PDA

View Full Version : PA28 Final approach nr M56 Warrington

jamieerst
9th Aug 2013, 16:22
i was travelling back from north wales on wednesday when just going past appleton on the M56 when a PA28 with full flaps extended passed over head.

strange i thought as i want aware of a runway.. instant reaction was to come off the motor way to see if it was someone in trouble, but i couldnt find any way to get to where the plane was heading..

when i got home i checked google maps and there is an airfield there, Stretton i believe its called, looks to be either private or disused..

still, im guessing the pilot and plane landed safely, didnt hear anything on the news.

Nearly There
9th Aug 2013, 16:35
Stretton more than likely, I've seen rotary stuff landing in that area several times too, R22 R44 types, if not Stretton then someone with a healthy bank account and a hangar full of toys!

Squadgy
9th Aug 2013, 17:03
There are three strips near Stretton, one is part of the disused taxiway on the North Eastern side of the disused airfield

The second is a grass strip on the South Western side, used by microlights

Then is then a third strip, at a private house a couple of fields south of the one above used by a Navajo (I think) as well as a helicopter.

In addition to these there is also a helipad at Stobarts Haulage to the North on the M56.