PDA

View Full Version : FBO at Oakland CA

cambioso
6th Aug 2013, 07:53
G'day,
Any thoughts on the FBO of choice at Oakland CA (KOAK) please?
Thanks,
Jez

dc9-32
6th Aug 2013, 08:23
Landmark get my vote.
Kaiser Air don't even reply to messages.

fleigle
6th Aug 2013, 14:18
What equipment are you planning on showing up with?
Was at the jet center a couple of times, the newish guys at north field, friendly, efficient.
f

PS
Metropolitan Oakland Intl Airport FBOs (Oakland, CA) [KOAK/OAK] ? FlightAware (http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KOAK/businesses)

XEMS
6th Aug 2013, 14:55
Business Jet Center. It's the old terminal from the 1930's that has been renovated. Line crew seem to know their stuff, and I've seen everything from G550's on down. I would call and negotiate for fuel if you are not contract.

FrankR
6th Aug 2013, 15:05
If at all possible, I'd avoid KOAK and go to Hayward, only a few miles South. Lower prices and easier in and out. Oakland also requires a long taxi if you have to use rwy 29.

If you're going to Oakland, I'd prefer to use Business Jet.

FR

cambioso
6th Aug 2013, 18:00
Thanks very much Frank (re. Haywood).
We are a Falcon 2000 so would have no prob getting in. Do you happen to know what are facilities like for pax please? Is there an FBO of sorts, and is airside access for cars etc ok?
Sorry to ask, but I'm not familiar with that field.

fleigle
6th Aug 2013, 22:02
Cambioso,
The link that I provided above also shows the neighboring airports and their FBO's, check out APP, they have a website.
f

FrankR
6th Aug 2013, 23:33
Hi,

Hayward is a much smaller airport, with no scheduled service. It always irritated me to have to give way to two or three Southwest birds whilst on taxi to rwy 29 at OAK.

Check your accukwick to find the latest on the FBO's. I believe that there are two now. Cars, catering, services should be available, and we always saved over $1.00 US per gallon (Sorry, don't know how much sterling per liter that is).

For the best info and maybe some help, you can also ring up the charter / management company on field that is run by four guys who do a brilliant job. They are "SP Aviation". They aren't an FBO, but they sure know the east side of the bay better than anyone.

One thing, I haven't been there in several years, so I may be talking about history rather than today...

FR

fleigle
7th Aug 2013, 01:33
Cambioso,
And if you are going to be there more than just an overnight send me a PM and I'll try to show you around if you want.
f

cambioso
7th Aug 2013, 08:04
Thanks so much Guys for all your advice.
Listening to your collective opinions, we will deffo be going into OAK and will use Landmark. We are there for at least 4 nights commencing 20 Aug, so if anyone fancies a get together that would be great.
We have had the Homewood Suites Oakland recommended as a hotel......Does that make sense?
Sorry to keep asking all this stuff, but I really haven't got a clue about the area!
BWs
Jez

fleigle
7th Aug 2013, 14:49
Homewood Suites isn't too bad, daughter-in-law used to stay there with her crew when they were in town.
Oakland isn't too nice a place to hang around, and the commute into SF is a PITA !. You can take BART, just not at commute times.
Alameda is nice for restaurents/bars/dancing and has a couple of beaches with SF views, also a good golf course.
Easy access to Alameda from the FBO is to head west on Doolittle Drive, its just a couple of miles.
Cheers,
f

fleigle
8th Aug 2013, 01:53
Cambioso,
I may be around while you are here, I live just N of SF, and NW of Oakland, on your way to the Sonoma and Napa Valleys and their world famous wines.
Drop me a PM closer to your arrival and I'll give you a good steer to some excellent sight-seeing, at least, if not some brew-pubbing.
BTW I'm a former Brit and have lived here in the SF region for 37 years. My son and his wife both fly business jets, so I know the lifestyle.
Cheers,
f

cambioso
8th Aug 2013, 08:43
Sounds great Fleigle, thanks. I will get in touch once we are there. Could you PM your Cell number please?
Jez
P.S. Anyone else fancy joining the party??!!

737bomar
17th Aug 2013, 17:41
sent you a pm