains there within the privileges of the UK PPL

So, it remains in force on current JAR-FCL licences or does that refer to the ancient UK licences?

There is no such thing as a JAR licence anymore irrespective of what it might say on the cover or the paperwork. If you are carrying a licence with JAR written on it you are carrying an EASA licence.

PrestonPilot
12th Aug 2013, 07:21
where is the link to this part FCL? i cant seem to find it by googling or from the EASA website. thanks

BEagle
12th Aug 2013, 08:34
Preston Pilot, see http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CONSLEG:2011R1178:20120408:EN:PDF

Enjoy......:(