PDA

View Full Version : Overseas VFR work

downwindharry
6th Aug 2013, 01:39
3000hr+ Canadian pilot with few hundred hours of multi-engine time, longline and mountain experience, looking for some info on overseas operators looking for VFR touring pilots preferably a 30 on 30 off rotation. Is there such a thing?

Thanks for the help
DH

MartinCh
6th Aug 2013, 04:31
I'd say most expat jobs, if not working for large company and being posted overseas on their ships, would be offshore 'IFR' twin jobs - ME, Africa, Asia.

Talking about strictly VFR utility, I recall seeing people going to PNG/Indonesia.
No idea about the roster. Why not get in touch with companies in Canada that lease/swap ships for Australian season during Canadian winter, if you can get on. I talked to some McDermott pilots, they also have N-reg ships over there as well on contracts. Somehow I think you'd not be up for working intensively year round with 3-4 months total time off.

skidbiter2
6th Aug 2013, 04:51
PNG has a few companies running 28/28 tours.

From my experience if you have medium time, they may fly you from Canada to PNG & return.

There are a number of companies operating there, but the three bigger companies are....

Hevilift
Heli Nuguini
Pacific Helicopters.

Its a little slower than it has been there right now, but for a start I would try one of those companies...... good luck.

VP-F__
6th Aug 2013, 17:12
you could try British International, they operate a couple of S61's on a military support contract in the Falklands, it is a vfr op but an IR is required

highfinal
6th Aug 2013, 20:40
You could try Pan African in Nigeria, they have a VFR contract out of Escravos that usually in need of Bell single pilots. You will need some offshore time, 500 hours I believe. Pretty good pay, probably one of the best paid places around to fly singles.

Adroight
8th Aug 2013, 11:27
One of the main advantages with touring work is a tax-free salary. You won't get this in PNG and the tax rate is a high one.

beebo
8th Aug 2013, 13:05
HNZ in Cambodia & Laos